AWAKENING - Gaming Terrain by Awaken Realms

Didn't see this one on here yet:

Awakening - Gaming Terrain

About this project

AWAKENING is a project for everyone that loves beautiful models and fantasy worlds.

With your support we want to create the best terrain pieces available on the market. We aim at amazing design, breathtaking details, affordable price - all cast in best quality resin you can find on the market.

df7b58b1868ade6ef697b6ecaca35e94_origina

We are Awaken Realms - one of the biggest miniature painting studio worldwide, with a team of over 20 talented artists. After thousand of hours working on various models and terrain we know them more then anyone else. We also had a lot of experience with 3D modeling, print and resin cast.

4ab71fd58353ba82451b66b65cca4fc5_origina

2656f6e7ca561b27472ec1bf747ed1a5_origina

• Spatial, unique designs
  • Up to 0,0025 cm detail level
  • Best quality resin
  • Perfect for taking your table to next level
  • Created from community ideas

01b84348592e1fcc15b5acc29d388421_origina

3 thematic sets, 3 compelling stories. Unleash your imagination.

Prices on the grey area shows how much you can save from retail prices after Kickstarter.

055aaa5337c81c1c839f002a16450881_origina

c2358e4103e498d081aa0312d9c12746_origina

38a223abac8fc8861056ace6c318d8de_origina

b6bf19771c372bfd3d67329fb2c9ae3a_origina

61744831fa8832b9f6a76070d224344b_origina

1da3632a9082a727c9366de29110e9c3_origina

5854382ae180d92d17d11c55c31e32c2_origina

3f10402139ade4ba7b5023284b1871f3_origina

6e8cf5052c787a255abbb9e209d65b7f_origina

cd877f6edb08775eb9c1b77660c96637_origina

Kickstarter is an amazing way not to just sell the product, but to create it with the community. In this project we want to fully exploit this amazing opportunity.

We would love to hear your ideas on the terrain you would like to have. We will be choosing best ideas from the comments and make a voting on them - then we will create terrain liked the most by the community and add them as a stretch goals!

You are a part of this project and we hope you will help us fulfill mission of creating best terrain available! How far this project will go depends on you.

1330b4f5d5b4c03c8fd96b73114759a5_origina

a96c3ff5a829439a887bc05a16528455_origina

We are expecting to fully ship rewards within 6 month, with the first rewards send after 2-3 months. Those estimations can change depending on the amount of unlocked stretch goals and overall interest.

Quality is our first priority at Awaken Realms. We perfectly understand that to success, we need to provide people who trusted us with great product.

Below you can find some of the comments by backers from our first Kickstarter project - The Edge (we have shipped over 50% of rewards, currently finishing the production). Although it took a little longer then expected, our backers ended up with more components than initially planned.

5ee6d650757dd31355be07aae083f2c1_origina

We will add full effort to ensure your satisfaction as well!

bc20efcbb04b54c2a5d893d8dd71db4f_origina

Shipping prices will be calculated after the Kickstarter, based on the total weight of your order and exact location. It is impossible to do it within Kickstarter, so we will use our pledge manager system after KS.

6bca698577c8d31c3fdda3403d7db294_origina

ee279224dade70be6f4bab93c62bebe6_origina

ed32b4ab92eb0d30082572843388b0d1_origina

Whole process of production - from modeling and 3D print to resin cast will be done by Awaken Realms, to ensure the final quality of every single model. No third party company will be involved in the process.

5c38155713dd5cfda59e453d025d5d4d_origina

Risks and challenges

Biggest risk factor is time of delivery of the rewards. Depending on the final size of the project, there can be maximum few months delay. It must be noted, that whole production process will be done in-house, not relaying on third party companies, which makes planning way easier. We also will give full effort in order to meet the deadlines - but in the end, devotion to quality will be always stronger then to keep the time frame.

(Sorry, folks, took out the animated .gifs.)

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah thats how I started doing it to avoid the problem.. ohthose bases are nice.. don't need the terrain (or bases really.. but.. bases)

It happens when Darsc goes in to edit the post to add the LIVE tag. If YOU edit it back in, it gets rid of the tag, so he'd re-edit it and break the pics again.   Best solution is to post twice in a

As tempting as the bases are, they don't work well for my needs due to size.   The portals are cool and some of the other odds and ends.   I could see the old me getting: Demon Portals (9GBP) T

I like the various gates. I might go in for a pair of gates or maybe a pair from each of two different styles.

I'm also happy they offer a £1 pledge just to get some of the ad-ons. I like the portals, for instance, and perhaps some totems ..

• Like 1

Aw, man, all the pics are broken. They were all there when I logged off last night...

Resin bases and painted sets!
Hey guys! 

Quite a day, we are nearly funded and we got tons of awesome support! Thanks for that ; ) 

But, we are on the mission to create amazing terrain, so better get back to work! 

Painted set 

We just added additional pledge with fully painted chosen set. Miniatures will be painted by Awaken Realms painters to High Quality level at a special price of 120 GBP (including cost of terrain set). Hope you will enjoy that - perhaps we will also create a Painted full terrain set as well as painted bases set if there will be demand for it ; ) 

New stuff - bases 

We have also added new thematic stuff to 3 existing ones - 32mm, 40mm and 60mm bases. Check them out below: 

38a223abac8fc8861056ace6c318d8de_origina
1da3632a9082a727c9366de29110e9c3_origina
6e8cf5052c787a255abbb9e209d65b7f_origina

If you want to add full set, just add 30 GBP to your current pledge. You can also take multiple sets by adding multiplication of 30GBP to your pledge. 

Example: You have now 40 GBP pledge (terrain set) and you want 2 Tesla bases sets. Just add 60 GBP to your set (so total pledge will be 100 GBP). 

Stretch goal

We are dangerously close to reaching our Kickstarter goal, so it is about time to talk a little about streetch goals - we will send another update tomorrow morning talking about that. We have heard all of your voices and want to do something special ; ) 

Here is a little teaser

ee7de62cbba4f9504f13e89fc8489f86_origina

You have more ideas? Share them! Spread the word! Lets make some awesome terrain together! ;) 

• Like 1

Aw, man, all the pics are broken. They were all there when I logged off last night...

It happens when Darsc goes in to edit the post to add the LIVE tag. If YOU edit it back in, it gets rid of the tag, so he'd re-edit it and break the pics again.

Best solution is to post twice in a row - 1st post is main information (name) with the link to the kickstarter, 2nd post has all the pics.

• Like 2

As tempting as the bases are, they don't work well for my needs due to size.

The portals are cool and some of the other odds and ends.

I could see the old me getting:

• Demon Portals (9GBP)
  • Tesla Objective Markers (16GBP)
  • Tesla Portals (9GBP)
  • Crystals Totems (10GBP)
  • Crystals Portals (9GBP)

My restraint is greater currently due to saving my pennies...and 53GBP (~$77) is not saving pennies.

• Like 2

As tempting as the bases are, they don't work well for my needs due to size.

The portals are cool and some of the other odds and ends.

I could see the old me getting:

• Demon Portals (9GBP)
  • Tesla Objective Markers (16GBP)
  • Tesla Portals (9GBP)
  • Crystals Totems (10GBP)
  • Crystals Portals (9GBP)

My restraint is greater currently due to saving my pennies...and 53GBP (~$77) is not saving pennies.

I regret to inform you that they're working on bases in 30, 40, 50, and 120mm sizes due to...*cough* requests.

/WarmaHordes

• Like 2

It happens when Darsc goes in to edit the post to add the LIVE tag. If YOU edit it back in, it gets rid of the tag, so he'd re-edit it and break the pics again.

Best solution is to post twice in a row - 1st post is main information (name) with the link to the kickstarter, 2nd post has all the pics.

Yeah thats how I started doing it to avoid the problem.. ohthose bases are nice.. don't need the terrain (or bases really.. but.. bases)

Yep. I don't know why that happens to some and not others. Best option in the future is to follow Ub3r's suggestion and do as SamuraiJack does and post a link in the first post and the images in a followup post.

• Like 1

Sorry, been slacking. Got all this moving to do...

Update #3

War banner and few other news!

Hey guys! 

We have broke through first stretch goal! Congratulations! From now on, every set of objective markers will include free numbering tokens! 

Time for some news from the AWAKENING! 

Updated pledges 

Upon request we have added weight for each pledge (we will soon add also for bases), so you can easier calculate shipping cost for yourself! 

8 000 GBP stretch goal - war banner 

You have asked for more stretch goals, so here we go! We were frequently asked to create this one, so here you go! 

This is very universal scheme, can go with futuristic battle as well as standard fantasy setting. There is plenty of space for free-hand or the decals. It is also created in a way, that will fit 30, 40 and 50mm bases! 

55f212644659aeb30328fcdb7cf32055_origina

Let us know if you like it! Also - further suggestions more then welcomed.

Hard terrain marker 

With the objective markers and totem we have also prepared a special hard terrain marker. But to be honest, after calculating cost of resin it consumes, we are not sure if this is a product that would interest you. This is why we want to put it under debate! Is this something you would like to purchase?

Cost for one marker would be 13 GBP

388b86948f82a14685951f53f74cc411_origina
Other ideas 

We also want to assure you, that we have taken your feedback regarding all other stuff and we are working on it. It can take a little more time, but we are getting there! Things we are currently working at: 

- Transparent floating crystals 

- LED crystals + LED tokens 

- Few other designs taken out of comments

So keep up the feedback, it is great to hear it! Also, it would be brilliant if you would spread the word about the whole project! 

We have also send A LOT of terrain for review, by the end of the week it will get to the media, so hopefully this will boost things and confirm the quality ;) 

FB discuss group 

We have also created special discuss group on Facebook to encourage discussion on the terrain. It is just easier to do it there, then here on KS page. Please, join and invite people who might be interested! 

Remember, we want to create best terrain out there, so all hands on board! 

a5e869484d80f187dfc4542f6edaad0b_origina

Thanks for your continuous support and lets keep it up! 

Also, this just happened today:

838e4664029b652515fec1e76dbf7049_origina