Sign in to follow this  
dsmiles

Cyanide & Happiness: Joking Hazard

From the creators of Cyanide & Happiness comes a card game where players compete to finish an awful comic strip.

Link.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 3

About this project
50a6ab519e1be2732d7618bb64387f85_origina

f88f95dc1c0f7ee696806dd9e0cc5bc2_origina
56f970af03a8f702419a9dd39a27535b_origina
152074636e1c1a7f02da7a966feb8b39_origina

Unlock 7 out of 10 achievements to finish a level! Finish a level to unlock a stretch goal! Post anything that requires photos or videos to Joking Hazard's Facebook page!
Joking Hazard's Twitter page is here!

7e6ce6a097d082584a5b1be0ba77b24c_origina

9fea5669a3fa19b90370520336374e3e_origina

Someone on the Internet once told us that making stick figure comics is easy as hell, and that we were ugly and stupid.

They were right on all counts. So, after crying for a few hours, we created the Random Comic Generator (and free iPhone app!), which since its inception in 2014 has entertained millions with its computer-generated comedy.

After a few weeks of playing with the Random Comic Generator, we started to wonder if its hundreds of random panels might lend themselves to a card game, where you compete against your friends to finish a comic with a funny punchline. So we printed out all of the RCG panels and started playing with them.

Well, it worked. It worked really, really well (with a few tweaks).

And now we think our game, Joking Hazard, is ready to bring to the world. With your help, of course.

085fa3a15dc116e959913118a58cd60a_origina
a5666c68e2a65d96b9333a9a5b4c11a5_origina
6c1b4bf2ec238878dea8be507468b833_origina

The game itself includes a deck of 250 unique panel cards (we did the math, and that’s 15.4 million combinations of comics) most of which are so messed up we can’t show them on Kickstarter without censoring them. And we’re against censorship, so instead we’ll censor the word “deck†itself.

For $25 you will get a single d*ck. Brand new and wrapped in plastic.

For $35, we'll also add in a 50 card booster pack, called "Blast From The Past", for your d*ck. It includes all your favorite jokes, especially ones about World War 2.

Feel like pledging $60? Congrats, you are now the proud owner of two d*cks and two copies of the Blast From The Past booster pack! Hoard them for yourself, or share a d*ck with a friend. That’s Christmas taken care of!

Want to spend more than $60? Check out the list of reward tiers to the right. We’ll do all kinds of things with your d*ck. Not only that, but if the community helps us unlock the achievements below, everyone's d*ck will become bigger.

Risks and challenges

On our first Kickstarter (The Cyanide & Happiness Show Season 1) the biggest issue we had was over-merchandising the rewards, which created a lot of headache and delays in getting the items physically produced. Making thousands of t-shirts is a nightmare we would not wish upon our worst enemy. So this time we're keeping it simple, and giving people exactly what they're supporting: the game itself.

*Note: Extra shipping charges may apply to certain countries.

• Like 1

I'd not heard of this game before. It's got a bit of a CAH vibe going on. Sounds like it would be fun to play with the right group, but I could see the gameplay getting a bit samey after a while.

• Like 1

I'd not heard of this game before. It's got a bit of a CAH vibe going on. Sounds like it would be fun to play with the right group, but I could see the gameplay getting a bit samey after a while.

This is my hesitation. 

The biggest weakness to CAH is turns where you only play one card, which leads to "best shock value wins".  After you've seen all the cards, this dissipates and is no longer fun.

The biggest strength of CAH is turns where you play and combine multiple cards without shock value, in ways where the final effect is greater than the individual cards used.  To be perfectly honest these are the only turns I enjoy and I always horde card combinations for this specific purpose.

With this game, I would definitely prefer to play it with a large hand size and players picking all three panels from their hand.  Let the players get their creative juices flowing and come up with their own crazy combinations.  Otherwise I see this game falling into the same trap.

• Like 1