TheOldGuard

Citadel Miniatures Dungeons & Dragons Starter Sets - Pic Heavy

I followed your WIP.

They turned out great! Very cool to see how these classic minis get some love.

The Toad is very lifelike.

I love the fish shield on the Sea elf

The Gnoll and Bugbear look very natural too.

The sorcerer is amazing

Great Skeleton.

Oh well...I love them all!!!

• Like 1

I followed your WIP.

They turned out great! Very cool to see how these classic minis get some love.

The Toad is very lifelike.

I love the fish shield on the Sea elf

The Gnoll and Bugbear look very natural too.

The sorcerer is amazing

Great Skeleton.

Oh well...I love them all!!!

Many thanks Herman! I wanted the fish image on the shield to be more swirly & organic but there just wasn't enough room - I'm happy with it though.

• Like 1

Wow everything looks really good. I really like the adventurer in blue, incredibly detailed paint job. Also like what you did with the cultist/cleric adventurer. Even the chest has incredible highlights. That toad looks incredibly realistic.

• Like 1

You did a great job!  Talk about classic and cool.  I'll have to keep an eye out for these classics - somehow.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By haldir
      So browsing MM for their BF sale & I come across this from Citadel/GW

All the title says is Citadel Colour Spray Stick & there is no description, other then

Manf: Games Workshop
      Contents:
      1 Spray Stick
      1 Detachable Handle
      50 Elastic Bands

Instantly I thought it was rubber band shooter, but it got me to look at GW's website to see what purpose this actually does: 

Ie something I can accomplish with double stick tape & a piece of cardboard......sigh.
    • By Pochi
      I painted an eyebeast for the D&D Painting class I was teaching One of the techniques we were working on was blending so I wanted to make sure that I chose colors that the techniques would show well hence the bright green and pink. The class was fun and everyone's eyebeasts turned out great!

• By Tolex Cat
      For a recent D&D session, the DM said he needed skellies so I knocked these out in about 90 mins.

I did go back after the session and fixed a little highlighting but all in all I was pretty happy with how they turned out for a quick paint up. Since bones absorb colors from the minerals around them, I wanted to go less bleached and more unhallowed, greasy, dirty look. So I stuck to the darker bone colors and used the sepia wash. I must have a thing for owlbears since I enjoy painting them and really loved the skeleton. 
    • By Thrym
      Hellborn Troll
      from WizKids' Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures

I stopped at AC Moore today and picked up one of the FolkArt Pickling Washes I didn't have while my wife was shopping for school play costume materials.  Nearby I found FolkArt Ultra Dyes and picked up two colors to check out; Purple Rain and Pucker Up (a yellow).

I have enjoyed using the Glass Enamels with the long cure time before and thought these might work similarly.   I decided to wash my troll with the Purple Rain to see how it comes out and goes on.

It's fairly thick out of the bottle but I might not have shaken it enough.  It was taking forever to dry so I hit it with some Testors Dullcote to speed the process and reduce the shine.  It's glossy like inks.

Next, I used Reaper Blood Red to give him the Hellborn look I wanted.

Then I pulled out Reaper Violet Shadow to get his hair, teeth and claws darkened.

I then went back over the boney bits with the FolkArt Ultra Dye.  It'll put the glossy touch to the claws and teeth.

I am quite happy with him so far.  

Stay tuned and Enjoy!
    • By vutpakdi
      Traveling Encounters volume 1
      Compelling 5th Edition Challenges For CR1 to CR5

This small project is to fund a collection of little encounters that can be dropped into an existing adventure for low level adventurers.  I backed his previous project for alternate character backgrounds, and he delivered the PDFs early.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)