Pochi

Secret Sophie for Fealron

Rust effect is awesome! How'd you do that?

The shiny ice is also really great. I love all three of these.

• Like 2

Rust effect is awesome! How'd you do that?

The shiny ice is also really great. I love all three of these.

After doing the metal on the axe and rim of the shield, I took my crappiest old dry brush, dipped the end in bright orange paint, blotted most of it off on a paper towel and then dabbed on where I wanted rust. I had no idea whether it was going to work and thought I could quickly wipe it off and/or paint over it but I ended up liking it. So there you have it, crappy dry brush, a paper towel and bright orange paint!

And thanks!

Edited by Pochi
  • Like 3

They look Super!

Nice job using the grub for the larval Ankheg!

I would never have thought of that!

George

• Like 1

I think you're fibbing on the brush and bright orange.

What I suspect you did is to make a miniature axehead of wrought iron, then leave it to soak for days in baths of high and low Ph, then left it outside for a while to 'mature'.

Probably didn't take you more than a few years...

Because, there's no way to paint rust as well as that!

;-)

• Like 4

I think you're fibbing on the brush and bright orange.

What I suspect you did is to make a miniature axehead of wrought iron, then leave it to soak for days in baths of high and low Ph, then left it outside for a while to 'mature'.

Probably didn't take you more than a few years...

Because, there's no way to paint rust as well as that!

;-)

Definitely more plausible.

• Like 1

I have to say that pictures really don't do these justice.

The Grub is awesome looking and my wife who isn't into the hobby thinks its really nice and her favorite out of the three. I love the bugbear, especially the rust and other little details but the grub stands out as something truly different from anything I have or would think of painting.

Thanks again!  

• Like 3