Sign in to follow this  
CoolAliasHere

03433 - Corim the Kestrel, Gnome Sorcerer

Zed, the Gnome Bard Extraordinaire!  He has the gift of gab,and a quick wit!  If he can't talk his way out of trouble, a quick illusion or two, and POOF! he's gone like the wind!

This was my first real attempt at OSL.  Overall, I think it came out pretty good.  Obviously I have some work to do on getting right.  However, when I sent the WIP pick to my buddy I was painting it for, he flipped!  He thought it was amazing, so I decided to call it.  In the picture, I can see where I may have lightened it a little too much.  I am still happy with the way he turned out, being my first real attempt at something like this.  I hope you enjoy him as much as I did painting him!

I give you, Corim Kestrel as ZED THE EXTRAORDINAIRE!!

post-7013-0-61610200-1455458878_thumb.jpg  post-7013-0-05291800-1455458888_thumb.jpg

And as always, CC is welcomed and appreciated!

CAH

• Like 15

You already have a really nice mini there. Just take a little time to go back and take the osl down a knotch and he will really rock.

Yeah.  I actually ordered another one to paint up as well.  I am going to try to learn from my mistakes.  In addition, I have been reading up on OSL techniques from Reaper Forums, and a few other places.  I know where I went wrong, and I hope to get better at it! 

CAH

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      I recently started a project to go through the Bones 1 KS models I have in order from a printout of the Rewards pictures.
      Here is the first project: Cassie, Gnome Wizard.  There are some great examples of her out there.  I knew I wanted a purple-haired gnome, and just went from there.
      The most aggravating part of this miniature was the cloak.  I wasn't planning on spending so much time on these figures, but I tried a freehand Raindrop pattern, and it took a long time.

Link to WIP

Enjoy.
      C&C Welcome.

-Darc
    • By Darcstaar
      I have begun the best thing I can think of for myself to get through my Bones I stockpile.  I went to the Kickstarter page, took screenshots of the reward pictures, and am using it as a checklist.  I’ll be shooting for tabletop+.

First up is Cassie, gnome wizard.

Mold lines addressed, cleaned, and on a rudimentary base.

Primed with Brown Liner.
      Flesh tone base is Rosy Shadow.

Then working on eyes.
      Nightshade Purple and Linen White so far.
      And that’s all I got done today.

• By HolkDiggity
      Fun with OSL! I normally don't take dark photos because I like to see the work, and sometimes dark photos just look like a blob of color to me. I wanted to included them here, though, because when lit like this, you can really see the contrast that I tried to convey in this model. I've been working on all kinds of stuff lately, and contrast is the glue that binds all of those skills together.

• By HolkDiggity
      I wish my phone camera could get better photos of this mini, but the contrast is so wide that it just doesn't want to cooperate. I wanted to practice some OSL, and I chose violet. I also wanted to try building a different kind of base, and the wraith seemed like it would look at home in a bog. I think the back turned out better than the front. I may go back and deepen some of the front shadows at some point.

Tips on OSL and other things are welcome!

• Who's Online   35 Members, 0 Anonymous, 80 Guests (See full list)