Skrill

Naiads Heartpiercers unit (Kings of War)

Hi,

After a bit of a painting break, I resumed my effort in getting my Forces of Natures army for Kings of War painted.
I present here the Naiads Heartpiercers.
This is a small unit of armour-clad, harpoon-gun-toting, water creatures.

The paint job is a typical table-top army quality, but I did spend a bit more time on making the base more interesting to fit with the rest of my Forces of Nature Army.

Also, I found that the name "Heartpiercer" fits pretty well with the whole Valentines things going on today. So it is a good day to post those:

post-13800-0-40825600-1455468548_thumb.jpg

post-13800-0-93714900-1455468548.jpgpost-13800-0-85943300-1455468547.jpg

C&C always appreciated

• Like 19

What a great unit, I really like the base and the use of fish plants if I am not mistaken. Are the models removable from the base or are the integral to it?

What a great unit, I really like the base and the use of fish plants if I am not mistaken. Are the models removable from the base or are the integral to it?

Thanks.

Yes, those are aquarium-type plants that I darkened a bit to fit with the colour scheme.

The models are integral to the base. In Kings Of War's rule, you consider units as a whole and you don't have to remove individual models on wounds. So this allows you to have fun with minis placement and use of the base size.

(Normally, a 10x4cm base like that would fit 10 models, but you can put less and have fun with the extra space. It is still fully a playable unit as long as the unit footprint is correct).

• Like 2

Very nicely done!

What did you use for water?

I used Sculpey to make a little pond, and then poured woodland scenics "realistic water". (It is a resin that cures crystal clear).

• Like 1