• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GodOfCheese
      Awesome random encounter, paraphrased:

DM describes a green, toad-like beastie.  It--
      Me: "Is that a GREEN SLAAD?"
      DM: "Well, roll a Knowledge: the Planes..."
      Me: "No, no, I mean does it look like THIS?" [reveals recently-painted Green Slaad]
      The Rogue: "Isn't this like a miniature painter's dream?  Having just the right mini for a completely random encounter?"
      Me: HUGE HAPPY SMILE.

• By GodOfCheese
      I'm painting a mini with a light source, and decided to rebase the beastie with some water effects, probably epoxy resin.  I'll probably try to make the water at least slightly rough, creating interest for the eye.  I woke up in a cold sweat this morning realizing that the light source should be reflected (or possibly just highlighted) in/on the water. 

My initial thought was to:
      lightly (heh) color the bottom of the pool as if it were dry and lit by the light source pour and texture the water highlight the water by drybrushing from the light source out.  
      My concern about this is that if the viewer looks toward the light, the surfaces of any wavelets will be highlighted on the opposite side from the POV.  In other words, the viewer will see the undersides or backsides of any highlights through the translucent wavelets, and this might not look the way the viewer expects.

Has anyone done this?  I looked around for a few examples but although there are plenty of doing wave effects (froth and foam), I haven't found any yet that look like translucent glare.  
    • By Glitterwolf
      This is a great realistic sculpt of a Komodo Dragon, sculpted by our own @TaleSpinner.
      I included it in my Lost World Project WIP here:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=150&tab=comments#comment-1836397

I used UV Resin Gel from Greenstuffworld to create the water ( my first try for deeper and clear water), made the base with Vallejo Desert Sand Paste, Cork and some milliput.
      Added some fish and seacucumbers/seaweed from Procreate and Milliput, one fish is from Mastercrafted Miniatures and the other two were made with the UV Gel and a Tinyworld Mold.

The Komodo Dragon is an awesome sculpt, it paints itself!
      I looked at reference pics of the real thing.

Enjoy.

• By Metalchaos
      Translucent blue 77310, Water Weird, Dark Heaven Bones sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.          
    • By Skrill
      To change from fantasy, I wanted to do a quick paint of a Chronoscope mini in Bones. According to the store, it is "Frank Buck, Adventurer".
      I like the sculpt and its likeness to a very famous archaeologist / adventurer in the movies.

My goal was a quick & simple paint job and nothing fancy for the base.
      The problem was that the mini was badly bent at the ankles making it lean forward a lot and no boiling/cooling was able to fix it.
      So, I still had to re-base it, and got a bit carried away in the re-basing process which yield to this mini vignette: "Heading into the Jungle"

The tree and base texture was made with Scupley and lichen.
      The car is a Tamiya model kit of a Russian field car.
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)