Sign in to follow this  
WulfsheadeMiniatures

15mm Alien sculpt for future range

Here's a 15mm alien sculpt I'm working on.

This is just a primary sculpt, I'll cut it into parts and have castings made so I can make different poses instead of having to sculpt the same thing over and over.

It was inspired by the Prometheans from the Halo game series.

There will be several head, arm and weapon options. I'm currently sculpting parts for a "leader or priest" model (carrying some kind of staff or symbol office).

The last picture has it next to one of Clearhorizon's 15mm Helldiver models for scale.

post-14816-0-03039200-1455569280_thumb.jpg

post-14816-0-42720900-1455569291_thumb.jpg

post-14816-0-46016100-1455569304_thumb.jpg

post-14816-0-87938500-1455569316_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Did some more work on these guys over the week.

I made an alternate head, staff weapon, dual las-cannons and missile launcher. The missile launcher is 2 pods, one on each side.

I'll probably make a few more optional heads. I also need to come up with some more weapon ideas as well.

post-14816-0-34579200-1457319657.jpg

post-14816-0-94408500-1457319664.jpg

post-14816-0-89788100-1457319670.jpg

post-14816-0-69897600-1457319676.jpg

post-14816-0-49064200-1457319682.jpg

post-14816-0-58016600-1457319689.jpg

post-14816-0-90384500-1457319694.jpg

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetman!
      Story
      Welcome to the Splintered Light Miniatures 15mm Return to the Black Root Forest Kickstarter Campaign.  For many years, renowned sculptor Ben Siens has added great sculpts to our line of fantasy figures.  A year ago, we ran a successful campaign adding beastmen and treemen into our range of miniatures.  Over the past year, Siens has sculpted more wonderful figures for us and we decided to offer them to you via a second Kickstarter.
          Our primary goal for this campaign is getting the funds needed for the production molds and initial castings.  Our hope is that as we get the funding for production molds, we can also keep Ben sculpting new figures for future lines.  We need you help to get this done so please pledge today!
        Our plan is to have 11 new codes but we will also be offering these along with the entire range of Ben Siens sculpted figures.

There's only 4 days left in the campaign, so if you want some well-made 15mm goodness...
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/splinteredlightminis/return-to-the-blackroot-forest/description

• By knarthex
      So as hinted in my US Armored Company thread, here's the beginning of @Glitterwolf's Dragoons!

Some work on the Dutch tonight, PTRLs and C&Vs Had a problem with the wash I put on them last night, so had to re do the base coat. Tried a different wash, seen on one of the C&Vs, so need to try something else... Thanks for looking! SGT G   link to my US force

• By knarthex
      So at Reapercon 2018, I scored the Duskwarden poster of Thregan Helmsplitter for my work at the auction, and of course, being the Duskwarden*, I have a couple of the minis as well.

So I was thinking of using him as my next PC, but as I have hair, I wanted my mini to also...
      While working on another project with GS, as usual, I made to much, and decided to bite the bullet and do his hair...
      What do you think?

Comments appreciated!

George

Doesn't Jacob Knochengard look like me???
    • By BLZeebub
      Couple reaper samurai I used for a commissioned diorama.  Rock is pine bark, tree is a wire armiture covered with plumber's epoxy putty and paper towel and super glue (for the skinnier parts), foliage is bleached, dyed, and preserved reindeer moss.

• By Rat13
      Having just started a 45 figure batch paint of guardsmen, I decided a side project may be in order. Just a little something I could fiddle with off and on to disrupt the monotony and I knew just the project. 

About a year ago, after I finished my first commissar,  I thought it would be a good idea to paint all my commissars differently. That way I could tell all of my HQs or elites apart, but wouldn't you know it after a couple games I realized it was completely unnecessary. Having already started down that path however I decided to press on.

Within about the first week of pondering different color schemes I had a great idea. Unfortunately I lacked the skills and hobby confidence to attempt it. This past year I've managed to learn quite a bit though, especially about sculpting/working with greenstuff. So I think it's time to attempt a Hulk Hogan commissar.
      First up was locating a good reference photo for both his moustache and boa (see above).

As the moustache was the trickier of the two I decided to start there. In a twist of fate getting a good texture was the easy part, but getting the proper size wasn't. After some back and forth I finally got the size correct. Then it was just a simple matter of using a pin and a toothpick to achieve a hair like texture. 
      This is what you get zooming in, but at a regular viewing distance I think it looks good. 

Next came the boa. Try as I might I couldn't get a good feathery texture going. I could get a good amorphous blob/coral like texture though. Much like the moustache it'll fail upon close inspection but I think with a good paintjob it'll hold up just fine.  

See I told you that moustache is passable with some distance.

Now it's just a matter of letting everything dry before priming. I guess it's a good thing we have holiday commitments for the next couple days.

As with any greenstuff project you always end up with some leftovers. After adding a skull to the Hulkster's base I thought I'd share the wealth with a few random models from my desk.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)