Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Holy wow! I actually worked on something!

Other then cleaning up some minis of loose flash (for the melt bag) I finally worked on something for rpg/miniatures today!

Glued up the 3 sets of HA stalagmites sets I got. I really like the look of those. They won't be my last foray into HA. Hopefully someday I'd like to get into casting but for now baby steps.

Fells good just to actually work on something finally! Hoping these will kickstart my hobby desires again. I've been in such a long slump. Really needed this!

• Like 15

Heh. I just this weekend finished my first figure in a really, really long time. It'd been months since I'd actually finished a project.

• Like 3

Welcome to the hobby! It's fun but time consuming. I usually find myself either doing HA stuff or painting minis, but not both at the same time. I finished packing the minis I just finished (Dungeon Saga Heroes/Undead/Goblinoids), along with almost all my other minis in preparation for relocating them. Which is good, because I need to get back to some HA projects that I've been neglecting.

I'd offer to do some casting for you so you can try out pieces from a few of the molds, but I suspect the shipping costs would get outrageous unless I took it across the border to send it, and honestly, I'm not sure they'd let me go across the border with a box full of hobby stuff... :lol: But if you have someone in Canuckistan who can accept a package for you or if you happen to find yourself in the area, and you want a few batches for a project, let me know. ::):  (I've got something like 40 of his molds... :blush: )

Well it was these or the new Stalagmites from Reaper. I've been wanting to try HA so that totally swung my vote for em. They'll be for my RCon game of Crown of the Kobold King. Hoping that Frontline gets the Stone terrain out for retail soon if not I may try my hand at the floor tiles (casted of course). I like my Flipmap from Paizo but want my scenes & such to be more interactive & attractive this time around. Heck I may even pay for a extra bag this year just for rpg extras or ship down a box.

Thanks for the offer but I'll prob stick with the guy that I got the stalagmites from. His prices were/are reasonable & I like the quality of the product.

Hoping to get em painted tomorrow. I was gonna do it yesterday but gotta love sleeping most of the day away...ugh. Day off tomorrow so I'll have some time. I'll try & do a WiP but I'm terrible at those but we'll see.

• Like 2

Randy, as Head of House, I think we need to talk about your productivity...

Edited by Qwyksilver
  • Like 3

Randy, as Head of House, I think we need to talk about your productivity...

Anymore these days my photo could be the house logo.....

procrastius is the only house where being productive is frowned upon.  remember that being productive at one thing means something else is being pushed off.

• Like 1

I have been far too productive in my Secret Sophie, but it's still late. I have put off cleaning my house to work on it. This has caused much suffering...

Some of the kids' clothes have gone... missing... :unsure:

I highly recommend sticking your head in the sand about things needing doing around you in order to focus on your project, but make absolutely certain your project:

1) Is a bit overboard, then take it a few steps further...

2) Requires you to learn/try new techniques that are time consuming...

3) Are not to precise standards the first (or second) time through and require you to start completely over...

4) Require you to clean your painting area at least once per week, "robbing" you of valuable painting time...

5) Plan elaborate meals several times per week, so by the time you're done it's too late to paint.

These processes will ensure you procrastinate and delay completion.

• Like 3