Sign in to follow this  
Mad Jack

Little Guindyloo Who

She's a little more terrifying (than cute) now that I see her fully painted.  And the facehugger's more apparent with color too.  Great work Jack

• Like 3

Since somebody's probably going to end up asking...

The "skin" was base-coated black primer and then painted with Nightmare Black, and highlighted with several mixes of a tiny bit of NB and Factory White, and finally a couple tiny spots of a 50/50 mix of FW and Pearl White.

The nightgown was base-coated in Cactus Flower, washed and lined with Red Liner, and then highlighted with 50/50 CF and Breast Cancer Awareness Pink, then a few spots of pure BCAP.

The bows and ornament are Clear Red, highlighted with a 50/50 mix of CR and Buckskin Pale and then the bright spot was Factory White again.

The floor was a mix of old Delta Ceramcoat Quaker Grey and a bit of Grey Liner, and lined with the GL as well.

• Like 5

Awesome! You know you've accomplished the task, when I didn't even have to read the explanation, it just screams a lil who, from a far distant planet of whoville. Great job

• Like 4

Guindy loves this so extremely much. It's adorable and wonderful and perfect.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Sorry, everyone else, but Jack is now my favourite person ever.  ::P:

• Like 17

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Guindyloo
      So depending on how much you pay attention to memes, you may be aware of one very popular one called "Somebody toucha my spaghet!" I couldn't tell you why that's what popped into my head back in October when @ladystorm first posted about her contest, but I tend to just accept that my brain comes up with really dumb ideas and just have fun with it. 

So, I present to you: Somebody toucha my spaghyeti!

I had a TON of fun painting this guy! The kid (who toucha his spaghyeti) came from 03233: Townsfolk X: Children, sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I modified the stick in his hand into a fork with greenstuff. The yeti, of course, is 77434: Yeti Chieftan, sculpted by Jason Wiebe. I sculpted the bowl of spaghetti with Sculpey.
      I hope y'all like him! 
    • By Guindyloo
      I finished up this lovely lady last night. She was wonderfully sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. I really enjoyed the details on her and she was a lot of fun to paint. 
      I always mean to paint a Halloween figure before Halloween but am usually too busy to actually manage it. I got this figure while at Reapercon though and decided it was meant to be, so I put aside a couple of other things to make time for her. 

I had a lot of technical issues with her due to my clumsiness - I dropped her THREE times which resulted in extensive repair work and having to reattach her to the pumpkin each time.  There’s no indentation or any other indication for how she’s meant to be attached to the pumpkin and assembly is not my strong suit so I struggled a bit with that part. The way I have her attached leaves her foot hanging past the base by a good bit so I’ll need to build the base up on a little bit of cork, but she looked the most correct to me this way. (She is currently still sitting on top of foam tape and the craft paint bottle that I used as a holder, I just painted them black for pictures.)

I was asked over on facebook how I painted the wings, so I’ll copy that info over here as well:
      I basecoated with MSP Black Indigo. (That’s one of this year’s Reapercon swag bag paints. I think Nightmare Black would probably be fine to use in its place.) Then I layered up using paints from Nocturna’s Imperial Purple Set. They’re Vallejo paints made for Nocturna and I highly recommend both that set and the Crimson Red set. Both sets come with little painting guides and the purple one walks you through how to do both cold purples and warm purples. I went in the warm purple direction starting from the darkest colours and layering up to the lightest. So Imperial Purple > Purple Hex > Amethyst > Witch Purple > Lipstick. 
      Then I glazed over everything with MSP Gothic Crimson which was also a LE Reapercon paint, I think from the 2016 swag bag. (I can’t think of a replacement for that off of the top of my head but it’s a wine-maroon colour.) Then in the areas that I wanted to darken, like the transitions going back into the shadows and the backs of the wings, I glazed with the Black Indigo.

• By Guindyloo
      I have a very large collection of Kingdom Death models. I think they're absolutely gorgeous and they are generally in an art style that I adore. Unfortunately, though I've continued buying them, I have not painted a single one. It's been a combination of fear of assembling them (they're notoriously fiddly - this model was in 8 pieces) and a fear of painting them because they're such beautiful figures and they're expensive as well, so there's added pressure tacked onto messing them up.
      So I decided that it was time to face my fears and get one painted. Since this particular figure is one that I have accidentally purchased 3 times (if you've never bought figures from the Kingdom Death shop before - they are put out in small batches that often sell out within minutes, so to get everything that you want, it's unfortunately very easy to accidentally re-purchase things you've gotten before because you don't have time to check) I figured it wouldn't be the end of the world if I messed her up.

I've been working on her for a few days now. First of all, it took me 3 evenings to get her prepped and assembled. The first night, I clipped her from the sprue and worked on cleaning up mold lines (which I didn't do a fantastic job of and is really something that I have got to work on improving) the second night, I had to make a store run to buy plastic cement. This was my first hard plastic figure and I have heard countless times that it's best to use the plastic cement for them rather than superglue, but I didn't have any. Unfortunately, assembly didn't go well and I quit halfway through out of frustration. I thought that the difference between the Testors red label tube plastic cement and the Testors red label square bottle with the applicator was just that one had an applicator and one did not. Turns out the square bottle is liquid and the tube one is gel and the gel one sets up faster and was therefore easier for me to use. So I was able to finish assembly on the third night. Unfortunately, I had melted the plastic in some places and left gaps, so I had to do some repair work with some Bondic. If you're not familiar with Bondic, it is a liquid plastic in a tube that cures with a little UV light. It's great for quick and dirty gap filling. It probably wasn't the best thing for this particular application, if I'm being honest, because all it does is gap fill flat without any sort of texture buildup. I probably should have used some greenstuff, but I hate messing with greenstuff.
      So there are problem spots on her where there's some weird texture and it kinda just is what it is at this point and I'm ok with that.

The following 2 nights were spent "priming" her with Brown Liner (spray primer is not an option for me and brush on primer was not sticking to her) and then I started in on her skin, painted her eyes (they are TINY and also half closed,) her tongue and her hair. The skin still needs some touch up here and there but this is the absolute happiest I have ever been with a skintone I've painted. It was a lot of very, very sloooooow layering working back and forth between shades with paint that was thinned nearly to a glaze consistency and then smoothed over with a glaze of the midtone.

Her skin is varying mixes between MSP Chestnut Brown, MSP Golden Shadow, MSP Golden Skin, and working all the way up to MSP Golden Highlight. The pictures are washing out the highlights a bit.
      Her eyes were done with Warcolours One Coat Beige, Warcolours One Coat Blue, and Warcolours One Coat Black.
      Her tongue was a basecoat of MSP Rusty Red, then some MSP Blush Pink added in, then some Golden Skin mixed in for the highlight.
      Her hair was a basecoat of Warcolours Turquoise 3, then shaded with Warcolours Marine 4, then highlighted with Warcolours Turquoise 2, MSP Spectral Glow, and a final touch of MSP Spectral Glow with a bit of MSP Ghost White mixed in.
    • By Guindyloo
      Hi, friends! In continuing with our plan to catch up with painting the Dungeon Dwellers as a joint WIP together as they come out, can I interest you in some Baran Blacktree?

Buglips and I will be painting him in our usual fashion, but if you haven't already, make sure that you check out Rhonda Bender's awesome PDF painting guide for him here: Dungeon Dwellers

Y'all probably know by now how these go, but if not, check out our Thanis the Bonecaller thread where it all began and that'll give you links to all of the other joint WIP threads we've done. 

• By Guindyloo
      Hi friends! We have another project to share with you in our continuing series where Buglips and I paint the same figure using our own very different from each other approaches to miniature painting. If you're not familiar with this series, you can check out our previous topics:
      03100: Thanis the Bonecaller
      01614: Con Crud 2017 Convention Zombie
      02818: Bugbear Warrior

For this project, we decided to paint Scorpius Rex Dracus, which is an older figure in the back catalog of Reaper - just look at the number! 02017! He's one of the OG's of the Reaper catalog! Our usual method for picking a figure is generally that one of us already owns it and suggests it and then the other of us goes and orders it. However, for Scorpius Rex Dracus, we actually both already owned him because he's a really neat figure with a lot of personality.

I know a lot of people are a bit intimidated by the thought of painting dragons, but I promise they're a lot of fun and this guy would actually be a great starter dragon, as he's on the smaller side. I didn't have a Sir Forscale, but here he is next to Queen Illeosa of Korvosa to give you an idea of his size.

So you can see, he's a far less intimidating size than the dragons you see in Bones. (Spoiler alert, I'm going to assemble him a little later. )

But for now, here he is straight out of the blister:

As we've done with our previous WIP posts, I will be tackling this guy with my method of painting for display and I'll do my best to take y'all through all of the steps that I go through from start to finish and share my thoughts with you as I go along.

As always, please feel free to comment or ask questions - I'm always glad to help out in whatever way I can along the way. I'll try not to take too many blurry pictures....but no promises. 

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)