• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, since I was procrastinating on making my base for Rasia I decided to start prepping some more figures to paint.     After see 72Moonglum paint up some old partha's I decided to work on another o

Tonight I decided to finish up the eyes on these guys.  Decided to keep the same eye color on them all, green.  I also gave the skin a lining wash.   Here is the RP Elf eyes all a green:   Next

Added a bit more highlighting to the shirt.  Then I mixed up the pants colors.  Basically took the base coat and gradually added in maggot white with 4 layers of highlight.  Then I shadowed in the pan

Posted Images

It's like taking a course in Elf Evolution 101, with the Elven equivelents of Neandrathal, Cro-Magnon, and modern day Elves. :)

While not my thoughts exactly, it was the general idea.  Though, the eyes got smaller as they got younger?

good choice of figures and love the beginning base coat, nice and light and elfy.

Thanks, your work inspired to finally break out the older two.  Yep, I thought lighter skin tone for these minis would nice.

Nice selection, the Chainmail one is very interesting looking.

Indeed,  that was one of the reasons I got it back in the day.  Well that and they were on sale at my LGS.  I have several Chainmail figures: Several centaurs, a drow, a couple more elves, and a Minotaur.  I had though back last year to make a WIP of all my minotaur mini's and call it "STAMPEDE"  Maybe someday.

This will be a great WIP! So many ways to go on these selections!

Thanks.  I'm thinking springtime colors.  Mostly because I wanted to try out my SC 75 greens.  Though I was thinking of giving them some crazy hair colors.

Cool minis all.

Indeed.  The RP has a weapon swap with a space marine knife.  I didn't like the look the knife of the original.

• Like 5

All I managed to get accomplished on this group was the whites of their eyes.  Other's have recomened brown liner to line the eyes.  With a darker skin tone I might typically agree.  But I feel it looks to dark for my taste.  So I decided to line the eyes with a mix of RMS Bloodstain Red and their original skin color.  So far it look OK to me.

post-12625-0-75156900-1455939327.jpg

post-12625-0-81130200-1455939314.jpg

post-12625-0-09716600-1455939305.jpg

• Like 13

Tonight I decided to finish up the eyes on these guys.  Decided to keep the same eye color on them all, green.  I also gave the skin a lining wash.

Here is the RP Elf eyes all a green:

post-12625-0-86644600-1456016239.jpg

Next up we have the chainmail elf eyeing her target:

post-12625-0-95215900-1456016225.jpg

Finally we have the reaper elf.  She has a bow to be assembled later.  So I painted up her eyes.  Then I couldn't stop myself so I painted up her face.  Guess she is kinda miffed that she doesn't have her bow.  Someday I think I need to research 2d art on painting facial expressions to try enhance existing expressions.

post-12625-0-27328800-1456016214.jpg

• Like 19

They're looking great and good call on not using a darker color on the eyes. I think the brown liner would have been too dark.

Thanks

I love how you start to get lifelike results early in these WIPs with the simplest of steps. Well, and the eyes, of course, which are not simple at all but bring the characters alive.

Thanks, I like to start with the face for just that reason.  Eyes are getting easier.  Note: easier, not easy (-5 is warmer than -10 but still not warm to me)

Agreed with Pingo, small steps can have a big impact. Looking forward to this WIP progressing!

Hope I don't disappoint.  More to follow.  Not much time to paint the last 2 days.  I did managed to squeeze in some time tonight.  Face and skin on the other 2 are finished.  Photo's to follow in a bit.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.