• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Life happened and I found myself taking little time to paint.  Work is commencing on Rasia's base, no photos so no need to post and update in her thread.  Here however, I have made small progress with the RP Elf.  Progress with slow down more once I have my exchange mini prepped and planned.  Cloak still needs a little more blending.  But I think I got the highlight and shadows set.

But for now here is where I am with the RP Elf:

post-12625-0-89540200-1456623661.jpg

• Like 12

These are coming out beautifully!

Thanks, you are the inspiration for me to break out a RP to paint up.  Hope I do you proud.

On a progress note.  I painted up the shirt and boots in using mainly Foundry Drab triad.  I brought the shadows down a bit further with a mix of the shadow Drab with some RMS Wood Stain Brown.  Looking at the photo I need to bring up a few more spots on the shirt and deepen the shadows in a few spots on the boots.

Here is tonight's progress:

post-12625-0-92836300-1456882346.jpg

• Like 13

After a quick bit on the Google hangouts I'm calling the RP Elf done.  Now on to the base.  I plan to base him on a sculpted rock base I made up practicing for another mini.  

Here are some shots of the Elf:

post-12625-0-61086700-1466135509.jpg

post-12625-0-26136200-1466135510.jpg

post-12625-0-91864800-1466135510.jpg

And here is a shot of just the sculpted rock that I need to begin adding too.

post-12625-0-46312100-1466135511.jpg

• Like 14

No updates today.  Just did some gluing down of grit on the base.

Yeah this is absolutely beautiful! Love the eyes and I really love how utterly soft his boots look!

Your metal too is so nice, I really am blown away by the shiny reflection on his belt dagger.

Thanks, I was surprised myself how well the dagger turned out as well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cursed13
      Most of these aren't up to date and I've changed bits of them here and there since these, I'll be saving those shots for the finished product, but hopefully you enjoy the journey.

• By Krassling
      This is the mounted knight Lucardus von Kemet. Back in the 90s a product of FanPro and nowadays casted by Ral Partha.
      My Kids used this model a lot, so I decided to Paint this next.

His Mount seemed to be a little small and didnt fit to a grandmaster of a Order of knights. So I Made a Base which should impose a little Hill on the battlefield.

• By 72moonglum
      Good morning Reaperniks!

So I've had this mini painted already about a week, but here in Omaha, it's been mostly kind of cloudy and rainy, so wasn't able to get a decent picture until this morning.

This is Merlyon the Sorcerer, formerly of Thunderbolt Mountain and now being released by Ral Partha Legacy. Pretty fun figure to paint, and it's more akin to that 25 mm of yore:

I still have a few more from this range I want to get around to painting. This one also had the eyeholes poked into the eyes, but they worked out this time pretty simply.
      Eyeholes in the owl too!

Anyhoos, please enjoy responsibly!

• By Rickdraco
      I saw the Rocky miniatures, and with how cute they are I could not resist getting one to use as a dragon to send against my players. As such, here is my take on the Flying Rocky, as a juvenile Red Dragon!

Comments, criticisms and advice as ever more than welcome! 

• By R2ED
      Took a shot at the ol OSL. 

This model is from my youth that I'd always been afraid to paint because i didn't want to mess it up.  Years later, now I feel like my skills are better and it was worth a shot.  Not only did I take a shot, I did it with a real challenge applied to it.  I was either going to mess it up - or REALLY mess it up.  

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      *  Using the colors red and purple seem very wizardly.  Felt like a strong combo and happy with it.
      *  The OSL I did was using a dry brush and sweeping it from the main source and only moving in that direction.  
      *  After the initial area had been 'zoned' I went in and brought up the colors further.  I had a difficult time identifying what would be lit or not.

Misses:
      *  The highlight on the face is way too much.  I wanted a light cast to it, but Iwasn't thinking like sitting in front of the sun.  Help.
      *  What colors to use for bringing up a light source?  I was thinking some kind of fire getting cast away.  I went Orange, Yellow, White, but only hitting white up close and fading to deeper colors farther from the source.
      *  The shading in the cape and undercape - I didn't do anything but feel it does need something.  Does it look strange without it?

If I were to base this one, I'm wondering how I can really knock this light effect out on the base, too.  I may end up just leaving this as is and thinking fondly of it as a first attempt at OSL.  I also think having taken a challenge piece from my childhood and honoring it with something fun to do in my adulthood felt...redeeming.  
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)