@Kuro - Thanks, this is one of the many figures I loved when I saw it for the first time.  She fell into my I'm not sure I can do her justice, like the thread Ub3r started here hits on.

After reading the post on when is a mini finished I realized I need to get cracking on some close to completions.  I decided to make some more progress on her by working on the rest of the clack leather.  Hmm, looking at it I might have to go back and rework some color back it in.  I'll see how I feel as I progress.

post-12625-0-33042000-1471465189.jpg

• Like 9
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@knarthex - Thank, sry for the belated reply.

I started back up on the reaper Elf I'll call Ami for short.  Basically I began work on her sword sheath and quiver.  The colors were the same for both so I took photo of her back.  I'll have to go back and fix up the cloak in spots, but I've gotten used to that.

post-12625-0-59841700-1473386540.jpg

• Like 12

More work on Ami.  I managed to get the grip of her sword, her hair and her pouch worked on over the past few days.  Tried to give the pouch a less shiny look as I use the same colors as the leather for the black, just not as high of highlights.  Started working on the bow.  Looking at the photo, I think I need to bring the highlights of the hair up a bit more.  I was struck with an idea for the base, but I will hold off on that till after I get her finished up.

post-12625-0-85172300-1474080176.jpg

post-12625-0-58411500-1474080177.jpg

• Like 10

Managed to get some more work done on Ami during the google hang out tonight.  I need to do them more often, I seem to get more work done than a usual session.  I gave her bow some more work and painted up her hands as well as touch up some spots on her skin.  Still need to figure out her leggings.  I wonder if the white works or should I go purple in the tops of the leggings?

Here is where she stands at the moment:

post-12625-0-81168600-1476070855.jpg

post-12625-0-56776700-1476070856.jpg

• Like 12

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Krassling
      Back on my PC I can upload the final shot of the mounted knight Lucardus von Kemet. Because he is a famous character in the world of The Dark Eye, I put a sign on his base to give his name clearly to everyone. As a leader of the Undead and user of dark powers I gave him a look similiar to his underlings. He is a desperate man who wields war in the name of his demonic mistress. Painting process is in the wip forum.

• By Coffee Nerdery Beer
      Hi there all, I've decided to dive into the deep end with finally trying the scary world of OSL. 😄

Feel I've lost the plot on this ... so any advice on how to proceed with this would be greatly appreciated! (Having fun, though, despite not knowing what the hell I'm doing. 😁)

I'm including a "top down" view, which is where I'm most confuddled. That dark line down his arm which represents the shadow from the staff which sits between the source of light ... it just doesn't look right to me.  🤔

So, I'm all ears for suggestions on improvements!

• By lexomatic
      Bones 5
      WIP is where the work starts in this thread.

Expansions
      Dark Depths: WIP SHOWOFF
      Dungeon Dwellers: WIP  SHOWOFF
      Brinewind: WIP SHOWOFF
      Brinewind Extras: WIP SHOWOFF

Encounters
      Charnel Pit of the Ghoul Queen: WIP SHOWOFF
      Dwarf King's Crypt : WIP p4, 7-10 SHOWOFF
      Shadows of Ravenhome: WIP SHOWOFF
      Spiders of Emrith Kul: WIP SHOWOFF

Add-ons
      Adventuring kids: WIP SHOWOFF
      Arakoth the Ancient: WIP SHOWOFF
      Handmaidens: WIP SHOWOFF
      Yog Sothoth: WIP SHOWOFF
      Maybe more I don't remember yet

Starting with a dry fit of 19507 Spiders of Emrith Kul encounter set.
      Not sure what to do with those bodies in webs on the slot. Need to go back and look at the pics to see if I should cut them or see if I have a spare slotta base to stand them up.
      Backdrop is a black cardstock.

• By Rob Dean
      A few years ago (hmmm…2015), Iron Wind Metals did a Kickstarter for a Chaos Wars revival. The first two armies featured were orcs and elves. I got most of my compact orcish army painted a while back, but was looking at a new set of rules last week (Fantastic Battles).  I needed at least one more leader stand to use my Chaos Wars orcs, and I knew that I had a few orc leaders from that Kickstarter I hadn’t finished.  Happily, I was even able to find them among my boxes of primed figures on sticks.

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all you Reaper Acolytes!

So painted this one as a gift for a friend, now that she's got it, can finally show it off:

A Thumper Standard Bearer,  I think sculpted by Richard Kerr.  

It was so hard not go go all crazy Easter Bunny on this one, so added a few Easter eggs, quite literally.  Hopefully his banner is legible!

After listening quite often and watching Anne Forester's Twitch channel, one great tip she gave was to start with your free hand using a white base instead of black.  I did so this time, so hopefully the banner text and the belt are a bit brighter than they otherwise would have been had I used a black base color.  

Anyhoos, enjoy and a premature Happy Easter to all!

• Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)