Sign in to follow this  
ianofdoom

77171 Stone Golem

Quick Stone golem, this one was done as a body guard to a very vain and particular sorceress, hence the clothes and whatnot and not just solid stone look. 

post-8554-0-41191700-1455902804_thumb.jpg

post-8554-0-66663700-1455902799_thumb.jpg

• Like 20

You are putting out some really nice tabletop figures here Ian.

I'd really like to see BETTER pictures tho.

Check out Doug's Miniature Photography 101 thread and see how to get some better pictures of your work. ::D:

Yeah, I am slowly evolving on this. Just the little I have changed has made a huge difference. More upgrades to come, hopefully, haha

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

I recently bought some Greenstuffworld colourshift paints & eagerly wanting to try them out, I searched through my (huge) Bones backlog for a suitably metallic mini. I grabbed the fantastically ominious Iron Golem from the Bones 4 Stoneskull Expansion & got to work.

The blue areas are the colourshift paint, all the other areas are standard paints.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's not as easy to see the effect on these pics as it is with your own eyes but you can make it out. There's no shading or highlighting on these areas apart from some silver to pick out the rivets & sharp edges on the arm plates.

Thanks for looking!

• By Rigel
      Picked this beauty up cheap a year ago as a FLGS was liquidating some old stock. Now, I have time and a better understanding of some skills. And my love of metallics is a matter of public record. 

Here's my start on the body: ArmyPainter Rough Iron above, DecoArt Rich Espresso brass on the sides, DecoArt Worn Penny copper below. I'll paint the smokestacks and dorsal engine in steel colors. The legs I'm still working out, but they will probably have much the same metals. I'm trying to avoid golds on this. 

I'm not sure what to do with those innards. Leather bellows? Leaf springs? A red-glowing internal furnace, as on the box art? I dunno, what do you think?

One major thing I want to do is leave Wyrmgear as a drake for now so we can show off those dorsal smokestacks. No wings, just a 40-foot smoke-belching mechanical killing machine. I might mod on an elaborate array of exhaust pipes near the wings, as on a souped-up hot rod engine. 

Why? Partly because have you SEEN some of the other Wyrmgears here, with the chrome wings and the flawless fantasy landscape painting wings and etc? I can't compete with that! And partly because, while I can't compete with magnificent wing art, I can spatchcock aberrant machines together as well as the next fella, and I want to use those wings for a steampunk flying machine, an ungodly hybrid of von Zeppelin and Lilienthal. I've got some ping-pong balls and Christmas ornaments just begging to be made into balloons for this purpose...
    • By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, it's been some time. It's been hard for me to find some time to paint lately. I'm working on my Cat Critter display base as much as I can, a little every night. So, I thought some of you might like to see part of my progress. Here are part of the statues and "collapsed" pillars that will be decorating the display diorama.

The lions are Reaper Miniatures 77341, sculpted by Geoff Valley. The collapsed pillars are 72591, Wizkids. I cut them to separate the blocs and painted them in white marble colors. There are veins of quartz and gold in the marble. As you can see, I glued the lions tail on their back to make them look more like statues. The lions are mounted on 74012, 25 x 50mm cavalry base.

• By Glitterwolf
      This is Bones Nakayama Hayato Iconic Samurai.
      I found his details a bit crude and decided to paint it as a statue for my Nippon Project.

Speed Paint with the Reaper Stone Triad.
      Scale 75 Decayed Metal, P3 Molten Bronze and Vallejo Verdigris.

WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/&page=10&tab=comments#comment-1829761

There is a legend that deep in the woods around Kyoto there stands a statue of one of Nippon's greatest warriors.
      If one would find it and paid respect to it the statue might bestow luck on that person.
      It is also believed that when the Empire is in dire need, the statue will come to life to fight once more to protect Nippon.

• By Citrine
      Some Stone Golems (SKU 77171) to challenge my players with in some future game session.

• Who's Online   41 Members, 2 Anonymous, 341 Guests (See full list)