Robert E. Howard's Conan Roleplaying Game

I'm surprised that I haven't found a thread for this. I know several people here pledged for the Conan board game, so here's an opportunity to get even more use out of those fantastic looking minis.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/robert-e-howards-conan-roleplaying-game?ref=users

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 2
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About this project

"Know, oh prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars..."

ROBERT E. HOWARD’S CONAN: ADVENTURES IN AN AGE UNDREAMED OF is a brand new roleplaying game based on the incredible character of Conan and of the Hyborian age.

We're running this Kickstarter to help fund one of the biggest line ups of major artists ever for a roleplaying game. Each book is a beautiful high quality hard cover book featuring a major commissioned cover art by one of the legendary names we have assembled along with truly authentic and evocative content by industry veterans and newcomers...

"Tread the jeweled thrones of the earth or die in towers of spider-haunted mystery. Crom cares not!"

...all under the watchful eye of world-renowned Conan experts and scholars including Jeffrey Shanks, Patrice Louinet and Mark Finn, working together to bring you the most authentic Conan roleplaying experience yet, focusing exclusively on Robert E. Howard’s original stories.

Featuring Modiphius’ 2d20 game system, also seen in the Mutant Chronicles, Infinity, and John Carter Warlord of Mars RPGs. Try it out!

Edit: well, that didn't copy like I thought it would....  So check out the page.

Edited by Dan d'Lyon
  • Like 1

Ok, I read the "starter" rules and I just don't get it. They look extremely complicated and I can't find a reason why they should be (more than one success, momentum, doom ... etc). Looks like instead of playing a Conan RPG, there will be a lot of number-crunching, meta-gaming going on?

Has anybody here more experience with the 2D20 system?

Apparently I saw some thing about crossover with the recent board game too

The book is a $22 add-on, but the tiles seem pretty expensive to me. If you got all 4 sets it would cost you $120. They have said if they unlock all 4 they will offer a bundle at a discount, but I can't imagine it would be that much. You can also get them as a PDF for $44 for all 4 sets. From the update about the crossover:

The Conan Board Game Sourcebook for Robert E. Howard’s Conan Roleplaying Game will feature a major storyline set along the Black Coast as Conan and Belit are faced with their greatest challenge yet. The adventure will incorporate brand new board game scenarios for fans of the Conan board game as well as a full RPG adventure and bonus content. The adventure and scenarios are being cunningly entwined so you can play them as one big epic adventure – the scenarios will describe the progress of Conan, Belit and the crew of the Tigress, whilst the heroes will be following their own linked adventure, or can alternatively use the provided pre-generated characters of Conan and Belit etc for the roleplaying game. 

Scenarios will use the official Conan board game tiles as well as new tiles being created by Modiphius for the roleplaying game. Monolith’s board game fans will be able to grab the new scenarios from the book to play them out with the Conan board game and can pick up Modiphius’ tile sets to expand their game. The sourcebook will contain advice on using these new tiles to expand your board game experience giving you lots of new options. The results of the board game scenarios featuring Conan and Belit will have a big impact on the roleplaying adventure and so GM and player's alike will be in for a truly challenging experience. Each set of characters will be exploring different yet linked aspects of the same great story leading to an epic finale. 

The Geomorphic Tile Sets are £20 each as an Add On once unlocked (with two sets: Perilous Ruins & Forgotten Cities, Forbidden Places & Pits of Horror unlocked so far) and we have created two new pledges specifically for Monolith Conan Board game fans who just want these items: