03487: Dragonette and 14266 Selthak the Poisoner (Fingerpainting Challenge) Warning - Pic Heavy

Mad Jack

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I think you nailed IMHO :D

Pun intended since he used his nail?

Seriously well done. And there was a question about being able to prime being excluded from the 'painting' which I confirmed. Even so, I love how you just ran with the challenge. Fantastic.

ETA: Resolutionary challenge works as a tag, though "RPChallenge" is preferable since all the threads since last year have that as well ::P:

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 2

Eh, I easily could have primed them using the same glop-and-blow technique* I used on the basecoats (ye gods was that messy as hell - even using my hand as a backdrop, I still found tiny dots of paint on my lights, lol), but I was lazy and wanted to get started on them.

* I actually do the same thing on my regular minis sometimes when I've put too much paint on the surface, or I can't get my brush into a very tight spot - if you blow on it hard enough, it pushes the paint into all the corners and blows off the excess - although you have to be willing to go touch up any places where the excess ends up getting pushed off to. If you use a really tiny straw and control how hard you blow, you can actually somewhat control where you're pushing the paint.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1

And see, here I am, trying very hard to STOP using my hands to paint. For years, my hands looked like that after a few hours of painting, because I did use them as my palette...I blotted, tested thinning, and mixed there...and now that I'm trying to break the habit, it becomes a...a thing! :P

The paint looks good on the minis, though. Kudos on the OSL, it's very nice!

• Like 1