Sign in to follow this  
alchemist

Ral Partha AD&D Monsters Part 4 (lots of pics)

I have those gibberlings and they don't look nearly so nice as yours. They don't count as finished yet so I may get around to making them nicer soon. I also have the Normal furniture versions of those mimics that That ral partha made.

Really liking this look at the old stuff, and am amazed at how well they were painted. especially after I saw some of the old school painting guides and tips in the old Dragon magazine, and just how not amazing the paint jobs in those tended to look.

• Like 1

So nice to see these!

I love them all, especially the mushromms on the shambling mound, the Yugoloth ( never heard of it before),.and the naga

Excellent paintwork and great to see such vibrant colours.

Top notch work on some wonderful old school minis. Thanks for sharing and please do share more as you complete them!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mutilatedlips
      Lots of fun to paint. Nothing to glue. Fun, fun, fun!
      I love painting dark elves. I tried a little more modern skin tone this time. The previous ones I painted I gave them more of an old school look with some light purple to their skin.

• By knarthex
      Happy Birthday o Most Magnificent Instructresses of Hot Chick Painting!

The Drow
    • By Tolex Cat
      I'm painting this up for the BBEG this weekend. Last night I tried the layering technique for black by using multiple thin layers of complementary colors. Someone posted the artist and demo on the Reaper fan page a couple of weeks back when someone asked about painting black. If anyone knows the artist or link, please let me know since I can't find it. I highly recommend it. While these pics don't show the various tones of colors, it looks like rich black with some depth vs going flat like some black paints do. I love the effect. However, I will say it doesn't work as well on something more curvy. I was also trying it on another mini for her top and she'd very curvaceous. It looked a little weird so I just repainted it.

So that being said, I'd love some thoughts on what to do about the collar piece and gloves he has. Should I do the same black treatment or go with a different color? I think I'm going to do his pants in a gray so the focus is more on his armor. Thanks!
    • By stormbreach
      Hello all.  Today I just finished this Shambling Mound from Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures.  I decided to do it just like a tutorial I saw on Mini Junkies, so I'm not even sure how much credit I can claim for him .  Basically it's heavily drybrushed with white and then entirely inked.  I used Vallejo Game Inks and this was my first time trying them.  There are some imperfections and I wish some aspects had turned out different but I'm happy enough with him.  I didn't have enough guts to put grass and flock directly on him like I would have liked but I don't think any of the stuff I have would have looked right.  As it is the grass and flock on the base basically disappears because it blends with the greens on him.  Hope you enjoy him!

• By SGHawkins09
      This chaos toad was another one of my ReaperCon entries, this time in the Painter's category. As I had multiple entries in the category, only one was judged and this was not the one chosen. Even though it was not the one judged, it is one of my favorites that I have painted recently. It is a fantastic sculpt by @TaleSpinner with fun details like the shrunken head and turtle shell canteen. 

• Who's Online   30 Members, 2 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)