It looks really good, Jay!

Critiques: the horse needs some more smaller highlights as he looks 2-toned to me from the pics. The base has paint rubbed off along the edges and it pulls my eye towards the area.

• Like 2

It looks really good, Jay!

Critiques: the horse needs some more smaller highlights as he looks 2-toned to me from the pics. The base has paint rubbed off along the edges and it pulls my eye towards the area.

I fixed the edge peel off.  Strangest thing for me.  Have no idea why it did that.  Maybe its a flaw with my Vallejo paint on primer.

I'm going to be watching that closer.  Almost like it bubbled at some point.  Thanks for the pointer on the horse !  They're always a problem.

Get the rider right, horse wrong, or vis-versa..ROFL.  Thanks Ub3r!!!

• Like 2

Looks good, nice basing too.

Little nitpicking here...Maybe some more highlights on the horse?

Overall a good job,

Nice job. I have a few from that line, they are very tiny by today's standards. 

Thanks Inarah;

They are honestly very small, I find myself using a toothpick to put in

eyes, and trying to highlight them.  Meirer's sculpts are so dynamic, that I

can't resist the challenge of painting them.

Good job jay great reds

Thanks Limey72;

I've been trying to amp UP my reds, and the only way to do it is to practice.

I really like the way the reds are popping and the contrast in this MIni.

How is your Street Scene Project going ?  I haven't seen anything on it !

Those buildings are incredible !  Love the paint work !

• Like 1

WONDERFUL! Pelinore was a favorite character in the musical Camelot...Robert Coote did a fine job with the role. You've brought him to life in an OUTSTANDING fashion, especially considering how tiny he is. BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. he makes a DASHING figure. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

WONDERFUL! Pelinore was a favorite character in the musical Camelot...Robert Coote did a fine job with the role. You've brought him to life in an OUTSTANDING fashion, especially considering how tiny he is. BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. he makes a DASHING figure. VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks Malefactus;

You know I am trying to reproduce some of your reds on this guy...LOL.

I saw Camelot on Broadway in NYC with Robert Goulet.  Fantastic memorable play, love the Lyrics!

I managed to catch three supreme plays in NYC.  Camelot, Hair, and Man of La Mancha.

Thanks for the kind words.

Jay

• Like 1

Nice wok on him!

I never got any of the Thunderbolt Mountain stuff, so it's nice to see some of it being painted up and shown off.

• Like 1

Nice wok on him!

I never got any of the Thunderbolt Mountain stuff, so it's nice to see some of it being painted up and shown off.

Thanks Chaoswolf;

These are quite the challenge.  I learned to paint using them (not a feat I would recommend in one sense).

They are REALLY small.  Forced me to learn brush control really quickly !

The quality of these mini-miniatures is extreme.  Details are stunning.

His Arthurian series is magnificent, but his Elf Nobles, and warriors are amazing also.

Make sure you have sharp pointed brushes when you take on these sculpts !

Here is a non-solicited paint tip. When I paint red, I do my base coat in a very bright and saturated orange. It should help with making your red vibrant plus coverage will even out quicker. That way you won't need so many coats of red.

• Like 1

Here is a non-solicited paint tip. When I paint red, I do my base coat in a very bright and saturated orange. It should help with making your red vibrant plus coverage will even out quicker. That way you won't need so many coats of red.

THANK YOU !

That is a great tip !  I usually build my reds up VERY slowly, with multi layers.

I will have to try your Bright and Saturated orange trick to see how it works for me.

Jay

When I am going for a dark red, I prefer to start with black, and then layer on dark red then brighter red. Dark red is my favorite color though, so I don't often go for bright orange red.

• Like 1