Sign in to follow this  
aku-chan

Biocognator Golem

HFo6M89.jpgHRIw6dI.jpg

Wz5X9HK.jpgiTthzbR.jpg

Presenting the Biocognator Golem from Wolsung, a steampunk robot piloted by a pair of lab mice who are determined to take over the world. There is a WIP thread for it here.

Biggest lesson I've learnt painting this one? Don't use Vallejo Gunmetal Blue as a main colour!

There's a nicely detailed mini in there somewhere, but the metallic blue just makes the whole thing too dark when photographed.

As least it looks fairly good in hand.

Any comments and criticisms are, as always, warmly received.

• Like 22

Love the Animaniacal pilots!  The photos are a bit dark, but I like the look of the golem a lot, and I bet it's great in person (er, in construct?).

• Like 3

Splendid work, but that arm is just too honkin' big. Now I know what it feels like to some people when they walk into a room and one picture on the wall is off level...

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Love the little mice.  Any chance some silver highlights will help? 

It already has some, plus the arms and legs are mostly silver too, the Gunmetal Blue is just overwhelming everything.

Splendid work, but that arm is just too honkin' big. Now I know what it feels like to some people when they walk into a room and one picture on the wall is off level...

It would probably look a bit better if I had the big arm dragging along the ground like its supposed to, but thanks to a big lump of resin inside the elbow socket it sits too low now.

Where did you get this? It's brilliant! ::o:

It's part of the Wolsung line by Micro Arts Studio, I don't think it's had a retail release yet though (I got mine from their Kickstarter).

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this