Umm prime something?

Seriously. This slump I'm in is really getting annoying. Just no moto to want to sit down & do hobbies right now. Heck last week, went to Hobby Lobby picked up the Revell Starsky & Hutch Gran Torino kit & was all yah, we've got great weather this week, I'm gonna sit down, clip out parts & prime em! Yah like that ever happened, box is still sitting on the table where I put it down after coming home.

Seriously glad ReaperCon isn't next month this year!!!

Maybe work on basing/terrain? Or perhaps another genre different from your normal stuff?

I tried that with the HA. I was able to glue the pieces that I got off ebay awhile back. I thought hey this is pretty fun stuff. I'll let the glue dry for 24 hrs & I never went back to them. I ended up just putting them in a box for when I do want to paint them up. Heck I was all set bought some new craft paint colors & some crappy brushes as well.

Just not there. Which sucks overall but my son has been waiting for a car model I promised him for his birthday (last June.....)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried that with the HA. I was able to glue the pieces that I got off ebay awhile back. I thought hey this is pretty fun stuff. I'll let the glue dry for 24 hrs & I never went back to them. I ended up just putting them in a box for when I do want to paint them up. Heck I was all set bought some new craft paint colors & some crappy brushes as well.

Just not there. Which sucks overall but my son has been waiting for a car model I promised him for his birthday (last June.....)

Don't force yourself, just take some time and do other things. Look up images that inspire you and before you know it, you'll jump back into painting.

• Like 4

Don't force yourself, just take some time and do other things. Look up images that inspire you and before you know it, you'll jump back into painting.

You in my house hiding somewhere...... :blink:  :blink:  :lol:

Basically what I've tried to do. One reason why I've posted asking for the wagon & other items. Hoping maybe the week long vacation over to Portland & the Oregon Coast will help me stir up something as well.

• Like 4

Umm prime something?

Seriously. This slump I'm in is really getting annoying. Just no moto to want to sit down & do hobbies right now. Heck last week, went to Hobby Lobby picked up the Revell Starsky & Hutch Gran Torino kit & was all yah, we've got great weather this week, I'm gonna sit down, clip out parts & prime em! Yah like that ever happened, box is still sitting on the table where I put it down after coming home.

Seriously glad ReaperCon isn't next month this year!!!

Maybe work on basing/terrain? Or perhaps another genre different from your normal stuff?

Ugh, I hate it when my painting mojo takes a vacation from me. The bastage never even gives me any notice! :)

Really though, I tend to hit blogs, forums, videos, comic books, or movies to try to help my mojo to return. Oh, I'll sometimes grab a friend to do hobby stuff with. I've found that to help immensely

• Like 3

Another forum I am a part of is having a contest for evil (chaos) dwarves.  I'm going to try to complete something to high standard before 3/27.  We'll see if I succeed.  I also just received ProCreate, so I am going to attempt to begin a sculpture with that and compare to GS for my own purposes.  Maybe even sculpt an evil dwarf.

Painting-wise, I have some more fungi to complete to get them off the table and maybe finish up some more undead.

If I get in a slump there, I have my big project to work on and paint, so I'm set with projects for now.

Edited by Darkmeer
  • Like 3

I finally have all the supplies I need to start my mini sealing tests to withstand constant water immersion! I started that a month ago...

So my mini related goals are:

• Finish painting and sealing the test pieces, then set up the tests! I'll be checking on them in September.
  • Spring Exchange!
  • Start painting at least one other thing ::):

Not mini related, I want to make a plushie, a kigurumi (it's like a big onesie but animal themed), and keep up with my daily drawings.

• Like 5

Getting back into painting, I just got a dozen Reaper paints in the mail, and made my own wet palette finally. Hoping to get a mini done at least every three days, so I'm going for ten random Bones minis this month. I've got quite the backlog from the first two Kickstarters, and have more coming in the third, so I figure I'd start chipping away at it. I don't have any games currently running, so these will just be whatever strikes my fancy.

Got one half painted yesterday, so I'm on track.

Edit: I said 10 random bones, but I'm going to make it a little more difficult.

Those that I can 'batch paint' count for half. Like the mummies and guardsmen I'm going to be painting up soon. Plus those mummies are just going to get a basecoat and drybrush mostly, so they hardly count!

Not sure how I ended up with 5 of the same mummy though. They came like that in the kickstarters I guess?

Edit: As of 3/17, I've painted: The mummy captain, mummy warrior, and 5 plain old mummies, as well as a female wizard and a ranger. So that's 6.5 done, with my six guardsman's faces done, with the rest following soon, which will bring me to 9.5 by the end of this weekend...

Edited by Ravendas
  • Like 4

Lemme see, off to a rough start this month :( (had an ER visit with my youngest - he's ok, thank God, but yeah it kinda shot my weekend)

Anyway back on topic, sorry!

I am planning to do:

- remainder of my BaC box (~37 space marines)

- my exchange miniature

- whatever Wyrd figure is appropriate for Wyrd's Iron painter competition, starting 3/14

bonus goals (assuming I get to them)

- put together my manufactorum (40k terrain piece), possibly even painting it

all else will be as God wills lol

• Like 4

So, as I am about to mention in the February thread, I ended up barely touching brushes last month. My goal this month must be more modest, since I have two conventions to do (this weekend and two weeks from now), so I intend to finish one six man cavalry unit for Ral Partha, and one twelve man (er, goblin...) infantry unit for myself. Anything else will be gravy.

• Like 3

Another forum I am a part of is having a contest for evil (chaos) dwarves.  I'm going to try to complete something to high standard before 3/27.  We'll see if I succeed.  I also just received ProCreate, so I am going to attempt to begin a sculpture with that and compare to GS for my own purposes.  Maybe even sculpt an evil dwarf.

Painting-wise, I have some more fungi to complete to get them off the table and maybe finish up some more undead.

If I get in a slump there, I have my big project to work on and paint, so I'm set with projects for now.

Okay, I have finished the halfway point for one miniature of high standard.  I may not succeed, but the mini looks pretty good.  I have attempted to work with ProCreate, and it's going to take some adjusting. 

Paint has been thrown at a second miniature for the initial contest noted above, and I hope to complete both and have to decide which one to put in. 

And fungi have been painted on, and some are slated for completion maybe by the end of the month!  Then back to the undead hordes or something.

AND, a goal I always have but rarely get to complete (so rarely it never makes it on the list):  I got to play a tournament today.  A whole afternoon of gaming!  Yay me!  (It was a Warmachine tournament, one of my favorite skirmish to battle-scaled games).  Not oddly, I lost (haven't played since last September) EVERY GAME.  I did win since I play fully painted, and I was the only one there fully painted!  It's an OCD thing for myself and it actually won me a prize!  So proud of my OCD today.

• Like 2

It's a day away from March, so I figured I might as well start up the March 2016 Goals thread.

This month, my goals are:

• Finish up my Cleric vs Undead diorama - DONE!
  • Paint Toad Form for party druid - waiting on figure to arrive
  • Paint Dire Boar Form for party druid - waiting on figure to arrive
  • Paint up giant spider for party druid - waiting on figure to arrive
  • Paint up sorceress w/ wand for party sorceress - No longer needed as the sorceress bit the dust last week.
  • Work on some exchanges that I'm doing on the side.
  • Get started on another diorama (The Keeper's Sanctum)
  • Work on another Vignette that will feature a chase - waiting on a figure to arrive
  • Work on Dynamic Lenore, with floating base - Current project, base is 85% done, Lenore took a simple green bath the other day.

UPDATED!

• Like 3

Haldir, I hope the trip to the Oregon Coast worked.  Portland is nice, but the Coast is enchanted.  Some years ago, when we lived in Seattle, my family and I took a trip down to Cannon Beach, it was absolutely inspiring!  Nothing to compare down here in SE Texas.

As for me, I finally cleared the way to my painting table, which was a big step.  Then I messed up a figure in an experimental session using pens and washes.  My plan is to get some zombies done and get started on a vampire for the Curse of Strahd campaign I am running.

• Like 1