Reapercon 16 Rooms and Rides

NomadZeke

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im arriving at LoveField Weds night at 825PM -is anyone else arriving around that time who I can carpool or share a Lyft ride to the Meet n Greet?

Just FYI. Between disembarking the plane, grabbing luggage, and getting a ride, you will be at the M&G at 9:30ish. I'm not sure it will even still be going on by then.
Also if you are bypassing your hotel to get to the meet and greet, call then and let them know you are checking in late. Some hotels will give away your room if you don't check in by a certain time unless you let them know ahead of time.
She's a secondary name on the room for this exact occasion. I already did primary check-in.

Im arriving at LoveField Weds night at 825PM -is anyone else arriving around that time who I can carpool or share a Lyft ride to the Meet n Greet?

Just FYI. Between disembarking the plane, grabbing luggage, and getting a ride, you will be at the M&G at 9:30ish. I'm not sure it will even still be going on by then.
Also if you are bypassing your hotel to get to the meet and greet, call then and let them know you are checking in late. Some hotels will give away your room if you don't check in by a certain time unless you let them know ahead of time.
She's a secondary name on the room for this exact occasion. I already did primary check-in.

Ok,,so a ride to the Hilton it sounds like. -anyone else arriving at Lovefield?

My flight leaves DFW Monday morning around 11am. Is anybody heading out that way at a similar time?

My flight schedule is about the same. Monday, DFW, 11:35am.

I plan to arrive there around 9am-9:30am. Plenty of time for breakfast. ::D:

I can probably manage 9:30, if you'd like to share a ride.

Big thanks to Heather, DixonGrfx, and Matbar for rides, and to ChaosWolf for being a great and considerate roommate, even after I made him buy me $216 worth of paint.  :devil:

Ditto for DixonGrfx who did the taxiing on Wednesday from the airport to the hotels, and Matbar for that lift on Sunday from the PEC back to the hotels.

Special thanks to Klarg1 for getting us that Lyft ride on Monday morning because the taxi/car service at the Fairfield Innsucked. I called for a taxi before 8:30am, and we waited, and waited, and waited. The soonest it could've got us at the airport would've been 10am (Klarg1's flight was at 11am, so unacceptable). Able to find a Lyft nearby, and we arrived at the airport by 9:30am. Tight, but still reasonable. Lucky for us, checking in and TSA were quick. By 10am we were on the other side comfortably waiting for our flights. Seriously, I've never had to wait so long for a taxi at a place full of hotels.

• Like 5

Yes, many thanks for the rides.  Adrift, and Sir LARPSalot especially. 

and to Doug Sundseth for being a great roommate. 

without generous drivers, the shuttle service would not have been enough. 

I ended up using Lyft only to get to and from the airport.  I arrived in the middle of the day Thursday, and left before the auction on Sunday.  I'll pick better flights next time. 

• Like 5

In no particular order, thank you to :miniaddict and kate for rides from/to the airport; Heather, dixongrfx, matbar, and the melons clan for rides everywhere else, and to David Brawley for hooking me up with a room (next year, if I'm there alone, I'll have to get the room, so you can buy me a bunch of loot ::P: )

You guys and gals rock!

• Like 3

In no particular order, thank you to :miniaddict and kate for rides from/to the airport; Heather, dixongrfx, matbar, and the melons clan for rides everywhere else, and to David Brawley for hooking me up with a room (next year, if I'm there alone, I'll have to get the room, so you can buy me a bunch of loot ::P: )

You guys and gals rock!

Seems fair!! :lol:

• Like 3