Reapercon 16 Rooms and Rides

NomadZeke

Okay it's less than 2 months away, and I am wondering if folks can give me details on the best way to get to the HGI from Love Field....

I am arriving at 3pm Wednesday....

I believe Dilvish will be arriving approximately the same time....

Also, info from DFW would be worth it for some of our Canadian friends that will be arriving there at about the same time....

Thanks!

George

• Like 2

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay it's less than 2 months away, and I am wondering if folks can give me details on the best way to get to the HGI from Love Field....

Also, info from DFW would be worth it for some of our Canadian friends that will be arriving there at about the same time....

Thanks!

George

There's this magical thing called "Google maps," my friend ::P:

Thanks!

George

Looking for shuttle services etc, not road maps....

or having to call you!

• Like 2

Thanks!

George

Looking for shuttle services etc, not road maps....

or having to call you!

I used Super Shuttle last year they got me to/from airport quickly. They actually upgraded me for free from a shuttle to a private car. It was cheap and very easy.

• Like 1

Thanks!

George

What he said.

I also plan on arriving at DFW at 3pm. And from experience, nearby hotels either have a shuttle service, or the taxis have a flat fee for those hotels.

This is where riding together is worth it.

Anyone have any experience using Spirit? It's $80 round trip from BWI to Dallas... With bag fees more like $120, but that's still cheaper than anyone else...

No, I've heard that they do charge those bag fees (and other fees) as well as have very cramped seats. Don't know how tall you are, but if you are above average and don't mind having your knees squished for the duration of your flight it might be worth it for that price.

I use Southwest Airlines and fly into Love Field and then take Super Shuttle (as mentioned above).

For reference:

Fairfield hotel information:

• Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport - DFW

Airport Phone: +1 972 973 8888

Hotel direction: 8 miles NE

This hotel does not provide shuttle service.

• Alternate transportation: Celebrity Transportation; fee: 40 USD (one way)
  • Estimated taxi fare: 40 USD  (one way)
  • Dallas Love Field - DAL

Airport Phone: +1 214 670 6073

Hotel direction: 25 miles N

This hotel does not provide shuttle service.

• Alternate transportation: Celebrity Transportation 866-221-8294; fee: 60 USD (one way) ;on request
  • Estimated taxi fare: 60 USD  (one way)

Hilton Garden Inn:

From the Airport

Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport

Exit the airport using the North exit, take State Highway 121 North and continue on State Highway 121 Bypass towards McKinney, exit at Lake Vista/MacArthur and turn left on Lake Vista. Hotel will be on your left. GPS Not Accurate.

Distance from Hotel:13 mi.

Drive Time:16 min.

Type Typical Minimum Charge

Limousine

75.00 USD

Super Shuttle

35.00 USD

Rental Car

Airport pick-up

Taxi

25.00 USD

Dallas Love Field

Take Mockingbird Ln heading W to I-35, go N on I-35 approx. 15 mi, exit #447B, Frontage Rd, take a left and stay on State Highway 121 Bypass Frontage Rd, hotel is on the corner of Lake Vista Dr and State Highway 121 Bypass. GPS Not Accurate

Distance from Hotel:17 mi.

Drive Time:23 min.

Type Typical Minimum Charge

Limousine

75.00 USD

Super Shuttle

35.00 USD

Rental Car

Airport pickup

Taxi

40.00 USD

• Like 7

Anyone have any experience using Spirit? It's $80 round trip from BWI to Dallas... With bag fees more like $120, but that's still cheaper than anyone else...

I got a spirit flight back from the convention and saved 20$.  Unfortunately when I tried to change it I was told it was non refundable, and there would be a change fee if I wanted to move to a later flight.  But there were no later flights on Sunday on that airline.   So I'm going to miss the auction.  

I suppose they are alright if everything goes smoothly, but make sure you have what you need the first time.  Otherwise they suck. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 1