Quick and Easy Ghoul Queen Sword Conversion (Bones) (77175)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Girl does look better holding the sword than wearing it...EXCELLENT idea & SPLENDIDLY accomplished. I've never figure out what those long thingies are that project from the sheath...I'm longing forward to what you do with them & her.

• Like 1

The Girl does look better holding the sword than wearing it...EXCELLENT idea & SPLENDIDLY accomplished. I've never figure out what those long thingies are that project from the sheath...I'm longing forward to what you do with them & her.

Thanks. I think the long things are supposed to be rib bones...at least that's the direction I'm going with them. :)

Very nice conversion! Thank you for including the details of how you accomplished the change. It is a big help for conversion-newbies like me.

Thank you. I'm glad you found it useful.

Amusingly, I'm in the midst of painting that exact same mini.  Now that I've seen your excellent conversion, I'm almost tempted to stop mid-paint and convert her into the single-sheathed ghoul queen.  Great work!  (And I'm looking forward to seeing that necromancer warband!)

• Like 2

That looks really nice. Dropping the back scabbard really helps with the overly cluttered silhouette of the mini and brings her form out.

I know when I was digging through my Bones and looking at them all, she stood out to me as one I couldn't figure out what was what for the longest time.

• Like 1

Thanks all for the kind remarks regarding my conversion.  I'm very appreciative of how well you all liked it.

Though I'm sorry if I cause anyone to mess up any painting that they've already begun in an attempt to retro-convert their own mini! 

• Like 2

I have posted the final painted figure in the Show-Off forum: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/67673-ghoul-queen-bones-77175/?p=1331187

In retrospect, I think she would have been further improved if, during her surgery, I had removed that big crab-claw ornamentation behind her head.  It's a redundancy with the bone hair adornments she already has.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.