knarthex

Old Skool Lead from a Friend

So the Pathfinder game was played last Saturday, and a friend from collage that still plays with us brought up a box of old lead that he was going to put on evil bay, and asked me if I wanted any of them.....

(Anyone care to guess my answer?)

So I refrained from taking the whole box and grabbed the following:

Ral Partha:

001%203.jpg

002%202.jpg

These critters are called 'Hexers' or something like that I believe

007.jpg

R.Charrette, 1989 on the base

These guys reminded me of Anhurians

008.jpg

009.jpg

1992 on base

These guys had odd helmets that I kinda liked...

010.jpg

011.jpg

R Charrette and 1989 on base again

This guy just struck my fancy for some reason:

012.jpg

013.jpg

Ral Partha 84 on the base...

As soon as I saw this guy, I thought of the Dark Enabler, The Like Bomber, & CW....

014.jpg

015.jpg

R Charrette and 1989 on base again

(So when I paint this guy, which one do I skin for him???? :devil: )

Grenadier:

post-14271-0-10090900-1456891971_thumb.jpg

post-14271-0-81498400-1456891972_thumb.jpg

post-14271-0-24645800-1456891979_thumb.jpg

The Dwarf Bear rider was just.....

post-14271-0-19952500-1456892015_thumb.jpg

post-14271-0-87731200-1456892015_thumb.jpg

A422  1989 on base

This Orc? Ogre? was kinda neat, so....

post-14271-0-49707800-1456892016_thumb.jpg

post-14271-0-13920400-1456892017_thumb.jpg

M459   1991 on base

And I just like this guy!

post-14271-0-74749200-1456892017_thumb.jpg

post-14271-0-39241300-1456892018_thumb.jpg

His boots are claws, His visor reminds me of a Traveller character I had back in High School that a different friend drew a pic of for me, and his shield is neat!

FP41   1987 on base

They are all going to go for a swim in paint stripper, as soon as I can find some gel type....

Aint friends wonderful?

George

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 13

Great haul!

I like the Ral Partha Chaos Fighters..

The Horse thingies made me think of Sleipnir, but these are Hexers you say?

Never heard of them but they look cool!

The Grenadier Knight  is wearing Dragon Armor, Did I sent you the Grenadier Catalogue PDFÅ›?

Because I know I have some where he is shown painted, might be of use for reference?

If not  ..ask and Ye shall receive..

As for the Barbarian in Wolf Skin... That's  Ub3r, and we are friends, so it isn't my skin. My guess is CW stole Ub3r's Skull Mugs once too many and this is the result.. :upside:

• Like 3

Just wondering why this was moved here, as the other threads of this type were in Presentation.....

And no Starwolf, no pdfs (yet)

Thanks!

• Like 2

The horses are hekatrixes (spelling may be off); I used to have a bunch of 'em a while ago until I sold them off.

I've still got some of those old chaos warriors hanging around though.

• Like 2

Just wondering why this was moved here, as the other threads of this type were in Presentation.....

And no Starwolf, no pdfs (yet)

Thanks!

This will be corrected in the weekend!

I love it when this sort of thing happens. A buddy of mine (the guy who introduced me to D&D when we were just 11 years old), gave me a box of ancient lead (mostly Grenadier, with some RP thrown in) last year. It was crazy because I already had most of his old collection from when he left it with me about fifteen or twenty years ago. Turns out he had more in his mom's attic.

I hear some of it actually once belonged to his older brother. I refuse to feel guilty about that, because that's the same older brother DM who killed my beloved first-character-ever, Testor the Fighter, with a sneak attack save-or-die spider bite in my very first encounter in my very first game ever.

Paybacks and all that.

• Like 2

Nice! If you find that you need more, the chaos warriors and hexatrixes are still in production from Ironwind. I was commanding a unit of the chaos axemen in a game this morning, as it happens. ::):