Sign in to follow this  
TitanZero

Custom Sculpt - Lich with a flaming skull - General Mo'Phier

And now, by request, I present a lich with a flaming skull.

Flavor Text:

After the cultists opened the rift, and were promptly eaten, all manner of strange beast came though. Most fearsome were the Liches, commanders of the undead.  The fed from the fresh battlegrounds and quickly the Rebels and Redcoats formed an easy peace to take on this new threat.

post-14724-0-31857600-1457148249_thumb.jpg

post-14724-0-30176900-1457148250_thumb.jpg

post-14724-0-26831500-1457148251_thumb.jpg

post-14724-0-20987000-1457148252.jpg

post-14724-0-81265700-1457148252.jpg

post-14724-0-74608600-1457148253.jpg

• Like 8

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Restless
      This is a bunch of minis in one. I was looking at my pygmy mammoth mini a couple of months ago and I just felt the need to dangle something from its tusks. I found some little bottles I had bought years ago from a Michaels or Joann and the rest of the ideas followed smoothly. I chopped some phosphorescent plastic from a little dino model you find in Fred Meyer and put those in the bottles and they do glow in the dark. I wasn't able to take a good photo of that, alas. I first saw the idea of a large pack animal with lanterns on it, traveling into an uncertain world, years ago when I saw this art: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/7638820 and fell in love with it.

List of materials
      - Pygmy mammoth https://www.reapermini.com/search/mammoth/latest/44111
      - Shadoweyes Catfolk rogue https://www.reapermini.com/search/cat rogue/latest/44118
      - Adventuring accessories https://www.reapermini.com/search/02638
      - Adventuring accessories II https://www.reapermini.com/search/02963
      - green stuff (I used the silicone sculpting brushes and vaseline to get this level of detail)
      - little bottles from Michaels or Joann
      - phosphorescent plastic (I used the plastic support for the dino pieces from this https://www.amazon.com/JARU-Inc-World-Fossils-Dinos/dp/B00RITQY8I - no dino pieces were harmed in the making of this mini)

Here are more close up photos.

And here is the making process.

He even has a uvula :)

I chopped off the platform and the swords from the rogue cat. And then I cut off its legs and tail so i could reposition them on top of the mammoth.

And then I summoned the green stuff.

It was really hard to detach the sacks from their metal anchor. I was basically chewing away at the metal with my pliers. But eventually they came off.

Priming this was challenging.

I sealed the base with a heavy layer of gloss sealer later on.

Invoking more green stuff, this time for the cape, blanket edges and the harnesses.

I used the cap on one of my new brushes to support the rolled up corner of the cape overnight otherwise it would have fallen flat. I smeared it with vaseline so it wouldn't stick and become a problem once the green stuff dried.

Sculpted the edges of the blanket because just painting the dangly threads on the mammoth looked flat and most unsatisfactory.

I think I'll name her Shen. And have her wreck havoc for my players in my D&D campaigns.

I don't have photos for the harnesses because after staring at this mini for so long I got dizzy and had to lie down. And then I forgot to take pics and I finished the piece. The harnesses are just twisted long strips of green stuff. I measured the distance from the tusk to the hand and then made them and let them dry before attaching them.

Hope you enjoyed this build :)

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here's a nightmarish model I completed last night. Dark Heaven Legends 02896, Aserlis the Liche King was sculpted by Werner Klocke. All painted with Reaper MSP paint.

• By Glitterwolf
      Female Spectre from EPIC Miniatures
      Printed on Elegoo Mars
      Elegoo Grey Resin.

WIP:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-lords-and-ladies-of-death-by-glitterwolf/page/14/#comments

Once she was loved, then betrayed and murdered in cold blood.
      He got away with it and to keep up appearances he laid flowers on her grave.
      Thinking he could be happy with his new found love, keeping it a secret for now.
      In a while he would "meet a new girl" again and nobody would ever suspect the truth.

One last time to play the grieving widower, he walked to her grave with some flowers in hand.
      Some other visitors looked at him, feeling sorrow for his loss.
      He smiled inside, if only they knew.

The others left the cemetary.
      He laid down the flowers, no need to hang around if nobody was around.
      Besides he was longing for his new girl, one more look at the tombstone, a shame she wouldn't let him go.
      He had to free himself from her, too bad it had to end this way.
      Goodbye! He whispered and turned around.

Oh, don't go yet! He heard a whispering voice say.
      A cold wind blew around his neck, he turned around and saw her ghost emerging from the grave.
      Two shiny daggers in her hands.
      You'll stay with me...forever!

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi there.  I've got a boney baddie for you all today.  I was disappointed by the official mini offerings for a Skull Lord (a skeletal warrior with 3 heads), and it seemed like the perfect candidate for a bit of conversion.  A few citadel skulls later and...

For the observant viewer, you'll notice the Skeletal Champion's original head at the bottom of the bone pile.  His skull was a bit too bulky compared to the citadel skulls and the sculpt didn't really leave enough room for three heads so I had to cut away some of the shoulder armor.

All said, this was a pretty simple conversion and will make for a fun fight in the future.

To see more of my winter-themed minis, check out my Frostrun Project HERE.
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)