Sign in to follow this  
TitanZero

Custom Sculpt - Lich with a flaming skull - General Mo'Phier

And now, by request, I present a lich with a flaming skull.

Flavor Text:

After the cultists opened the rift, and were promptly eaten, all manner of strange beast came though. Most fearsome were the Liches, commanders of the undead.  The fed from the fresh battlegrounds and quickly the Rebels and Redcoats formed an easy peace to take on this new threat.

post-14724-0-31857600-1457148249_thumb.jpg

post-14724-0-30176900-1457148250_thumb.jpg

post-14724-0-26831500-1457148251_thumb.jpg

post-14724-0-20987000-1457148252.jpg

post-14724-0-81265700-1457148252.jpg

post-14724-0-74608600-1457148253.jpg

• Like 8

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Thrym
      Tor Skullcrusher,
      dwarven tattooed monk
      A Thrym Project  :: A Custom Miniature developed on Hero Forge and 3D printed by a friend.

Started working on character of mine who is a Dwarven Tattooed Monk.  As I mentioned, I created him using Hero Forge, downloaded the .STL, and had him printed elsewhere.

I enjoy using the interface on Hero Forge so far.  I have designed and purchased 3 STLs and 2 minis.

Once I received the print, I made a manual adjustment to his skull.  An ironic happenstance, given the character's name.

Tor, being a dwarf and confident in his skills against ogres was going toe-to-toe with a rather large ogre with a great club.  This is not something unusual so far.  The party had been exploring an ogre controlled encampment searching for an item and information for a tribe of centaurs nearby.  Unfortunately, Tor suffered a critical hit from the Ogre Champion's club and took a lot of damage when he was already near unconsciousness.  He effectively had his namesake applied to his own noggin.

So I removed a large segment of his skull by the patch to approximate the results of his disfigurement once the party ... eventually ... managed to raise him from the dead.  His demeanor and appearance was never pleasing to begin with and now it's even worse.

I painted on a primer coat first so I could see where I was removing plastic better.  The majority of the work was done with a rounded mini-file as well as a small gouge chisel.  I cleaned up the space with a small sanding twig.

For a color scheme, his pallid skin is Reaper's Fair Skin.  The coat is Army Painter's D&D Vampire Garments with Army Painter D&D Mouldy Wash.  I put the wash over his skin and his hand wraps as well.  The coat's trim is just the Vampire Garments again.

For the tans I used Reaper's Desert Sand, Desert Stone, Desert Tan, and Woodland Brown; or some combination thereof.  The eye patch, the lining of the coat and the belt are Army Painter's D&D Wraith Black as well as the tattoos on his right and left forearms and the side of his head.

His boots started out as Reaper's Coal Black but I need to reshake the bottle before going back to it.

Yes, I know the pics and the paint wash are a little dark, but the next set of pics will be better lit.  I am planning on layering his highlights up to brighter points. 

More work to come soon.

Stay Tuned and Safe.  Enjoy.
    • By Restless
      This is a bunch of minis in one. I was looking at my pygmy mammoth mini a couple of months ago and I just felt the need to dangle something from its tusks. I found some little bottles I had bought years ago from a Michaels or Joann and the rest of the ideas followed smoothly. I chopped some phosphorescent plastic from a little dino model you find in Fred Meyer and put those in the bottles and they do glow in the dark. I wasn't able to take a good photo of that, alas. I first saw the idea of a large pack animal with lanterns on it, traveling into an uncertain world, years ago when I saw this art: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/7638820 and fell in love with it.

List of materials
      - Pygmy mammoth https://www.reapermini.com/search/mammoth/latest/44111
      - Shadoweyes Catfolk rogue https://www.reapermini.com/search/cat rogue/latest/44118
      - Adventuring accessories https://www.reapermini.com/search/02638
      - Adventuring accessories II https://www.reapermini.com/search/02963
      - green stuff (I used the silicone sculpting brushes and vaseline to get this level of detail)
      - little bottles from Michaels or Joann
      - phosphorescent plastic (I used the plastic support for the dino pieces from JARU, Inc. Dino World Glow Fossils - no dino pieces were harmed in the making of this mini)

Here are more close up photos.

And here is the making process.

He even has a uvula :)

I chopped off the platform and the swords from the rogue cat. And then I cut off its legs and tail so i could reposition them on top of the mammoth.

And then I summoned the green stuff.

It was really hard to detach the sacks from their metal anchor. I was basically chewing away at the metal with my pliers. But eventually they came off.

Priming this was challenging.

I sealed the base with a heavy layer of gloss sealer later on.

Invoking more green stuff, this time for the cape, blanket edges and the harnesses.

I used the cap on one of my new brushes to support the rolled up corner of the cape overnight otherwise it would have fallen flat. I smeared it with vaseline so it wouldn't stick and become a problem once the green stuff dried.

Sculpted the edges of the blanket because just painting the dangly threads on the mammoth looked flat and most unsatisfactory.

I think I'll name her Shen. And have her wreck havoc for my players in my D&D campaigns.

I don't have photos for the harnesses because after staring at this mini for so long I got dizzy and had to lie down. And then I forgot to take pics and I finished the piece. The harnesses are just twisted long strips of green stuff. I measured the distance from the tusk to the hand and then made them and let them dry before attaching them.

Hope you enjoyed this build :)

• By Glitterwolf
      77636: Death Shroud and Ironwind Metals Female Necromancer.
      A Micro Art Studio Base and Table Top Art Book and Candle.

WIP:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-night-by-glitterwolf/

Taletha knew she was ready, she had studied the grimoire, practiced the ritual over and over again.
      She would call upon the Spiritworld and ask for a champion to avenge her parents.
      Power surged through her when she spoke the forbidden words, a cold wind blew her candle out and suddenly the spirit appeared.

• By Glitterwolf
      For my Children of the Night Project I'm building a Gothic style Undead army with some Demon allies.

Here is the Necropolis Command Group I will use as a Command for a regiment later.

WIP
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-night-by-glitterwolf/

• By Glitterwolf
      RocketPig Miniatures.
      3D printed on Elegoo Mars.

Necromera.
      Part of my Children of the Night Project.
      WIP Here:

It's night, it rains and it seems everybody in this forsaken town has closed their doors and windows.
      Even the Inn seems to be closed, why?
      One would think the villagers are afraid of something.

You hear the sound of wings in the dark sky above you.
      Suddenly you hear a soft voice:
      All alone in the dark? How nice!

You turn around and the last thing you see is the Necromera.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 2 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)