Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/66365-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2016-chatterquestions/
All the information you need should be here.

Your challenge is: 5

Bonus Challenge: The Fools' Guild.

This bonus challenge is a LITTLE strange for most. Yes it's a bonus theme, but, if you do this, I'll let it count for 1 each March AND April regardless of size.
Please tag it as "Foolsguild" when you post it so I can find it easier as well.

The idea here to paint a mini of any genre that has an absolutely, positively, horribly stupid banner/color scheme/etc for what they're doing. Say you have the pulp ninja - paint him tye-die. Or maybe It's a townsfolk like the barkeep whose apron says "Try the burritos" (which we ALL know is a trap.) And a personal favorite of mine: "Order of the Eye" the tabard insignia is a bullseye.

HOWEVER - I'm also challenging you to write a story on -why- they belong to the Fools' Guild. I'll personally be going with the Order of the Eye....yeah It's pretty stupid to have your front and back emblazoned with a bullseye. But I'll make a story for it.

I don't normally make extra requirements for the mini like a story, but that's part of the 1 per month count. Even better if we can drop them all in the show-off on April First.

A friendly reminder again to use "RPChallenge" in the tags for show-off to help them be found easier.

Feather me yon oaf!

Ale Cuisine!

You kids have fun!

I look forward to seeing what y'all think of for this one. Go nuts y'all.

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 3

March will be Dungeon Saga month.

We will see how many I get to finish, I probably will not have all that much time to paint this month. I aim to at least get the basic game set with the heroes and the undead done. Maybe also a set of furniture.

4. Dungeon Saga: Heroes of the Base game set

8. Dungeon Saga: 4 other Heroes, the Banshee and 3 Skeletons

4. Dungeon Saga: 4 more Heroes

1. Dungeon Saga: Bael the Undead Demon

3. Dungeon Saga: Valandor, Mortibris the Necromancer and not-Drizzt

6. Dungeon Saga: Ghosts and Zombies

5. Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King Grund (deceased), Tyrant King Blaine, and 3 Zombies

2. Nazi Zombies

Painted so far this month: 33

Painted so far this year: 135

Edited by Maledrakh

Placeholder.

FoolsGuild :: Village Idiot made from Bretonnian sprues. Based on: 

e2669a6bad62d28b3bce0059a149d7b088ca.gif (sigh)

I always wanted to model up TVI. Now is my chance.

Other possibilities :: 4-5 Ships, 4 more archers, 5-6 Skinks

But, what really happened is I found the stash of plastic Bretonnian archers and during March Games Workshop sent the entire model line of Bretonnians OOP. They don't sell them anymore.

::(: 

Also, in old news, they previously blew up the entire planet that contained Bretonnia.

:down: 

So, I attempted to paint half-a-dozen Bretonnian archers as ghosts:

6 Archers for March.

Edited by TGP

Placeholder

1: Khael Stonekindle

2-5: CAV:SO Dingos(4)

Afraid I got behind due to stuff this month so didn't even attempt the challenge piece.

I did get the second Dwarf painted, but he isn't based yet so I'll wait until he's complete and post him in April.

Edited by Jasper_the_2nd

Placeholder: 

4 exchange minis. 

I am always up for whimsical miniatures.  I will see what I can come up with. 

1. Gnoll  http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/67939-red-beard-ogre-chieftain/#entry1339728

2. Ogre Chief  http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/67938-77104-blacktongue-gnoll-archer/#entry1339724

3  exchange minis: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/68190-02965-bakarathi-hunter-spring-exchange/

4-6 for exchange. NOPE 

6. Challege NOPE 

blew this one. 

Edited by Evilhalfling

I think I've already met this month's goal.  So nice to be done early.  That said, I'm going to try and push well beyond.  Although I'm quite entertained by the idea, I've no ideas for the Fool's Guild challenge yet.  I'll have to look at the figures I've got and see if any inspiration strikes.

Pictures and count to follow.

• Like 1

Placeholder. Got several Shelf of Imagination minis lined up, and one exchange figure. :)

EDIT: No painting got done.  -_-

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot

Mkay, going for these at least (still WIP list)

1. Sammy LaCroix (Malifaux Gremlin) - done!

2. Spring Exchange Mini - done!

3. More Space Marines - done!

4. Wyrd's Iron Painter Round 1 - done!

5. bonus? not gonna make it :( just couldn't seem to come up with any ideas, will have to try again next time!

Edited by Guildenstern
  • Like 1

Well failed for February.... :down:

This will be Demons and Devils month, working on Fractured Dimensions minis....

So Bringing the rest forward...

Done:

1. Balto Burrowell
  2. FD Bar-Igura (x3)(OPDM41)
  3. FD Bodak (OPDV34)
  4. JR Miniatures Tents (x2)

Working on:

1. Balto Burrowell (02510)
  2. FD Bodak (OPDV34)

3. FD Bar-Igura (x3)(OPDM41)
  4. FD Barbhast Devils (x3)(OPDV23)
  5. JR Miniatures Tents (x2) (Add on)

George

Edited by knarthex

Placeholder. 

I have an exchange mini to get out, then this month will likely see paint for my Dwarven Forge City Builder pledge and then...if I can get that done, I may try my hand at starting to paint Cthulhu Wars. 

ETA: Got the stone pieces completed - http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/67808-dwarven-forge-city-builder-terrain/?p=1338378

Edited by Talae
  • Like 1