WIP - Lenore, The Enchantress of Evermore (Hasslefree Miniatures)

This is the WIP for Lenore, The Enchantress of Evermore from Hasslefree Miniatures (HFMASTER H110 Resin Master - Dynamic Lenore).

Anyhow, I was looking at Lenore this weekend and even pulled her out of my collection and set her aside on my desk. I knew I wanted to paint her, but wasn't sure HOW to paint her up. Then today, I am browsing Facebook and this epic picture pops up of what I assume to be a really good cosplayer and BOOM! I know exacly how I want to paint up this figure.

Dynamic Lenore Figure:

H104%20Dynamic%20Lenore%20composite.jpg

Inspiration Pic:

12801613_575104095976063_502200576149419

Now I'm not sure if I'm going to attempt to paint this in the white dress as the inspiration picture shows, but I'm definitely going to do the blue hair and white/blue skin tones as those are what got me most excited about this project. I will do a winter/snow themed scenic base for sure, but I'm not yet sure if I'll add more figures to the scene to make it a vignette or diorama.

Thanks for looking and joining me on this journey, I hope to get your feedback, comments, critiques, ideas, and advice as I go along!

• Like 22
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The hood is integrated with the rest of the figure? If so, the face (especially her eyes) is going to be tricky.  Or you could go for the shadowed effect where eyes are not seen clearly.  What's your plan?  Otherwise, she looks like an excellent model for a skilled painter like you to have fun with.

• Like 1

The hood is integrated with the rest of the figure? If so, the face (especially her eyes) is going to be tricky.  Or you could go for the shadowed effect where eyes are not seen clearly.  What's your plan?  Otherwise, she looks like an excellent model for a skilled painter like you to have fun with.

It's all 1 piece, nothing to attach at all for this figure. It's resin, very nicely detailed.

I'll have to look under that hood at the eyes, if they aren't even visible, I'll just do them in shadow, if they are visible, I can use a smaller brush and work my magic under the hood. ::D:

• Like 2

Your subject and your inspiration are lovely.  Your inspiration happens to have a nice example of painting pure whites too.  Good find.

Loooove already! ::D: Cool inspiration and an amazing mini to work on! 

I'll be eager to see how this turns out!

Am I the only one who thinks the mini would also work as Raven of Teen Titans fame? Not that you should do that. Your idea is great. Just struck me.

Thanks!

@Sirgourls, sorry not familiar with Raven or Teen Titans, but I encourage you to get this figure and paint her up like that if it inspires you ::D:

Can't wait to get started on this tonight, I'll probably get her cleaned and prepped and primed white and while that is drying I'll start work on her scenic basing. She's obviously in the middle of casting a spell...

Any thoughts from anyone on what KIND of spell effect I should go for here? What kind of things should be happening on the base and/or to an enemy?

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 2

Any thoughts from anyone on what KIND of spell effect I should go for here? What kind of things should be happening on the base and/or to an enemy?

Her pose gives me a levitation type of spell effect vibe.

Ok, I admit, my first thought was lightening fingers a la the emperor in Star Wars, but she's much too nice for that kind of evilness.

• Like 3

Her pose gives me a levitation type of spell effect vibe.

Ok, I admit, my first thought was lightening fingers a la the emperor in Star Wars, but she's much too nice for that kind of evilness.

I like that, what would  you thinks she should be levitating? Some big ice block or rock?

HAHA! Yeah, she does have that kinda pose doesn't she? 

• Like 2

I also got a levitation/raising kind of feel from it.  Raising up/creating an elemental?

... Giant snow crystal castle a la Frozen?  :devil:

Hmm... I don't have any water/ice elementals, but I do have a few crystals, maybe hinting at something being raised from the ground that is water/ice related?

Hehe, I've seen Frozen 1x with my nieces, wasn't too impressed it didn't hold my attention like it does theirs. ::P:

• Like 2

If you're going full winter theme, she could be the babe that makes everything cold and crystally when night falls.... could have frost coming from her fingers, and a frost pattern spiderwebbing from her feet onto a lake that's freezing over....

• Like 4

I think an ice block or mini-iceberg levitation would be cool to make (and see).

If you're going full winter theme, she could be the babe that makes everything cold and crystally when night falls.... could have frost coming from her fingers, and a frost pattern spiderwebbing from her feet onto a lake that's freezing over....

Oh yeah! Great idea!

• Like 3

I think an ice block or mini-iceberg levitation would be cool to make (and see).

Maybe... BOTH! ::D:

• Like 3