Sign in to follow this  
ub3r_n3rd

WIP - Lenore, The Enchantress of Evermore (Hasslefree Miniatures)

I like the idea you have going here. By doing her in white will she stand out enough from the base?

I think and hope so! The base will have more colors (blues/browns) than her and I'm planning a bit of freehand or at the very least some trim on her dress or cloak.

• Like 1

I very much look forward to seeing your tree and warm and cool (fire/ice theme). You always tell such awesome stories with your scenes.

Now the rest feel free to ignore as you wish it's just my opinion and could very much be wrong. 😉

Your white needs a little oomph, I would like to see you mix your dusky skin with a bit of blue for your deep shadows and to help tie your blue and white together. Right now for me there is too much disconnect between the two. I really like her midsection around the folds on her belly and her hood your blends there are much softer than the rest of the white.

For her belt I would recommend a silver NMM with blue overtones. Ooh or maybe blue gems with silver accents. The arm wraps are harder maybe a grey I would think the dusky skin triad would work here as well with shading down to Reapers blue liner. The buckles could be the same silver NMM as the belt and clasp for the cloak.

Have you thought about freehanding corset style lacing on her chest? It would allow you to not need to blend as smooth and bring some of your blue into her dress with lacing and cording.

Edited by Marsya
  • Like 2

I'm following this one now. Can't wait to see what you come up with for her. Having read through the entire saga in one sitting here, I'm sad to see her dunked, but glad you have a better picture moving forward. 

Don't feel bad about dunking one. I have about 50 zombicide minis that need dunked and done up properly. :)

• Like 1

I'm following this one now. Can't wait to see what you come up with for her. Having read through the entire saga in one sitting here, I'm sad to see her dunked, but glad you have a better picture moving forward. 

Don't feel bad about dunking one. I have about 50 zombicide minis that need dunked and done up properly. :)

Thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying the ride ::D:

I've got some more work done tonight and took most of Marsya's advice and added a bit more to her.

First off, I went ahead and added some Blue and Dusky Skin to the shadows a bit more, I used Shaded Metallics in order to do the belt, buckles, and cloak chain. I used TMM for the new trim along her cloak that goes all the way around. I feel it helps bring it up a bit and ties everything in together a bit better. I also did the corset front, had to paint in her breasts and the skin tones, so basically gave her 2x as much skin coverage as before.

Let me know what you all think!

post-7987-0-01810800-1458622942_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-02372500-1458622943_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-03336100-1458622944_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-08118400-1458622945_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Oh hell yeah. Dipping her was the right call. You're on it now buddy!

She's looking very hot.. err.. cold. Dang, now I'm all confused. :)

Thanks!

BWAHAHAHAH!  :lol:

maybe use realistic water effects to turn the paperclip into an icicle dangling from the ice shard!

maybe use realistic water effects to turn the paperclip into an icicle dangling from the ice shard!

I was also thinking that will be something I try to do, but it may not be required if I'm able to cleverly hide it behind falling earth debris and roots and ice/snow. 

You may be able to get some icicle action, dangling down the edges to help hide the wire.  Looking cool so far.

• Like 1

Icicles will definitely be added to the base before it's all said and done. I sculpted a whole tree the other day, but I'm trying to decide if I like it enough to add it to the scene for Shimmer to be hanging out on. I'll have to take pics of it to show everyone and get feedback on whether or not I should re-do it a bit differently.

• Like 1