knarthex

Rosemary & Co Brushes Questions

I had a Canadian package sit in customs for 2 weeks recently.  No reason I could see why even as it was not even opened.  It was a package of about 20 figures and was clearly labeled with the correct forms and value.

So who knows what whim they keep items under.

• Like 1

Well, apparently I will not see these brushes.  Rejected for clearance by US Customs.

From Rosemary

I'm really sorry but the USA FWS has denied release of your shipment due to us not being able to produce the paperwork and certificates they require from us as a brush maker, this has never happened before.
In order for the shipment to be returned to us please can you send just one sentence to <redacted>
stating you want the goods to be returned to us, otherwise they are seized and destroyed. In the meantime please let us know if you require a refund or for us to send an alternative to you ? If you prefer a phone call please let us know a time and #. We sincerely apologise for this situation and can assure you we have done our best to help. the USA is the only Country we deal with who requires such paperwork ! Apologies !!!! Kind regards Rosemary

Anyone ever see that?

I've never seen that before, or heard about it happening.  I got an order from them less than a month ago.  There was that big kerfuffle about paperwork a year or so ago, but it didn't seem to affect any orders from Rosemary & Co.  They're probably being honest when they say it's never happened to them before.

Yeah, that's weird. Maybe an agent not up to speed on the paperwork thing? We've been getting a bunch of orders here in the US just in this thread.

• Like 3

It sounds like the documentation required by the USA regs has not been produced by R&Co.  Have they somehow been slipping through the cracks all this time, not realizing they needed those documents to sell their brushes in the USA?  

Meanwhile, other brush companies seem to have taken care of those documents.  After a long period of time where their brushes were hard to find in the USA, they were readily available last time I checked.

I hope this is a mistake on the part of US Customs, but it is not clear from the quote above what has happened differently.

I've had multiple orders go through, so I'm not sure whether this is one agent's screw up or if they didn't understand the nature of products that Rosemary & Co. made up until now? It's nice that you can get a refund, at least.

• Like 1

Agreed.  Rosemary & Co's customer service has been nothing but exemplary.   I'm just disappointed.  I was hoping for some sharp new brushed for ReaperCon!

• Like 2

I've been using their series 33 size 0 and the belly is pretty small. I'm not sure it really suits my style. I'm used to the fatter series 7 that don't require a rinse and refill every couple strokes. So far it's holding up though no hooking. So I'd recommend them i will just get them slightly larger in size than I would in a w&n s7.