knarthex

Rosemary & Co Brushes Questions

Seeing everyone getting on the Brexit bargain hunting, any recommended online sources?

Better to ask that in the Acquistions thread. This is a thread for R&Co brushes.

That's what I'm asking about.

Are you people ordering from the company itself or some other third party source? I ask this because usually shipping costs can instantly kill what seems like a good deal.

Ordering from Rosemary & Co.

No brush I ordered was more than $5.25 US

My total for 7 brushes and shipping was US $45

Series 33

1x2

0x2

2/0

3/0

I have test driven them all, and I am quite impressed with them.

I may do a stock up order after I get paid again. ..

• Like 3

Ordering direct from R&Co.

Sorry I thought you were asking a general question about all types of vendors/stores/manufacturing companies.

• Like 1

After being burned trying to order brushes from Amazon I've been very happy with the packaging that R&C puts on their brushes. I think I've done 4 orders and each one has been perfect with plastic tips on the brushes and lightly taped to cardboard to keep them from rattling around. You do need to order about 3 brushes before the shipping cost becomes reasonable on a per-brush basis, but they were affordable even when the exchange was awful.

I'm really tempted to order a few spares...

• Like 2

After reading this I decided to order a handful of brushes. I've mostly been using brushes from Hobby Lobby so far and $36 for 5 brushes after shipping isn't a whole lot more than what I pay for those so I figured why not.

• Like 4

After reading this I decided to order a handful of brushes. I've mostly been using brushes from Hobby Lobby so far and $36 for 5 brushes after shipping isn't a whole lot more than what I pay for those so I figured why not.

Awesome! You'll really like them. Good brushes can really make a huge difference in your painting, they are a fantastic tool.

• Like 3

Awesome! You'll really like them. Good brushes can really make a huge difference in your painting, they are a fantastic tool.
I've been thinking about it for a while with Raphael's and Da Vinci's but I haven't talked myself into clicking the buy button yet. With these I'm getting twice as many brushes for about the same cost. Makes it easier to give them a try.
  • Like 3

I've been thinking about it for a while with Raphael's and Da Vinci's but I haven't talked myself into clicking the buy button yet. With these I'm getting twice as many brushes for about the same cost. Makes it easier to give them a try.

Actually even with shipping you are paying about 1/3 the cost per brush. $50 gets you 3 brushes from the other companies and 7-9 R&Co brushes.

• Like 2

Actually even with shipping you are paying about 1/3 the cost per brush. $50 gets you 3 brushes from the other companies and 7-9 R&Co brushes.

Another notch in the barbarians enabled spreadsheet...

• Like 3

Just for fun I looked at dickblick and 2 Raphael size 2 brushes cost more than the brushes I got even after shipping.

See? I told you! ::P:

• Like 1