knarthex

Rosemary & Co Brushes Questions

So we've talked about their Kolinsky brushes.  What about anything they make of lesser grade for other tasks) like dry brushing, etc)?

And other brush styles like flats and filberts?

I grabbed a mongoose filbert to try out for it, haven't used it yet tho.

So we've talked about their Kolinsky brushes.  What about anything they make of lesser grade for other tasks) like dry brushing, etc)?

Once you exclude Kolinsky sable brushes, I'd assume any other brush would be competitive to the ones we already have around here.

• Like 1

Once you exclude Kolinsky sable brushes, I'd assume any other brush would be competitive to the ones we already have around here.

But I don't want to use something that expensive for something like dry brushing!  That kills the brush fast.  So why my question on what other types they sell people have used if I'm putting an order in.

Oh, edited as I just saw the "exclude"!  

Edited by Harrek
  • Like 1

One of my currently most used brush is a filbert, a pointed one. Not for drybrushing though. Saw James Wappel using one decided to give it a go. I got a synthetic one so the tip is already ruined but I used it for basecoating.

• Like 1

I was watching a YouTube tutorial last night and the guy was using R&C brushes so I decided to try them out.

Anytime I order new brushes I end up going back to my Raphael's in the end. Will update after I give them a try :)

Got the 33s in 0, 1, 2 since I wasn't sure which size I would like

• Like 3

I liked the ones I got in.  Though Raph's have a larger belly than the R&C 33's.  Though since I tend to wick most of the paint out when layering that shouldn't be an issue, except for base coating or large area painting.  The points are really much finer than the either of the others of the same size I've tried.  So they will make a fine detail brush.

• Like 4

To my North American compatriots, how long did it take to ship/receive your order?

It's one of the few times I can expect US and Canada shipping times to be roughly similar (assuming you live near a large metro area).

• Like 1

I paid the extra $2 for tracking DHL service and mine are supposed to arrive monday

I live in the city so I always pay for tracking when available just incase....

• Like 2

To my North American compatriots, how long did it take to ship/receive your order?

It's one of the few times I can expect US and Canada shipping times to be roughly similar (assuming you live near a large metro area).

7-8 total days here, was very fast. I'd assume a tad bit longer for you Canadians tho.

• Like 1

7-8 total days here, was very fast. I'd assume a tad bit longer for you Canadians tho.

The tracking doesn't update very often