knarthex

Rosemary & Co Brushes Questions

Day 16...

Have you contacted them?

If it was me, I'd give 3 weeks total and then contact, sometimes international packages can take up to 3 weeks to be received depending where they are going in the world. If they don't show up by then, R&Co should send a replacement and file a claim on their end for the lost package.

I've had a package wait for 4 weeks before going through customs...

(That was a Reaper package even, containing a certain DVD set with Anne & Jen. That was a painful wait)

• Like 4

I got in touch with customer support and evidently the Spanish detour was unscheduled. The brushes have been spotted in new York allegedly. Maybe stopped by for a slice.

Reminds me of the time I ordered something on Amazon and my package did a couple tours of the Midwest and western US before finding its way home.

• Like 4

I've currently got a package from Canada (me living right across the river from it) stuck in customs.  Been there more than a week.  It's a single miniature that was not sent to me from a KS that I backed.  So nothing large or dangerous looking.  I think the Detroit customs people are playing with it personally.  And no idea how I can contact anyone to see why it's held up.  It's not important when I get it, so I'm in no hurry.  But just seems funny they hold this up when I receive items here from all over the world (between my wife and my online shopping) and never had any hold up.

• Like 2

I've currently got a package from Canada (me living right across the river from it) stuck in customs.  Been there more than a week.  It's a single miniature that was not sent to me from a KS that I backed.  So nothing large or dangerous looking.  I think the Detroit customs people are playing with it personally.  And no idea how I can contact anyone to see why it's held up.  It's not important when I get it, so I'm in no hurry.  But just seems funny they hold this up when I receive items here from all over the world (between my wife and my online shopping) and never had any hold up.

Harrek,

I find the small packages are the ones that get "lost" in customs.  I suspect it is in a bin and someone keeps putting other stuff on top of it so it gets delayed.  I have had the same experience where a box got held up for almost a month coming from the uk... it was small.  while my friends order from the same place which shipped later by about three weeks arrived before mine.  When mine did arrive it looked like it had taken a rough tramp steamer across the pond!

That is the mysterious way of customs.

• Like 2

I got in touch with customer support and evidently the Spanish detour was unscheduled. The brushes have been spotted in new York allegedly. Maybe stopped by for a slice.

Reminds me of the time I ordered something on Amazon and my package did a couple tours of the Midwest and western US before finding its way home.

On a plus note I paid the additional 2 pounds for DHL delivery of my brushes and got my order 4 days after I placed the order.  so yea! and kudos for DHL for getting deliveries on time

I like the new pure sable brush design for series 99/101/92.  Its a nice comfortable design and it has a comfortable grip as well as flats that prevent the brush from rolling away. ::): 

And I have a  new stock of mongoose again so I am most happy ::D:

• Like 2

It will probably show up already painted by some talented customs officer.

• Like 3

OK, OK, I placed an order! Sheesh you guys are so demanding!

BWHAHAHAHAHHA!

Good.... GOOOOOOD!

Am I the only holdout? Still saying no, as my bills must ge paid.

:down:

• Like 2

Nope. I have enough brushes from other companies for now. When I start to wear them down enough, I'll consider R&C, though.

• Like 2

I still haven't ordered anything from them.

One of the reasons is that I'm also looking at their other lines and wondering if any specific bristle material would act well as a "scrubber" to fix those stray strokes before they dry. Currently I use a short synthetic flat or filbert with water, but maybe a small stiff hog hair brush could work better (or some other hair material).

Shame I can't feel the brushes in hand.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 2

:down:
BWHAHAHAHAHHA!

/Practicing being evil. Sorry.

• Like 2

You use what you use. I have tried W&N brushes twice. The first time the point split on me and wouldn't reform. The second time the brush developed stray bristles throughout its lifetime. If I am spending that kind of money for a brush, I expect better performance and quality control.

Now top it off with the fact that I like the snap and flow from mongoose better than Sable to the lower cost and the Rosemary brushes become a very quick favorite ::): but if you use a brush and like the feel than that is the brush you should be using

• Like 3