Sign in to follow this  
hosercanadian

Nakayama Hayato as the Silver Samurai

Here is one of my latest super hero figures, a speed paint of the Silver Samurai.

I saw a few details were soft on the Bones version, but I was very impressed with this fig.  Yes, I see I missed a few mold lines, I didn't see most of them until I started painting and only cleaned up the most obvious ones at that point.  The Bones sword being anchored at two points made it practically impossible to straighten.  I will likely pick one up in metal down the road to paint as a traditional samurai.

Comments appreciated, a very quick speed paint, I elected to go for vibrant stylized equipment instead of realism as I was already trying to elicit the stylized silver used in comics already.

More pics and ramblings on my blog.

post-13289-0-15788200-1457827591_thumb.jpg

post-13289-0-49978600-1457827592_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Neptune1999
      This finally gave me something to use my larger Games Workshop skulls on. I may try to give his hair another highlight of something brighter, as it looks pretty dull at the moment. A fun evil mage that I hope to use as a boss battle one day.

• By Glitterwolf
      This is Bones Nakayama Hayato Iconic Samurai.
      I found his details a bit crude and decided to paint it as a statue for my Nippon Project.

Speed Paint with the Reaper Stone Triad.
      Scale 75 Decayed Metal, P3 Molten Bronze and Vallejo Verdigris.

WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/&page=10&tab=comments#comment-1829761

There is a legend that deep in the woods around Kyoto there stands a statue of one of Nippon's greatest warriors.
      If one would find it and paid respect to it the statue might bestow luck on that person.
      It is also believed that when the Empire is in dire need, the statue will come to life to fight once more to protect Nippon.

• By AutumnHare
      I finally finished all the Pathfinder Iconics.  (Until Bones 4 arrives.)

Some of them turned out great, and for some, the best I can say is that they arent much worse than a pre-paint would be. 

Either way, these guys will be called into service whenever a generic NPC is required. 

89038 Oloch, Warpriest

89037 Quinn, Investigator

89036 Reiko, Ninja

89017 Imrijka, Inquisitor

89018 Sajan, Monk

89019 Nakayama Hayato, Samurai

89020 Harsk, Ranger and 77216 Biter, Badger

89022 Alahazra, Oracle

89023 Balazar, Summoner

89025 Alain, Cavalier

89027 Lini, Druid and Droogami, 77216 Snow Leopard

89034 Crowe, Bloodrager

And lastly a group shot of all the Iconics, including the ones from Bones 1:

• By Pochi
      Evilhalfling was my exchange recipient for the Spring Exchange. He asked for something with an Asian flair. I thought this guy had a lot of character and would be fun to paint. I was right....mostly! He had a little metal bump on his right eye that I didn't know was there until I was painting eyes. It kept catching the paint and making him look cross eyed no matter how many times I tried to fix it. So....he got a gnarly scar and a blind eye! That'll teach him!

I put a little magnet on the bottom so he can be swapped out with O-Sayumi (the other mini I painted) on the little display base. I wanted to do some freehand on his coat but I couldn't find a pattern or design that I liked and thought I could pull off. He did get a tiny Yin Yang symbol on his belt though! His monkey is a Chinese Golden Monkey.

• Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)