"d-Bag" - A new kind of Dice Bag for more organized gamers

SamuraiJack

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Not sure why they don't show the bag with all its pockets outside the video.. https://ksr-video.imgix.net/projects/2182420/video-643227-h264_high.mp4 About this project

I love D&D 
6eb49efd4763203662164efaff9a32a0_originaDnD game

but digging though a bag for 3 d4 in the middle of combat... that sucks. You can dump out all the dice but...  

572d8f0ef7dcaad1d4e4b5efdd030649_originadumped dice

we have a 3 year old who likes to take dice.  

There is always toting around this 

08fb894ecadb50ebad0fa3fd0dc474d3_originaplastic organizer

But it needs to be flat and takes up valuable table space. 

I couldn't find a dice bag (or box) I liked so I made one. This drawstring bag looks classy and inside, it has 6 compartments to hold your d4, d6, d8, d10, d12 and d20 types of dice. It also has a flat space inside usable for storing a miniature during transport, or as a contained space for dice rolling during game.

You know what else takes a lot of dice? The WotC Star Wars Edge of the Empire system! Guess what.... It has 6 common dice types (plus the force die but you can just place the in the figurine section)

eb58aec335a0a68f8df5fca547db1513_originaWoC Star Wars dice
e0cb59275077dedc72415f983491dbe5_originaSamples of the fabricks I have now

Some of the bags I have so far 

08bf32e4bdee240fdeb1571490591eb7_originaRed Dragon
a2f7d3dd29b3db46b7885f53af9836bc_originathe quilted quicker tiddy upper
bd51e3acfc520aab5b1f9453f489044c_originaSpace!
075280bffaa40a69e91f786c31b50f2d_originamechanical pencil with eraser under the cap!

What are you going to do with these funds, you might ask. 

Goal $300: Prove product is viable, & cover costs.

Stretch goal $450: Open an Etsy shop

Stretch goal $650: Go to a local gaming con and test the market.

Stretch goal $1000: Double D - Everyone who pledged $15 or more gets a set of dice to go with there reward! And we take the d-bag to a second local gaming con.

Stretch goal $1500: Everyone who pledged $15 or more & chose to get a d-bag reward gets a monogram added to their d-bag and the aforementioned set of dice. And we take the d-bag to a third local gaming con. (monogram will be attached to the bag via a tag. Custom orders may have monogram on the bottom inside of the bag.)

Bigger stretch goal $2700: Everyone who pledged $15 or more & chose to get a d-bag reward gets a limited addition kick starter only pin and the aforementioned monogrammed tag added to there d-bag and a set of dice. And we go big or go home by taking the d-bag to Dragon Con!!!!

669e50364989ea8e183337cf48d176b4_originaRemember let your friends know you kicked a d-bag today by sharing this image. Also available as a bumper sticker!

Okay. Just back from actually reading the kickstarter page and it's a bit puzzling.

Why the very limited quantity available? Only 2 of the space bag and they're already gone?

6 of this back, 5 of that bag... And this kickstarter is running for almost 2 months? Why run such a lengthy kickstarter if your placing such strict limits on the rewards.

Something just isn't adding up here.

I'd be concerned they don't seem to have the production capability needed if they start adding more pledge levels.

• Like 1

I have one dice bag for my d6s (and a few old rub-a-crayon-to-make-the-numbers-show ones), and one for mostly d20s and several sets of other useful shapes.

This Kickstarter sounds a little vague in the thought-things-through region.

My brother got me one of these a while ago, they're like $10 on ebay and hold a ton of die (8"x8" roughly)s-l1600.jpg

Those are awesome! My kids have just been using them as mini-backpacks.

• Like 1

The bulk of my dice:

dice.jpg

The dice you see all go in the grey bag. The small dice bags, mostly color coded, all go in the black bag. The black can't hold much more. The grey still has room.

Over 1000 at last count about 13 years ago. I've acquired more since. :rolleyes:

Grey = Dice others can use

Black = No one else touches these dice.

Chinese silk lined in black velvet. Handmade by me. Still have the pattern.

Need to make another black one.

Edit: There's about two full bags missing from the picture because one is in my purse (yellow & green dice) and the others are still in their just-bought new containers. :lol:

Edited by Kheprera
  • Like 1

I have a plastic jar of "share" dice.

photo_zps5e0b18b1.jpg

And these are MY dice:

photo2_zpscfc027bb.jpg

Although there are 2 or 3 sets missing from the photo.

So yes, I can see the usefulness in the design of the D-bags, but I think the kickstarter needs some polishing up.

• Like 1

They're handmade and this is her first "manufacturing" KS (the previous one was for a burlesque show) so I think it's smart to limit production. It's not like she's funding for a steel mold that pops out dice bags...!

Edited by ced1106

I'm assuming the limited quantities are due to the fabric she has on hand. Since it seems like parts are already cut out she only has limited capabilities to make these.

Honestly looks like she should be setting up an Etsy shop instead of Kickstarter.

• Like 2

My dice bags all say Crown Royal on the side... kind of expensive, but they came with free booze!

(Crown Royal has custom monogrammed dice bags as well, but these do not come with the free booze. ::(: )

These... actually look like good bags, not something that would interest me, but I will let my good lady know - she has fewer dice than I, but cares for each one individually. ::P: ) (She... names them. Mine are just random number generators... on the other hand, her dice seem to like her more than my dice like me.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 7

My dice bags all say Crown Royal on the side... kind of expensive, but they came with free booze!

The Auld Grump

That was also my first thought.

97b9fc3416d059200c28f56a91043764.jpg

Personally, I still use the dice bag I made out of an old pair of denim jeans and a shoelace. That bag has lasted me over 20 years and is still going on strong.

My dice bag may not be fancy, but it's tough.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 4