Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Please Help Me Identify These Old School Figures -- Last One Solved! See Post 17

I could have sworn I already asked about these, but darned if I can find where.

I got given a handful of old school lead figures from a couple of generous sources. Some of them I figured out immediately what they were or lucked into info on the Lost Minis Wiki.

But these ones have me stumped, despite in some cases clear markings. May I ask for some help from the collective wisdom?

I believe most of these to date from no later than 1991 or so.

They have been primed and washed with a thinned brown to bring out detail.

1. Some sort of pretty early orc-goblins, no base markings (subsequently glued to pennies). I found pictures of them in a group image on ebay with information so inaccurate it was laughable.
Identified by K2h2m3 as from the Grenadier set AD&D 5002 "Monsters", Goblin w/ Axe and Goblin w/ Sword, 1980-1982
DSC_0024_zpsmobp1hnu.jpg

DSC_0026_zpsvyceou1r.jpg

2. (Central figure only) A wizard with upraised staff, manufacturer unknown, base markings unclear. He's the figure in the middle (the other four are identifiable as from the old Grenadier boxed set 5001, "Dungeon Explorers").
Identified by Rob Dean as from Heritage Models set 1302, "Evil Wizards and Ring Wraiths", FF2-A, sculptor unknown, circa. 1980?, no later than 1981-1982
DSC_0020-Bedlam_zpsu76yxmvp.jpg

DSC_0021_zpsevkbckjc.jpg

DSC_0395-BOG_zps87jdgsih.jpg

3. A witch, base markings "MP90" or "HP90" and something unclear
Identified by Xherman1964 as Metal Magic C1017c, "Witch with Cat", sculpted by Michael Immig, circa 1992.
DSC_0027BOG_zpsclk9jq1v.jpg

DSC_0028_zpsu5meljz2.jpg

4. Possibly an elf?
Identified by knarthex as Ral Partha 01-319, "Elf Thief 3 Stage" 319b (stage two), sculpted by Tom Meier, circa. 1986.
DSC_0036_zpsvjb2xmr5.jpg

DSC_0037_zpsyg3onzk4.jpg

5. An unusually tall for the time ninja, apparently signed "Ridolfi" on the bottom and with the possible date "90"

Identified by Bob Ridolfi as one of his earliest efforts with an extremely limited distribution, see post 17 below.

DSC_0031_zpspen7gbqi.jpg

DSC_0032_zpse85geqri.jpg

6. A fighter, possibly a paladin with a mace, very clearly marked "Grenadier 1991 A644" -- and I still can't find any information or visual confirmation on him!
Identified by alchemist as from the Grenadier set 1414 "Fighting Men Champions", sculpted by Mark Copplestone, 1991.
DSC_0033_zpszp6dswoa.jpg

DSC_0397-BOG_zpshuqbnp48.jpg

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 2

Your elf is Ral Partha

01-319 Elf Thief 3 stage-319b

Partha-3stage-319b.jpg

Can't help with the others....

George

• Like 4

The first two are Grenadier from the set 5002:Monsters. The second one appears to have markings similar to Heritage Miniatures. The very last one has Grenadier markings.

• Like 3

The ninja figure looks a fair amount like a Leading Edge Games figure (base style and sculpting style), but no guarantees and I can't find it under LEG's listings.

• Like 3

I miss the ral partha D&D line ... supposedly all the molds were destroyed.

That's what I have heard...

We should have a trial for crimes against great minis...

• Like 4

At least one of the giants went on to live at Lance & Laser.- Sandra Garrity's Cloud Giant.

There were some real gems in the line - my favorite was that the barrel furniture and one of the mimics were interchangeable.

The Auld Grump - somehow my Ral Partha Ogre Mage ended up with butterfly wings....

• Like 2

OP updated with ID information, thanks everyone!

Only the "Ridolfi" ninja remains unidentified.

• Like 2

Man, do I miss Grenadier minis. I know some are still available, but I still miss the company...

Damon.

A lot is available through Mirliton. And Evilbay has most others shown up too.

OP updated with ID information, thanks everyone!

Only the "Ridolfi" ninja remains unidentified.

Which reminds me that Mr Ridolfi sculpted part of the Clan War line.

He could be from that.

Anyone got a catalogue from that line??

• Like 1

Its true, Ral Partha lost the licence for their AD&D line and at least the production molds were destroyed. That doesn't mean that the masters aren't still around but they would be unable to produce them anyway.

• Like 1