Sign in to follow this  
Oakydeer

New to Reaper Forums! Come say hi to a noob!

Hi there everyone! Oakydeer here, and I'm a very very new to the world of tabletop RPGS. I'd always heard of the magical game dungeons and dragons but was always intimidated by it and didn't know when or how to start.

But a month ago, I decided to take the plunge and gather my friends for our first DnD session, with me as the DM. And... we all became obsessed. So now, here I am, completelly engrossed in the world of tabletop RPGs and eager to start sculpting and painting my own figures!

I'm open to any advice from any of you wonderful veterans regarding anything, be it painting and sculpting, to game tips, to a simple friendly hello. Let's be friends! :>

• Like 16

Welcome to the forum!

Take your time combing through the forum for all the gold. There is A LOT of great information to be had.

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 3

Welcome to the forum, the hobby of miniature painting, and the fun that is tabletop RPGS!

First thing I'd do, is peruse the Tips/Advice section, particularly this thread. Then go check out the works in the show-off section of other hobbyists and ask questions, post your own works in progress, seek advice/comments/critiques, practice, practice, practice, and most of all.... HAVE FUN!

• Like 9

Welcome to the forum, the hobby of miniature painting, and the fun that is tabletop RPGS!

First thing I'd do, is peruse the Tips/Advice section, particularly this thread. Then go check out the works in the show-off section of other hobbyists and ask questions, post your own works in progress, seek advice/comments/critiques, practice, practice, practice, and most of all.... HAVE FUN!

Welcome to the forum!

Take your time combing through the forum for all the gold. There is A LOT of great information to be had.

Oh wow you guys! Thank you SO so much for your quick AND kind response! I'm honestly not used to such open, welcoming communities! I can tell I'm going to have a great time here! 8D 

• Like 7

Welcome to the Pond !  If the information you desire isn't here, someone will tell you where to find it.

You have entered the domain of a lot of helpfulness, knowledge, wisdom, and a generous dash of patience.

Put on your slippers, or go barefoot, and wander through the forums.  At the base of the main forum on the

right side are some interesting postings.  The most visited section is a mind blower.

Hard to imagine that these folks painted them.  You will learn a great deal from the WIP's, and the Show

off forum will make you go ::o:.  Enjoy, and I look forward to seeing you paint and post !

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 4

Hi there everyone! Oakydeer here, and I'm a very very new to the world of tabletop RPGS. I'd always heard of the magical game dungeons and dragons but was always intimidated by it and didn't know when or how to start.

But a month ago, I decided to take the plunge and gather my friends for our first DnD session, with me as the DM. And... we all became obsessed. So now, here I am, completelly engrossed in the world of tabletop RPGs and eager to start sculpting and painting my own figures!

I'm open to any advice from any of you wonderful veterans regarding anything, be it painting and sculpting, to game tips, to a simple friendly hello. Let's be friends! :>

You poor, poor fool.  

Welcome to the club.  :poke:

• Like 6

If you have questions, please ask. People here are plenty willing to share tips, advice, and recommendations.

Also, you may notice a much higher proportion of women members here than on most rpg-related sites. That's because Reaper fosters a family-friendly, welcoming environment for all.

• Like 10

Welcome to the forums and the hobby, deer! I love your name, it makes me imagine that you have little antlers. I do! :3

I'm a noob at D&D and painting too, the amazing thing about these forums is how all us noobs and vets get to mix around and get fun ideas and learn from each other.

There's a wealth of information here, and the forums are outstanding for their helpfulness and friendliness. ^_^

If you really want to get chatty, check out the Randomness thread. Lots of fun people to meet and talk to there! 

Edit: Your avatar is amazing! Did you do that Dia De Los Muertos makeup yourself?

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 8

I hate it when the forum eats my post...

WELCOME!

Mind your manners (or *BONK!* or a modbat may make an appearance), don't spill the coffee (or the barbarian will rage... maybe cry... no one wants to see a crying, raging barbarian), hide your bacon (from the wolves), don't lick your brush (lest you summon Pingo's wrath and a lecture), that smell is goblin (re: Buglips; since you're new you've no need to hide your vintage paints), that's a halo (not the One Ring) which you get once you achive Godlike status and enter the realm of Reapergaard, and...

HAVE FUN!

As suggested, read! Watch videos! Learn! We all have our own way of doing things, but there is a LOT of fantastic information to be gleaned from here.

ub3r will try to get you to empty your wallet on all the shiney. Watch out for that, but also note not to link directly to a website for selling stuff. It's teh Roolz.

Knarthex ub3r, and Thrym are awesome on info for basing. Pingo, too... she does lovely trees.

Talespinner's sculpting posts are things to watch. Mr. Andrew Pieper himself (sculpts for Reaper), and there are several other excellent sculptors in that forum.

Malefactus has the most whimsical, creative, fantastic imagination this side of Tim Burton.

Sirithiel does fantastic dragons and well worth looking at her WIPs for tips and ideas.

Pingo and Corporeal and Marsya and Wren and Citrine also have Show Offs well worth looking at and a few WIPs. Marsya has a Red Hair tutorial that is most excellent (WAY!).

Froggy is the Froggcident king. Conversions of mind boggling creativity.

I think that should give you a good start... :lol:

• Like 14

Welcome to the Pond !  If the information you desire isn't here, someone will tell you where to find it.

You have entered the domain of a lot of helpfulness, knowledge, wisdom, and a generous dash of patience.

Put on your slippers, or go barefoot, and wander through the forums.  At the base of the main forum on the

right side are some interesting postings.  The most visited section is a mind blower.

Hard to imagine that these folks painted them.  You will learn a great deal from the WIP's, and the Show

off forum will make you go ::o:.  Enjoy, and I look forward to seeing you paint and post !

Aw man, that was beautiful! :'D Thank you for the warm welcome! :3

• Like 3

You poor, poor fool.  

Welcome to the club.  :poke:

I'm scared. 83

• Like 5

If you have questions, please ask. People here are plenty willing to share tips, advice, and recommendations.

Also, you may notice a much higher proportion of women members here than on most rpg-related sites. That's because Reaper fosters a family-friendly, welcoming environment for all.

Yeah! I was actually wondering whether I should hide my gender at first... I've been part of communities where I was certainly shown a lot more respect as a "boy" than as myself. I'm SO glad to see that's not the case here. U u U

• Like 6

Yeah! I was actually wondering whether I should hide my gender at first... I've been part of communities where I was certainly shown a lot more respect as a "boy" than as myself. I'm SO glad to see that's not the case here. U u U

Nope, we welcome everyone. No discrimination here.

• Like 6