Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

Went to the FLGS today, but I showed up as the owner was just starting inventory on his shipments. I did see the minis, so I'll probably go back up there tomorrow sometime.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ced1106 said:

Well, I bought the D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures: Air Genasi Female Rogue at half-off from the OLGS, and it's one of the worst miniatures I've ever seen. Pretty much half of the miniature's seam is covered in a thick mold line that looks like a gash on its body, and one of the arms was glued too far backwards. Never again will I buy a WK miniature sight-unseen from the OLGS. Reaper Bones have mold lines, but nothing as bad as this WK miniature.

Yeah... the mold lines haven't actually been a gamebreaker yet, but as far as OCD things go, a preprimed mini with a mold line the size of the San Andreas Fault bugs the hell out of me. And for some reason, they like to put the mold lines where it's a BEAR to get into the crevice and sand it down!

Edited by Dr.Bedlam
  • Like 3

Today I picked up:

1x Pseudodragons and Sprites

1x Shark

1x Catapult

2x Gazer and Spectators

2x Cannons

2x Large Cannon

Saw the Kraken. It’s going on my want list.

• Like 7

Shark? Shark? They have a shark?

I need the shark. And Bulette. And octopus. 

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Shark? Shark? They have a shark?

I need the shark. And Bulette. And octopus. 

SHARK!!!

A0E02BC3-8BF0-41D2-82EF-620B38FBE6A7.thumb.jpeg.7f5cdc195ed568bfd0875956dd90b438.jpegECE5ADBA-3ECB-418F-AED6-D47C7E27E184.thumb.jpeg.fc65afdf1735d69d8d5d5479de5a934b.jpeg

They had the Octopus and Bulette too.

They both looked good but I didn’t think I’d have a use for the octopus and the Bulette sculpt confused me as they had it coming out of transparent ground... Why?

• Like 7

I wondered about that one too. Ice perhaps?? It could be they wanted people to see the Bulette vs seeing the ground as part of it? "shrugs shoulders"

One thing that makes me go hmmm is the size of a giant octopus for 5e. When I think GIANT, I think big, not as big as a Kraken, but big. I was going to run a adventure at RCon, last year that featured a giant octopus that some Kou-Toa revered & the artwork on the cover shows a fairly big octopus, one that I would accept if it was official 5e size. I ended up getting a Schliea(sp) toy octopus & glued him/her down to a huge base. I never ran that adventure do to the Growtix screw ups on my start times........grrrr.

I should pick up the Shark at my LFGS, never know when it would come into play during Saltmarsh. I do have the Pathfinder Battles prepainted ones. I've noticed quite a bit of people browsing the Unpainted minis during my weekly games.

• Like 4

The shark is amazing, y'all. I just got mine and the details are great, the sculpt is dynamic, it comes with a clear 2" base, and its body extends down into the water, which is a separate clear piece, so you can even paint the part that's inside the water splash.

And of course don't forget that it comes with the separate "shark fin in water" on a medium base.

I never would have guessed that some of my favorite minis acquisitions of 2019 would be a giant shark, a zombie shark, and a giant catfish. 

• Like 6

They have an octopus? Now I wanna octopus...

• Like 3