Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

i'll check some of the vendors at ReaperCon, last year they had some wizkids. but the newer ones will probably get bought quick. Sadly everywhere i look, the shark and octopus are sold out online, so i might be waiting a while before i get those

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 6

Wave 10 looks like useful but boring things. ::):

That bounty board gave me an idea for next year's kids game at the retreat. Actually HAVING a bounty board that they can take their adventures from. Over the three days take down some of the lower level ones and replacing them with harder ones.

I don't know why this idea makes me so happy, but it does.

It means writing a bunch of little adventures, not a big one. ::):

I think one of them will be killing giant rats in the cellar. ::P:

After being talked into it this year, I am actually looking forward to it next year!

I may even run two games at the retreat, that's how much I like the idea.

Have them be in the same town at the same time, taking different missions off of the same board! ::D:

The two groups can TALK to each other!

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Wave 10 looks like useful but boring things. ::):

That bounty board gave me an idea for next year's kids game at the retreat. Actually HAVING a bounty board that they can take their adventures from. Over the three days take down some of the lower level ones and replacing them with harder ones.

I don't know why this idea makes me so happy, but it does.

It means writing a bunch of little adventures, not a big one. ::):

I think one of them will be killing giant rats in the cellar. ::P:

After being talked into it this year, I am actually looking forward to it next year!

I may even run two games at the retreat, that's how much I like the idea.

Have them be in the same town at the same time, taking different missions off of the same board! ::D:

The two groups can TALK to each other!

I love Bounty/Job boards for games! Here is one of my favorites to use.

1938186146_kitdygonn.PNG.07648dcf6168f5612a090d92a28dd7b0.PNG

The little kid lost their pet is an excellent lowlevel job. In this case, the kitty is a Hengeyokai which is a long lived fey animal that eventually becomes a humanoid fey shapechanger. Sara got a sister out of this.

Another I've used is the Stray dog follows a PC until they interact with it and it acts all cute so they take it home with them. Then they find a little kid and no doggo where they were. OH CRAP! WE ADOPTED A WEREWOLF CUB!!!

GF

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

I have used Simple Green and  Pinesol, but not the alcohol. Pinesol worked better than the Green for me on both metal and plastic minis. Just my two cents...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Anyone know if any big pieces are going to be released?

No big pieces in wave 10. I think we only get big unpainted pieces when there's a lull in the prepainted sets release schedule. 

15 hours ago, K2h2m3 said:

Krud Kutter graffiti remover

Ooh thanks will have to try this. I've had the same difficulties getting the primer out of the recesses with all the mentioned substances.

17 hours ago, Mattnuke said:

Does anyone have a 5e monster manual, who can confirm that the remaining three (gold, silver, red) come in ‘huge’ size?

Honestly, I think they’re a sure thing for wave 11 when it finally gets announced.  I’d also like to start seeing more of the Pathfinder huge creatures included in the line.

5e dragon size is age-based. So an "adult" dragon of any color will be huge.

(Note, naming the Nolzur's dragons "young" but making them huge was incorrect).

Re PF huges:

The Pathfinder Battles prepainted line only used huges as case incentives, etc., so there aren't very many existing huge sculpts for Wizkids to convert to unpainted. (We already got two of the likeliest candidates with the clockwork dragon and cthulu.)

That said, the upcoming Legendary Adventures prepainted set for PF2e is finally going to have huges as uncommons/rares in booster boxes, so I expect some will make it over to Deep Cuts.

A list of all PF huges including the upcoming previewed ones:

https://www.miniscollector.com/minis/gallery?title=&field_mini_size_value=H&field_mini_rarity_value=All&shs_term_node_tid_depth=2225&tid=

Edited by breegull
Can't figure out photo upload
  • Like 7

Arghh, I took some photos of some of this latest wave, but I'm on mobile and I can't figure out how to upload the images inline with my text/spoiler tags. They just append to the end of the post, and now I can't figure out how to delete my broken spoiler tag. Or how to delete this post, lol.

Also, does the forum resize images to an appropriate file size automatically?

Edited by breegull
Can't figure out photo upload
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, breegull said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Arghh, I took some photos of some of this latest wave, but I'm on mobile and I can't figure out how to upload the images inline with my text/spoiler tags. They just append to the end of the post, and now I can't figure out how to delete my broken spoiler tag. Or how to delete this post, lol.

Also, does the forum resize images to an appropriate file size automatically?

Mobile does not work well on these forums AT ALL.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Generic Fighter said:

I love Bounty/Job boards for games! Here is one of my favorites to use.

1938186146_kitdygonn.PNG.07648dcf6168f5612a090d92a28dd7b0.PNG

The little kid lost their pet is an excellent lowlevel job. In this case, the kitty is a Hengeyokai which is a long lived fey animal that eventually becomes a humanoid fey shapechanger. Sara got a sister out of this.

Another I've used is the Stray dog follows a PC until they interact with it and it acts all cute so they take it home with them. Then they find a little kid and no doggo where they were. OH CRAP! WE ADOPTED A WEREWOLF CUB!!!

GF

Or the kitty hiring the party to find her lost girl. ::): Rescuing the child from red caps or something.

I wonder if Grump would mind if I borrowed his kids for some quick play testing?

I want to run this, to get it out of my system. ::D:

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

Or the kitty hiring the party to find her lost girl. ::): Rescuing the child from red caps or something.

I wonder if Grump would mind if I borrowed his kids for some quick play testing?

I want to run this, to get it out of my system. ::D:

Kitty is a lycanthrope, trying to make amends with her life.

• Like 6

I'm going to assume the reason for the clear base on the Bulette is so it can look like it's kicking up dust and not just chunks of earth.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

I'm going to assume the reason for the clear base on the Bulette is so it can look like it's kicking up dust and not just chunks of earth.

I thought it was ice bit yah, odd choice for a "land" shark.

• Like 3

Borrowing Grump's kids for the play test. ::):

He also wants me to do a "blind playtest" if I look to publishing the result. I hadn't been, but it sounds like he has some confidence in this.

Let one of the kids run some of the scenarios they didn't play.

Rebecca runs 5e, Sam runs P1. I am thinking Rebecca, since Sam has a long standing Grump campaign.  Or maybe Chris can run it for Rebecca. Or Andrew for Sam.

And I have a lot more confidence in 5e than P2. P1 is probably a mostly dead market. ::(:  Which is too bad, since I am at least sketching it out for the Beginner's Box.

The format  Grump recommends is short scenarios and handouts for the missions, that can be thumbtacked to a bulletin board. Maybe six to eight for each book. Two illustrations and a map for each.

And recommending a real life bulletin board.

He liked the idea of using a real life bulletin board. It made his eyes glow. ::P:

One City book and one Town book.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

He also wants me to do a "blind playtest" if I look to publishing the result.

If you can arrange to do it, it can be very useful to video-record the blind tests. This keeps you from intervening when "They're not reading that right!" (which is what you're trying to find) and lets you see the places where they're stumbling but fighting through the problems (and maybe not even really realizing what's going on) or getting an unintended experience (which might be either good or bad).

Blind testing with a hidden observer really is the gold standard of usability testing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

If you can arrange to do it, it can be very useful to video-record the blind tests. This keeps you from intervening when "They're not reading that right!" (which is what you're trying to find) and lets you see the places where they're stumbling but fighting through the problems (and maybe not even really realizing what's going on) or getting an unintended experience (which might be either good or bad).

Blind testing with a hidden observer really is the gold standard of usability testing.

Pretty sure Andrew and Jamie have a video camera, they have videos of Pennsic at least. ::):

Sounds like you are familiar with what Grump's talking about.

• Like 2