Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

16 hours ago, Corsair said:

Prepainted?

Blindbox, Grump doesn't know what he'll get!!! :lol:

Oh I agree about blindbox. That is just a terrible way  to sale mini for a game. Need 5 kobolds for your game, get 3 orcs & 2 human farmers, but hey at least you've gotten that rare giant skeleton (which we all know won't stand up straight due to limpy limb syndrome, almost all prepainted (& some Bones) suffer from)!

There has only been one set of prepaints,  I went crazy & bought blindbox. It was War of the Dragon Queen expansion. The first set with the huge minis + my local card shop guy got a case of them & apparently I felt weak with the wallet strings that day. Anther time was over at Hastings with the first Pathfinder Battles set, thou if you squeezed the box right you could see exactly what you got in the box, so I don't consider those 3 boxes purchased, blind........:poke:

• Like 5

I actually prefer blindboxes for prepaints.

I'm only interested in using prepaints for markers that I don't much care about, so I'm very happy to piggyback on the rare hunters to get commons below production costs.

• Like 3

i was actually making a weak joke about pre-painted chicken...

See Fail under definitions...

:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, haldir said:

Blindbox, Grump doesn't know what he'll get!!! :lol:

Oh I agree about blindbox. That is just a terrible way  to sale mini for a game. Need 5 kobolds for your game, get 3 orcs & 2 human farmers, but hey at least you've gotten that rare giant skeleton (which we all know won't stand up straight due to limpy limb syndrome, almost all prepainted (& some Bones) suffer from)!

There has only been one set of prepaints,  I went crazy & bought blindbox. It was War of the Dragon Queen expansion. The first set with the huge minis + my local card shop guy got a case of them & apparently I felt weak with the wallet strings that day. Anther time was over at Hastings with the first Pathfinder Battles set, thou if you squeezed the box right you could see exactly what you got in the box, so I don't consider those 3 boxes purchased, blind........:poke:

Turned out to be an Easter egg.

The Auld Grump - prepainted

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

With the new set for the D&D pre-paints being an Eberron set, I'm hoping we see some of them ported over to the Nolzur's line as well.  The new Lord of Blades looks pretty epic:

image.png.b04cdb94fbe77a180ee94738585dbdbe.png

I also noticed that Bones V is having the Battleguard return.  I welcome our new Warforged overlords.

• Like 6

Yah I have a strong feeling the next Nolzur's wave will have Eberron figures in it. What, who knows. Thou, I hope it's not a stereotypical race/class combos (warforged fighter, changeling rogue, etc etc).

I know my FLGS table will appreciate the Eberron prepaints thou.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, haldir said:

Yah I have a strong feeling the next Nolzur's wave will have Eberron figures in it. What, who knows. Thou, I hope it's not a stereotypical race/class combos (warforged fighter, changeling rogue, etc etc).

I know my FLGS table will appreciate the Eberron prepaints thou.

We all gotta start somewhere.

The main line seems to have a good mix of iconic Race/class combos and unusual ones. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

We all gotta start somewhere.

The main line seems to have a good mix of iconic Race/class combos and unusual ones. 

There are way to many half-orc/barb & fighter combos for example. Same with the dragonborn (exception at least they have a sorcerer). Goliath? Same combos. I guess I can see if they initially release wrfg fighter or changeling rogue as like you said "We all gotta start somewhere" but in a 2nd release, not the same ole thing. I just hope the non-human races get new classes!! (this a is plea for all Nolzur's, how many more elf wizards are we gonna get this time?)

• Like 3

22 hours ago, haldir said:

There are way to many half-orc/barb & fighter combos for example. Same with the dragonborn (exception at least they have a sorcerer). Goliath? Same combos. I guess I can see if they initially release wrfg fighter or changeling rogue as like you said "We all gotta start somewhere" but in a 2nd release, not the same ole thing. I just hope the non-human races get new classes!! (this a is plea for all Nolzur's, how many more elf wizards are we gonna get this time?)

I getcha.  Goliaths haven't had much of a chance yet...they have what, one box of male Fighters with an upcoming set of female Fighters and male Barbarians?  I feel like it works to have Fighters be the generic starting point for any race, because they work for encounters and not just PCs.

I noticed some of the upcoming boxes have dual-classes, like the Kenku having a Rogue and Spellcaster.  

• Like 3

On 9/24/2019 at 11:15 AM, Doug Sundseth said:

I actually prefer blindboxes for prepaints.

I'm only interested in using prepaints for markers that I don't much care about, so I'm very happy to piggyback on the rare hunters to get commons below production costs.

Word. 

I don't often buy blind boxes any more... occasionally, just for fun... but if I really want a thing, that's what the secondary market is for.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Aard_Rinn said:

Am I missing something, or are we this many waves in, and still no aarakocra figures? 

Nope, you haven’t missed anything.  We have Thri-Kreen though!

Edited by Mattnuke
Autocorrect stinks

2 hours ago, Aard_Rinn said:

Am I missing something, or are we this many waves in, and still no aarakocra figures? 

Next wave (11?) is suppose to come out in November. There is quite a bit lined up in the overall Unpainted line of theirs thou from here till the end of the year:

My Little Pony, Transformers, Nolzur's/Deep Cuts (reg & Pfr) & X-men are schedule to come out before the end of the year.

Probably why we haven't gotten any new news over the next wave of rpg figures for early next year yet.

• Like 1

*sigh*

Just saw the announcement for the Icons of the Realms prepaint set for Eberron. I want to be super excited about the skycoach case incentive, but 1) It's $80 and 2) it's a case incentive, so my FLGS won't be getting more than one. It's real purty, though.

31 minutes ago, haldir said:

Next wave (11?) is suppose to come out in November. There is quite a bit lined up in the overall Unpainted line of theirs thou from here till the end of the year:

My Little Pony, Transformers, Nolzur's/Deep Cuts (reg & Pfr) & X-men are schedule to come out before the end of the year.

Probably why we haven't gotten any new news over the next wave of rpg figures for early next year yet.

X-men?!?