Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I can't help but notice that the WarLock clips look very similar to Fat Dragon's DragonBite clips. I wonder if there's some IP issues here.

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

The WarLock Tiles Starter Set is perfect for the beginning terrain enthusiast. It’s also a great fit for hobbyists with more expertise, but not a lot of time. Also included in this set are sixteen adapter clips for each of the two most popular clip-based tile systems, DRAGONLOCK™ and OpenLOCK™, to help players integrate these tiles into their collection.

(note I just quoted your post for the 2nd)

Like Lidless said, they must have a agreement. Most of the clicky tiles have some sorta convert-clip as they are all mostly the same style. I see this as a good business decision.

So many good things coming from Wizkids next year. While the 150.00 tag is high for the ship (beats the prepainted thou), I may put a order in with my shop & then just pay him some bucks every week or so.

They've got a cave encounter pack coming out as well. 6 prepainted minis (3 kobold, 2 bugbears & a ogre). I like the ogre out of it, but most likely I'll just pick up singles off the 2nd market.

• Like 4

I thought the Warlock sets were wayyy expensive.

Then Grump showed me Dwarven Forge. ::o:

Then I thought Warlock was CHEAP!

Then Grump showed me Hirst molds.

Now I think Grump pays wayyy too much attention to the Theory of Commercial Relativity. <_<

But I DO like the Hirst molds, if we ever go that direction they will be my choice, I think.

But NOT for dungeons! Only places that will see LOTS of use. And battles, without battles there would be no need.

19 hours ago, haldir said:

(note I just quoted your post for the 2nd)

Like Lidless said, they must have a agreement. Most of the clicky tiles have some sorta convert-clip as they are all mostly the same style. I see this as a good business decision.

So many good things coming from Wizkids next year. While the 150.00 tag is high for the ship (beats the prepainted thou), I may put a order in with my shop & then just pay him some bucks every week or so.

They've got a cave encounter pack coming out as well. 6 prepainted minis (3 kobold, 2 bugbears & a ogre). I like the ogre out of it, but most likely I'll just pick up singles off the 2nd market.

They probably won't sell that many ships, so have to spread the cost of the molds over fewer models.

But ships are the PERFECT example of places that would see a lot of use. The one the PCs live on especially.

If we paint it, they will come. ::):

And, dammit, I WANT a glow in the dark Bones ship!

• Like 5