Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

33 minutes ago, Brother Jim said:

I think they're called Tabaxi??

1 minute ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Tabaxi, the pack of male rogues is available now, female rogues this summer. Other classes? A mystery. 

You may need to stack cat upon cat and climb to the moon for other cat classes.

20190324_204106.png

Thank you both!

• Like 2

Tabaxi: There is a bard & one other class in the prepainted offerings. Also in the board games there is a bard. It is unpainted & allot cheaper then its prepainted counterpart.

• Like 4

I've just gotten the stuff from the wave with the blights. Which is interesting, since I'm still waiting on the stuff with the myconoids.

Which wave are our American friends on?

• Like 1

I think its 5 or 6.

The last wave included the fire giant.

• Like 1

So this is technically on-topic...

Has anyone seen the Dungeon of the Mad Mage board game's minis?

Good lordy loo did WizKids cheapen out. Couldn't even bother integrating some clear plastic for the Beholder Zombies, Death Tyrant and Flying Swords for their flight supports and the Tyrant's area surrounding his spectral eyes.

pic4600968.jpg

WizKids definitely dropped the ball on the board game minis compared to the WOTC sets. The sea of dull green has always been bad but at least in Temple of Elemental Evil they brought out clear plastics for the black dragon and firebats' flight support and some clear blue for the water and air elementals...

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Wizkids sells the board games in a regular edition and in a prepainted "premium" edition. I'd bet money that they're purposely skimping on the regular edition to push sales of the premium edition. (It worked on me. Premium edition is on its way.)

• Like 4

That's my guess too.

I'm personally not fond of the prepaints so this is a hard SKIP for me unless the price goes way down.

Tomb of Annihilation will still be a priority. Still waiting on an adequate price drop on that one.

• Like 2

WOW! got an e-mail at 11:21PM PST that Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures - Beholder is Back in Stock!, and they had 20+, I quickly ordered 2 for myself as I have NEVER been able to get any (also ordered the owlbear from Nolzur as well). Just checked at 12:08PM, they are now OUT OF STOCK of the 20+ mini's they had. That's crazy! Guess we'll see more inventory on the BAY soon:angry:

• Like 3

On 4/10/2019 at 3:12 PM, Ratmaster2000 said:

WOW! got an e-mail at 11:21PM PST that Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures - Beholder is Back in Stock!, and they had 20+, I quickly ordered 2 for myself as I have NEVER been able to get any (also ordered the owlbear from Nolzur as well). Just checked at 12:08PM, they are now OUT OF STOCK of the 20+ mini's they had. That's crazy! Guess we'll see more inventory on the BAY soon:angry:

Yeah, it's crazy. :wacko:

But people are willing to pay it, and if the regular retailers don't try to limit how many a customer can buy, then the speculators grab them up.

The Auld Grump - big thanks, again, to Pezler for getting us a beholder!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Yeah, it's crazy. :wacko:

But people are willing to pay it, and if the regular retailers don't try to limit how many a customer can buy, then the speculators grab them up.

The Auld Grump - big thanks, again, to Pezler for getting us a beholder!

Miniature market has a hard cap of 5 per customer (not sure if that is lifetime or just order?) 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 8:12 PM, Ratmaster2000 said:

I've officially given up on ever getting the Beholder. Every single time I get a stock  notification it's gone by the time I get to checkout. :down:

Oh well, it's not like I don't have 20 minis to paint...

Huh - the Adventurer's Campsite is back in stock.... Tempted to get a third.... (Caravan, caravan....)

Much as I like the Beholder, it was the campsite that blew me away. ::):

I, uhm... kinda want to run Kingmaker again.... Maybe have an early encounter where the kids can salvage the vardo. (Or a later one... there is no reason that a Hag wouldn't be using a Gypsy wagon....)

I really like that wagon. ::P:

The Auld Grump

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Huh - the Adventurer's Campsite is back in stock.... Tempted to get a third.... (Caravan, caravan....)

Much as I like the Beholder, it was the campsite that blew me away. ::):

I, uhm... kinda want to run Kingmaker again.... Maybe have an early encounter where the kids can salvage the vardo. (Or a later one... there is no reason that a Hag wouldn't be using a Gypsy wagon....)

I really like that wagon. ::P:

The Auld Grump

My FLGS still has about a dozen of the wagon campsite sets sitting high on a shelf from when they originally ordered them. They started with 3 dozen.

If they should ever discount them to clear them out, I may be in trouble. :unsure:

• Like 3

That wagon is AWESOME!

As soon as I saw it I wanted to make a character to go with it.

Grump's is bright red and yellow, mine is hunter green. ::):

I wouldn't mind playing Kingmaker again, this time with a wagon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1