Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

Me, I am liking their props and accessories more and more.

The characters and monsters are nice - but, hey, a gibbet!

261596.png?bw=550&w=550&bh=550&h=550

Street signs and lights!

261591.png?bw=550&w=550&bh=550&h=550

And somebody that just needs a hug!

260605.png?bw=550&w=550&bh=550&h=550

The Auld Grump

• Like 6

On a fun related note:

Pathfinder Battles Reign of Winter pre-painted set was supposed to have Baba Yaga's Dancing Hut as the case incentive, but it was deemed to be too expensive to produce.  They threw in the White Dragon at the last minute, and while there are several White Dragons in the Adventure Path, he is the incorrect size for all of them.  That White Dragon is also now the unpainted one in the line, and while we'll probably never see a Wizkids Dancing Hut, I really do like the Reaper one.

• Like 5

Apparently the Kraken that was available painted previously will now also become available unpainted. Fingers crossed the ship will go the same way (and get a lot cheaper in the process).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nunae said:

Apparently the Kraken that was available painted previously will now also become available unpainted. Fingers crossed the ship will go the same way (and get a lot cheaper in the process).

Hopefully the ship will become much much cheaper.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:
1 hour ago, Nunae said:

Hopefully the ship will become much much cheaper.

This. Doesn't have to be a thousand times this cheaper, but I just can't justify it at the current price point either, no matter how awesome it is.

• Like 1

A recent price drop "sale" at Miniature Market involved the ship, if the price had dropped to 150 to 140 I may have been tempted. It ended up dropping to 170, so I was safe.

Cool news to see the next wave will release May 1st vs end of May. Thou, that doesn't help my spectator encounter. Spec' fought a good fight but in the end he is just compost now!!

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 11:30 AM, TheAuldGrump said:

Me, I am liking their props and accessories more and more.

The characters and monsters are nice - but, hey, a gibbet!

261596.png?bw=550&w=550&bh=550&h=550

Mad Martigan, is that you?

I don't care what Grump says, Willow was a FUN movie!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

Mad Martigan, is that you?

I don't care what Grump says, Willow was a FUN movie!

Madmartigan was in Wave 1 of Pathfinder: Deep Cuts": 

Image result for deep cuts valeros

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:21 AM, terminalmancer said:

This. Doesn't have to be a thousand times this cheaper, but I just can't justify it at the current price point either, no matter how awesome it is.

The thing is it isn't all I hoped it would be. The fore and aft-castle have removeable roofs, that are hard to remove, but the main deck doesn't come off to show a lower deck, like it hinted at in the preview. I do like the magnetized masts and cloth sails, but the rest is to bland and non functional.

Halber

• Sad 4

Grump had a cardboard ship he printed up from somewhere that looked really good, and did have all the decks.

I have no idea where he got the PDF, or where he keeps it. But the thing is HUGE!

And. He. Gave. It. AWAY. :zombie:

22 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

Madmartigan was in Wave 1 of Pathfinder: Deep Cuts": 

Image result for deep cuts valeros

That DOES look like him!

• Like 3

Yeah, a bunch of the Iconics have influences from movie characters or celebrities but they have said Valeros was directly based on Madmartigan, including the name from Val Kilmer.

• Like 2

Does anyone know how big the new young dragons are? The description does not say, and for base it just says "base". A young dragon is probably "large" so 50mm, but these are twice the cost of the large silver, so they may be huge?

They are probably the size of the prepainted ones that have the flight poles. I think my FLGS is getting these in tomorrow. I'll be picking up the green dragon so we shall see. 

• Like 3

My hobby budget has been tight lately but I did have enough left on a Christmas gift card to get a couple of the WizKids giants today.

Shown below from left to right; WIzKids Stone Giant,  Reaper Bones 4 Stone Giant, Sir Forscale, Wizkids Cloud Giant.

EBF21B81-CBC2-410B-9D97-FECD23C29B88.thumb.jpeg.d0dadaead8aeac70c7e6d06686d08581.jpeg

And a close up of the Stone Giants, even though Reapers refused to look at the camera.

303E8766-D3BA-45F4-AD22-510A3384E704.thumb.jpeg.1007a57a9124a5346148c9c16263e56c.jpeg

The Wizkids Stone G is bigger than Reapers, but not as much as I thought it would be.

The Cloud Giant towers over the two, but I don’t like the sculpt as much as what Reaper has coming out for theirs. 

However since I figure those are likely about two years away this will fill the role nicely for now.

They also had the hill giant, but I really don’t like his styling.

And sorry Smokestack, they had the new dragons there but I didn’t have the budget for them. I thought they were a decent size.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2