Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

On 5/16/2019 at 12:13 PM, lexomatic said:

My villagers pack is in the mail. Can't wait.

Ugh. got update from the post office that there was an address error and if they can't fix it it will be returned to the store and the delivery date has been changed to June 6. Not sure where the error is, because I've received mail no problems before (though when I'm normally at home I can just walk and not pay for shipping). SUPER ANNOYED.

• Sad 6

I posted the front in Acquisitions thread so here's the back of the Villagers & Accessories box set.

15582273484546486206560547055396.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2019 at 8:56 PM, haldir said:

I posted the front in Acquisitions thread so here's the back of the Villagers & Accessories box set.

15582273484546486206560547055396.jpg

so, how is it?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

so, how is it?

Initial viewing:

Other then the stall that was behind the rest, everything is straight. That stall's front is a little bent inward but it's nothing to serious. Overall I have to admit I wouldn't have bought this for retail price thou. Allot more hobby things I could spend 60 bucks on, but it is a nice set thou, & the villagers do have some nice poses. All are human, unless you wanna say some are near human shaped. Typical Unpainted line sculpts. I really like the thief, he'll get some use in tonight's AL game. As noted there are a few figures that have been already released. Other then I need a couple more bandits for tonight's game, I wish they would have made newer sculpts, maybe even made those non-human sculpts. I find it odd, the hunchback in his own pack includes a torture rack, but here he doesn't have it.

As I said in anther post, the forge coals are a clear plastic that you paint whatever color you want. Battery is removable. Package is the same size as their other sets (bar set, library, etc).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Got mine today. Probably wouldn't get it again. Agree with Haldir's comments. I wanted more villager types and I get a few extra things instead of buying them all individually.

• Like 5

I’m curious if anyone has seen the ship in person yet.

I know only a painted version is available so far.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

i saw it boxed in my FLGS a month or so ago, i don't visit it often as it has a very low selection. Was a very large box

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i saw it boxed in my FLGS a month or so ago, i don't visit it often as it has a very low selection. Was a very large box

Did the box have a plastic window so you could see it?

Or was it just a box, box?

21 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Did the box have a plastic window so you could see it?

Or was it just a box, box?

i believe it had a plastic window. Next time i'm near it i'll go see if it's still there, i bet it will be due to its price tag

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i believe it had a plastic window. Next time i'm near it i'll go see if it's still there, i bet it will be due to its price tag

Thanks. I’d be interested in your opinion of the quality.

I need to get that Villagers set - for a police game I want a milling crowd of people.

Fun the last two times I used the crowd, with the PCs getting ambushed by the smugglers that they didn't yet realize they were investigating. (Probationary Constables or Player Characters, take your pick. ::P:)

First group turtled up, protecting themselves, and only got the hired thugs. The second group... their paladin bulled through and went after the henchman leading the attack - who got away from the other group. He accepted attacks of opportunity, shrugged off poisoned crossbow bolts, and dagger stabss in order to prevent the henchman from getting away, knocking the henchman out in two rounds.

The player got a standing ovation from the group - I am a firm believer in rewarding such things. ::D:

We already have the Village Square set from Terrain Crate - the bigger the market, the bigger the crowd can reasonably be.

Mantic-Games-TerrainCrate-BNIB-Village-S

Having both is likely to be more useful than having just the one.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 9

On 5/20/2019 at 10:05 PM, Darsc Zacal said:

I have.

It's a really nice looking model. Too rich for my blood, though.

• Like 4