Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

I wish they'd quit saying "painted example."

That's not a painted example. That's a colored render. You want a painted example? GET the MINIATURE, the ACTUAL MINIATURE, and HIRE a fraggin' PAINTER to PAINT the MINIATURE!!!!

Because a render is not an example of finished product. It is, at best, a hope of what they think the finished product will BE. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

That's not a painted example. That's a colored render. You want a painted example? GET the MINIATURE, the ACTUAL MINIATURE, and HIRE a fraggin' PAINTER to PAINT the MINIATURE!!!!

Because a render is not an example of finished product. It is, at best, a hope of what they think the finished product will BE. 

I can’t agree with this enough. :winkthumbs:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

WotC really changed directions between 4e and 5e, didn't they?

I approve! :winkthumbs:

The Auld Grump

Someone managed to get Grungs in Volo's Guide to Monsters, but couldn't get them as a PC race beyond a pre-gen in a Tomb of Annihilation Adventurer's League event.

Edited by BlazingTornado

4 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

WotC really changed directions between 4e and 5e, didn't they?

I approve! :winkthumbs:

The Auld Grump

They kinda went backwards at least in overall feel of the game but forwards at the same time, if you understand what I'm trying to say.

Dang, got a Wizkids Insider email today & I was hoping it was saying minis out now! Last one I got that was at the end or beginning of the month said that.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

Someone managed to get Grungs in Volo's Guide to Monsters, but couldn't get them as a PC race beyond a pre-gen in a Tomb of Annihilation Adventurer's League event.

There are teasing clips of art spotlighting the Giff, which implies that Spelljammer is on its way back.

It pleases me to see that the showrunners, the custodians of the legacy.... have realized that the game and its realms have a rich backstory that can be brought back and repurposed with new twists and turns for a modern audience. I prefer it to what they were trying to do with fourth edition.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

There are teasing clips of art spotlighting the Giff, which implies that Spelljammer is on its way back.

The Giff came back in Mordenkainen's Tome Of Foes.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

The Giff came back in Mordenkainen's Tome Of Foes.

Did they bring Spelljammer back with them?

1 hour ago, BlazingTornado said:

No, just the Giff.

Giff 'em time. 

Because I can't see any sane reason for bringing back the Giff without bringing back Spelljammer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, haldir said:

They kinda went backwards at least in overall feel of the game but forwards at the same time, if you understand what I'm trying to say.

Dang, got a Wizkids Insider email today & I was hoping it was saying minis out now! Last one I got that was at the end or beginning of the month said that.

Considering that the 'forwards' of 4e was a game that I would never play, and a lot of other folks would never play, and how vocal we all were about that direction?

I will happily take backwards, and leave 4e in its grave.  Pretty much any previous edition is better, in my opinion, than 4th.

I may have no particular urge to play 5e, but if someone was running it *Cough*Jon*Cough* I would play. (Both Jon and Megan promised to run games that I could play in. Megan very definitely has fulfilled that promise. Jon?... Still waiting. ::P: )

I like the 3.X architecture enough that I am unlikely to follow PF2 over its cliff as well. (And, yes, I am pretty sure it's a cliff. That playtest was godawful.)

Feels like the current D&D is more like BECMI, which is fine.

The forwards of 3.X? I had hopes for PF2, only to see them set alight and sent off across a sea of crappy changes.

The Auld Grump

• Like 2

Not that you hold a grudge or anything. <_<

I more than agree on PF2e though.

That playtest was NOT FUN! I hated it more and more the more they added. :zombie:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

Virtual paint is cheap. If they're not willing to pay an actual artist to work on a real figure, it makes me wonder how many other ways they're cutting corners.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Virtual paint is cheap. If they're not willing to pay an actual artist to work on a real figure, it makes me wonder how many other ways they're cutting corners.

I dunno. if you look at it the other way around, they could be putting that art money into their sculpts, or putting it towards packaging. Considering what you get for the price, it's hard to see what corners Wizkids is cutting. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

I dunno. if you look at it the other way around, they could be putting that art money into their sculpts, or putting it towards packaging. Considering what you get for the price, it's hard to see what corners Wizkids is cutting. 

Mold line removers, most likely. :poke:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5