Sign in to follow this  
Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

15 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

No stirges yet?

Those would be given a nice welcome in my game table. While I was able to grab a handful of the Reaper metal ones from the Boneyard at ReaperCon, (the ones on the stalagmites) having other options would be. Especially with prepainted ones commanding way to high for what it is prices.

It would be nice to see a "workhorse" wave of creatures.  A actual Hook Horror would be nice as well (I mean we got the Umber Hulk in a earlier release). I'm just hoping for the PC races but put them in uncommon classes (no half-orc barb or fighter combos,  or goliath martial classes, we have plenty of those for example).

• Like 4

Stirges are one of those critters where you sometimes need a whole slew of them at a time. (I seem to recall a Frog God adventure where two dozen of them were flitting around and draining blood.)

The Auld Grump - oh, the black fly,

The little black fly,

It's always the black fly,

No matter where you go!

I'll die with the black fly a pickin' on me bones,

In north Ontario, high-o,

In north Ontario!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yah even Mines of Pandelver starter for 5e has like 10 of them in a encounter. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, haldir said:

Yah even Mines of Pandelver starter for 5e has like 10 of them in a encounter.  

Off topic from the unpainted lines but I'm kind of surprised WizKids never tried to offer any "adventure" bundles where a DM might find all the necessary minis to cover encounters in D&D's published adventures.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

Off topic from the unpainted lines but I'm kind of surprised WizKids never tried to offer any "adventure" bundles where a DM might find all the necessary minis to cover encounters in D&D's published adventures.

It totally makes sense for them to do it (along with Paizo) but I've always have seen some excuse & why we get blind box instead. (thank goodness for the aftermarket single sales*).

*which reminds me I need to put a singles order in for next week, missed a couple of minis while on vacation

WarLock Tiles Starter Sets – WizKids

By Rod Edwards | on September 18, 2019 |

Warlock-Tiles-642x335.png

After a year of R&D, Wizkids has perfected the dungeon tile.The WarLock Dungeon Tile system solves many of the problems present with other tile systems. The WarLock clips allow players to construct rooms in advance and place them on the table as needed. 1” tall walls make it easier for players to move pieces around in the room as they play. Offset walls provide you with the ability to place figures in any square on the grid, without pesky corners eating into your play area.

• Slide66-1024x576.jpg
  • Slide67-1-1024x576.jpg
  • Slide68-1-1024x576.jpg
  • Slide69-1-1024x576.jpg
  • Slide70-1-1024x576.jpg
  • Slide71-1-1024x576.jpg
  • Slide72-1-1024x576.jpg
  • Slide73-1-1024x576.jpg
  • Slide74-1-1024x576.jpg
  • Slide75-1-1024x576.jpg
  • Slide76-1-1024x576.jpg
  • Slide78-1-1024x576.jpg

With each of these sets, players can experience a perfect, continuous grid through the entire play space with WizKids patented, modular, ultra-slim interior walls. Additionally, all tiles are reversible with wood design on one side and stone on the other for double the functionality!

WarLock Tiles Starter Set

The WarLock Tiles Starter Set is perfect for the beginning terrain enthusiast. It’s also a great fit for hobbyists with more expertise, but not a lot of time. Also included in this set are sixteen adapter clips for each of the two most popular clip-based tile systems, DRAGONLOCK™ and OpenLOCK™, to help players integrate these tiles into their collection.

With enough pieces to set up the equivalent of “40 foot by 40 foot” in-game room with a multitude of interior options, this is the perfect starting point for your collection.  

This set includes (contents subject to change):*
16 – 2”×2” Dual-Sided Tiles
8 – 2” Straight Stone Walls
8 – 2” Straight Stone Interior Walls
4 – Corner Pillars
4 – Inside Corner Stone Walls
4 – Outside Corner Stone Walls
2 – 1” Exterior Wall Doors
16 – Stone Edge Caps
45 – WarLock Clips
16 – DRAGONLOCK™ Adaptor Clips
16 – OpenLOCK™ Adaptor Clips

Publisher: WizKids
Item Code: WZK16500
MSRP: $49.99
Pre-order Date: 2/11/20
Releases: May 2020

WarLock Tiles Advanced Starter Set

The WarLock Tiles Advanced Starter Set is perfect for the more experienced terrain enthusiast. Also included in this set are twenty adapter clips for each of the two most popular clip-based tile systems, DRAGONLOCK™ and OpenLOCK™, to help players integrate these tiles into their collection.

With enough big pieces to construct multiple houses or even a large keep, this set the is the perfect way to provide your players with an immersive environment for all of your adventures!  

This set includes (contents subject to change):*
26 – 2”×2” Dual-Sided Tiles
4 – 4”×4” Dual-Sided Tiles
2 – 2”×8” Dual-Sided Tiles
16 – 2” Straight Stone Walls
16 – 2” Straight Stone Interior Walls
4 – 1” Exterior Wall Doors
1 – 2” Exterior Wall Door
1 – 1” Stone Interior Wall Door
4 – Corner Pillars
6 – Inside Corner Stone Walls
6 – Outside Corner Stone Walls
40 – Stone Edge Caps
90 – WarLock Clips
20 – DRAGONLOCK™ Adaptor Clips
20 – OpenLOCK™ Adaptor Clips

Publisher: WizKids
Item Code: WZK16501
MSRP: $99.99
Pre-order Date: 2/11/20
Releases: May 2020

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, haldir said:

WarLock Tiles Starter Sets – WizKids

I hate to admit it, but these look intriguing.

I like the low walls, and the fact you can prebuilt the rooms for a faster setup, or just to pull out for reveals as the party explores.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

I'm not recognizing the minis they're using with the tiles. Are they even Wizkids ones?

They look like pieces from the "Wardlings" range to me.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

They look like pieces from the "Wardlings" range to me.

They are - the earth elemental thing is there, and I recognize a couple of others. 

6 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I hate to admit it, but these look intriguing.

I like the low walls, and the fact you can prebuilt the rooms for a faster setup, or just to pull out for reveals as the party explores.

I have to agree, especially on the low walls.  It let's you know there's obviously a wall there, but means you aren't dealing with cramped tiny rooms and everyone can see a lot better without having to constantly get up.  I'd suspect moving minis would be a lot easier too... 

Now the question is how expensive will it be in Canadian dollars, and will this see the same fate as the Beholder has.. 

...And should I put a pre-order in now.... :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Now the question is how expensive will it be in Canadian dollars

Personally, I think they're already a bit expensive in US dollars, but I'm not the target market.

One thing I will give them credit for is including both DragonLock and OpenLock clips so they can be used with all the 3D printable tiles already available.

• Like 2

The fact that I cannot get a six pack of unpainted stirges is proof to me that the suits, not the gamers, are in charge of what's being produced. Because the suits would put beholders and Drizz't well ahead of stirges. It'd never occur to them that a working DM would cheerfully buy three or four packs of the things.

Further reinforcing that belief is the fact that I can buy a hardback adventure book... I can buy a Map And Handout Pack that goes with that adventure book... I can buy a Special Dice Set that goes with that adventure book.... and in some of the newer cases, I can buy a full sized pirate ship and a sort of Mad Max Hell Car Vehicle, even.... (for hundreds of dollars each!)

...but for some reason, I have to go out and buy all the minis separate, if I can find them, and if they actually MAKE the dratted beasts. The stirges are available on the secondary market -- the collectible prepaints have several variants -- but where the hell are the damn blistered, unpainted  STIRGES?

EDIT: It occurs to me that I had this same durn problem with Umber Hulks a while back.

Edited by Dr.Bedlam
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1