Sign in to follow this  
Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

They have a prepainted skycoach. ::(:

My Eberron game is wrapping up, and NOW they come out with a skycoach.

I'm just about in tears, here. ::(:

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I had no idea what a sky coach was so I googled it.

Now I want one.

Apparently James Wade, the coach of the Chicago Sky, has been named WNBA coach of the year.

Hooray.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I had no idea what a sky coach was so I googled it.

Now I want one.

You and me both. And I'd seriously consider buying a Tradesman mini vehicle in scale, from Spelljammer.

But with a million HeroClix out there, why would anyone buy X-Men?

I would love to see them roll out a Warduke.  

@Dr.Bedlam

I think the X-men release could be a cash cow for them on multiple fronts.  Even though there are a million X-men clix out there the paint apps on most are pretty terrible.  The ground you can cover with these is immense.  Heroclix players who want nicer paint jobs (now introduced to mini painting, DND, pathfinder, etc); Miniature painters/RPGers who wanted to paint/play as/include their favorite superheroes but were put off by the horrible clix paint apps and/or the price/scarcity of previous offerings, now have an option that doesn't involve solvents and brushes and effort (now also introduced to Heroclix);  Folks that are just into supes, in general, (introduced to both).  This could be a pretty sweet little feedback loop.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

You and me both. And I'd seriously consider buying a Tradesman mini vehicle in scale, from Spelljammer.

The relases they are doing on this are LE figs that you had to get by playing the events at the store. So some folks aren't close to a LGS they could play at. This way they can pick up the figs they want and then give them the paint scheme they want.

Oh, second thing, looking for a 4 armed humanoid for Starfinder Kasathas and an insect type for Shirren. Do any of you know of any of these lines that have something like this?

6 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

They have a prepainted skycoach. ::(:

My Eberron game is wrapping up, and NOW they come out with a skycoach.

I'm just about in tears, here. ::(:

skycoach-png.114390

The Auld Grump

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

For the Shirren there are the thri-kreen that have both unpainted and painted versions.  Also you could try heroclix grasshopper, kamakiriman, or the drone from the halo series.  The Kasathas are tough.  Outside of the prepaint in the iconics pack, there's nothing I've seen that really matches the aesthetic.  There is a salaak from one of the green lantern heroclix sets that might work.  All of the mentioned heroclix should be fairly cheap as singles on the resell sites but they will usually have so so paint jobs.  Otherwise wizkids is supposed to release the official starfinder stuff in 2020.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

Oh, second thing, looking for a 4 armed humanoid for Starfinder Kasathas and an insect type for Shirren. Do any of you know of any of these lines that have something like this?

Chronoscope line up has 4 arms guys (bones chrono too)

50424 is the chronoscope stock number.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

to cut up and mod to make custom supers. I've used the prepaints for it, but the paint tends to be too thick to really paint up well after.

7 hours ago, haldir said:

Chronoscope line up has 4 arms guys (bones chrono too)

50424 is the chronoscope stock number.

Depending on what you want them wearing, I know there was at least on company what made some Barsoom figures.  Cant get the search to work at at the work computer though (game related content is blocked).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1