Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

14 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Any word yet on the next wave?

Seems like updates just kind of... stopped, after Wave 10.

The Auld Grump

End of the year, so they are probably waiting for all of their other Unpainted lines to come in + last year they didn't announce the first of the year wave till late, IIRC. I know it released in May?

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 10:32 AM, Darsc Zacal said:

I’m kinda interested in new gas station set.

Would be good for Mantics The Walking Dead game.

Saw the set at my FLGS for $79.99 CDN. 

Have to say I suffered from sticker shock when seeing that. The sets not worth anywhere near that price, painted or unpainted. I was surprised so many of the pieces were very badly bent and warped.

The three standouts were the large propane tank, Ice cooler, and vending machine.

C10CCCD5-76B5-43D7-B765-65618F32673F.thumb.jpeg.049c2ade74f6f41f7134d9b15f595b9f.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Saw the set at my FLGS for $79.99 CDN. 

Have to say I suffered from sticker shock when seeing that. The sets not worth anywhere near that price, painted or unpainted. I was surprised so many of the pieces were very badly bent and warped.

The three standouts were the large propane tank, Ice cooler, and vending machine.

C10CCCD5-76B5-43D7-B765-65618F32673F.thumb.jpeg.049c2ade74f6f41f7134d9b15f595b9f.jpeg

Needs a sign reading Eat Here Get Gas.  (Folks from Maine know where I am referring to.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Needs a sign reading Eat Here Get Gas.  (Folks from Maine know where I am referring to.)

The Auld Grump

There is a road sign on the way to LaGrande, OR on i84 that says that. All these years, & I still chuckle.

Yah I question the pricing on the prepainted sets, myself. If anything I search Zeebay for single pieces. (How I got the pools from the pillars set

• Like 3

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/44495/new-dragons-for-dungeons-dragons-nolzurs-marvelous-miniatures

New Unpainted Stuff!!!

There are three young dragons: Young Gold, Young Silver, and Young Red 14.99 each

(Hopefully these are actually the right base shape....)

Two wyrmling miniatures sets are slated for release: Green Dragon Wyrmling & Afflicted Elf and Gold Dragon Wyrmling &  Small Treasure Pile 4.99 each

(note: I do like they used the "dragon" gold coin shape of the FR for the treasure pile)

Dragonborn heroes: Female Dragonborn Fighter and Male Dragonborn Paladin. 4.99 each

(I question the idea of ANTHER fighter & paladin in this race.....ughhh)

Release: March 2020

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

Well at least one of the Dragonborns is casting a spell so it could be used as a Cleric.

That is what I was thinking. Just the idea of having more of the same class/race combos on the package just irks me (like the Goliath, hard race to find minis for let alone, class combos). Plus, of course there are people out there that can't or won't come up with the idea, it could be a different class because the package says it's that (ie the elf with  bow, people).

They just added Pathfinder Deep Cuts:

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/44497/new-miniatures-for-pathfinder-battles-deep-cuts

Male Elf Magus (Magic User) x 2 4.99

(I kinda like this guy, probably will pick it up)

Hydra and a Gargantuan Skeletal Dragon 24.99 each

(Spendy hydra, but it is Huge size & the heads are removable. I never cared for that sculpt of the skeletal dragon when it came out in Skull & Shackles (I think that was the set), but my opinion might change if I see at retail)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

Ooooooh, serpentine hydra, just the way I like em.

Considering the prepainted version of that one is spendy on the aftermarket scene, I'm all in on having a unpainted one.

19 hours ago, haldir said:

There is a road sign on the way to LaGrande, OR on i84 that says that. All these years, & I still chuckle.

Yah I question the pricing on the prepainted sets, myself. If anything I search Zeebay for single pieces. (How I got the pools from the pillars set

Probably a smaller production run - the bigger the run, the lower the price can be. ::(:

Molds are expensive, plastic is cheap - the more they produce the more they can spread out the cost of the molds.

The Auld Grump - that gas station reminds me of the old X-Com.... (Still have it, still play it, and like it tons better than the remake.)

• Like 1

These waves have gotten very small...

I suppose they have the appeal for player character pieces, but man there are so many versions of the Iconics for Pathfinder now.  There's so few pieces for GMs.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, haldir said:

I don’t usually care for Wizkids humanoid minis, but I do find myself strangely drawn to that weretiger. ^_^

Rather liking some of those undead too.

I wonder if the zombie beholder will set off a second collectors buying frenzy.

• Like 3