Jump to content

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids


Beowulfthehunter
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thanks for the suggestions @haldir, @PaganMegan and @Nunae! I've reshaped bonesium before, but I wasn't sure if the Wizkids plastic reacted the same way. I'll try and reshape them today, then leave them for a few days to make sure they don't return to their normal position. 

 

It's the Young Red and Silver Dragons that are bothering me the most, hopefully I'll be able to sort them out. Thanks again, everyone!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposedly, the tower is out

 

"Long-forgotten towers are an essential part of D&D adventures, whether the party has stumbled across a overgrown ruin  or the home of a reclusive wizard. This three-level tower features a modular design and removable layers, so players can customize its appearance to fit their gaming needs. The Tower has removable windows, buttresses, stairs, and floors, and features three double-sided floor tiles, with a gridded and non-gridded versions.  Also, each section of the tower is 100 mm tall, and buttresses on the ground floor can be taken out or rearranged to accommodate the scenario.    

The box comes with a Bottom Floor, a Middle Floor, a Top Floor, a Top Floor Landing, a Top Floor Skylight, 4 Butresses Style 1, 4 Butresses Style 2, a Door, 8 Windows, 3 Staircases, and 3 Double-sided Floor Tiles. The Tower will retail for $249.99:blink:

 

Nice piece of terrain, but I'll be passing this one up. Hopefully thou the top of it, they turn those in Unpainted minis. I think those would make great cultist figures.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, haldir said:

Supposedly, the tower is out

 

"Long-forgotten towers are an essential part of D&D adventures, whether the party has stumbled across a overgrown ruin  or the home of a reclusive wizard. This three-level tower features a modular design and removable layers, so players can customize its appearance to fit their gaming needs. The Tower has removable windows, buttresses, stairs, and floors, and features three double-sided floor tiles, with a gridded and non-gridded versions.  Also, each section of the tower is 100 mm tall, and buttresses on the ground floor can be taken out or rearranged to accommodate the scenario.    

The box comes with a Bottom Floor, a Middle Floor, a Top Floor, a Top Floor Landing, a Top Floor Skylight, 4 Butresses Style 1, 4 Butresses Style 2, a Door, 8 Windows, 3 Staircases, and 3 Double-sided Floor Tiles. The Tower will retail for $249.99:blink:

 

Nice piece of terrain, but I'll be passing this one up. Hopefully thou the top of it, they turn those in Unpainted minis. I think those would make great cultist figures.

That is the prepainted price, I presume?

 

The Auld Grump

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

That is the prepainted price, I presume?

 

The Auld Grump

We don't need it.

 

We have the ones by GW from when they scrapped Warhammer Fantasy.

 

My Fire has decided that it will no longer run Firefox, and I am hating Silk. Like, a lot. :grr:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

We don't need it.

 

We have the ones by GW from when they scrapped Warhammer Fantasy.

 

My Fire has decided that it will no longer run Firefox, and I am hating Silk. Like, a lot.  :grr:

Grump fixed it. ::):

 

My Fire had tried to update Firefox to the 64 bit version, on a tablet with a 16 bit brain.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2019 at 3:54 PM, Corsair said:

So we need fabulous, flatulent, floating flapjack frisbees? Where do we start the petition?

They did, eventually release the Flumphs!

 

Sort of like releasing the Kraken, but with embarrassing noises instead of a roar.

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Month of the new wave! Thou, not DnD or Pathfinder but I see the Transformers Wave 2 is starting to release as well. Soundwave was out on Mini market (out of stock when I seen it). The rest shouldn't be far behind. I'm really looking forward to those. I was very satisfied with the first wave.

 

Funny looking forward to the giant ape (gargantuan base size) for Nolzur's/Deep Cuts in this wave. I'm tempted to paint it purple......

  • Like 5
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2020 at 4:24 PM, haldir said:

Month of the new wave! Thou, not DnD or Pathfinder but I see the Transformers Wave 2 is starting to release as well. Soundwave was out on Mini market (out of stock when I seen it). The rest shouldn't be far behind. I'm really looking forward to those. I was very satisfied with the first wave.

 

Funny looking forward to the giant ape (gargantuan base size) for Nolzur's/Deep Cuts in this wave. I'm tempted to paint it purple......

Grape ape...grape ape...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

so... I see ICV2 is talking about a 1:1 scale foam goblin from wizkids.

 

It's more or less store swag. Similar to the the foam heads, beholder, etc etc.

Unless of course if you have the cash to spend, go for it!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MtG enters the Unpainted market:

 

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/46341/wizkids-unleashes-magic-the-gathering-unpainted-miniatures

 

Some of those look interesting. I like the demon, ghost council & the gynosphinx as ones I'll probably get. With the county shutdown lasting for 3 weeks at least, kinda gives me some time before I need a regal looking gynosphinx mini for a upcoming Eberron AL game (if we ever can get back to gaming at the FLGS, that is).

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...