Sign in to follow this  
Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

1 hour ago, Lidless Eye said:

Total side note:  I'm really surprised Deep Cuts hasn't had the iconic four from "We Be Goblins" yet

I  believe only 1 of them has shown up so far & that is the Mogmurch, the alchemist. Of course, I for one would love it if they all made appearances, but since I have the prepainted figures (which have been used allot over the years), I'm not to worried about em.

I think thou with the newest freerpgday mod, we might be getting kobolds.......

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, haldir said:

I  believe only 1 of them has shown up so far & that is the Mogmurch, the alchemist. Of course, I for one would love it if they all made appearances, but since I have the prepainted figures (which have been used allot over the years), I'm not to worried about em.

I think thou with the newest freerpgday mod, we might be getting kobolds.......

And it's only baby Mogmurch from the prequel We B4 Goblins!

The other one in the pack is the Pathfinder 2 Iconic Alchemist whatshisface

The first PF2 Free RPG Day had a new set of iconic Goblins but that entire module was a hot mess.

Edited by Lidless Eye
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

The first PF2 Free RPG Day had a new set of iconic Goblins but that entire module was a hot mess.

Yah I was going to run this at this RCon (live, not online) & I was willing to go with Heroforge minis for those 4. It's funny having those prepainted WbG goblins has made for me, the adventure so much funner to run. I just use other Pathfinder style goblins I've gotten over the years for other pregens I've made up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, haldir said:

Yah I was going to run this at this RCon (live, not online) & I was willing to go with Heroforge minis for those 4. It's funny having those prepainted WbG goblins has made for me, the adventure so much funner to run. I just use other Pathfinder style goblins I've gotten over the years for other pregens I've made up.

Honestly the only part I liked about the new Goblins was their design.  IMO, it is a mess of not knowing which part of PF2 playtest era it was supposed to use, a bland adventure, and a ham fisted "but these Goblins are lead by a Shaman convincing them to be Good!" explanation instead of the nasty spiteful things we had the last four times

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

Honestly the only part I liked about the new Goblins was their design.  IMO, it is a mess of not knowing which part of PF2 playtest era it was supposed to use, a bland adventure, and a ham fisted "but these Goblins are lead by a Shaman convincing them to be Good!" explanation instead of the nasty spiteful things we had the last four times

That whole playtest was a hot mess.

And led to the (so far) only time Megan has ever given me an ultimatum.

Being a wise Auld Grump, I listened to her.

Though... I don't mind Good goblins - at all. Heck, I run a city campaign where there are that wouldn't even be called unusual. And I do like those gobbo minis.

But, yeah - part of the fun of the We Be Goblins is just how horrible the little blighters are. Like playing Kobolds Ate My Baby. Changing that... tore the heart right out of it.

The Auld Grump

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

That whole playtest was a hot mess.

And led to the (so far) only time Megan has ever given me an ultimatum.

Being a wise Auld Grump, I listened to her.

Though... I don't mind Good goblins - at all. Heck, I run a city campaign where there are that wouldn't even be called unusual. And I do like those gobbo minis.

But, yeah - part of the fun of the We Be Goblins is just how horrible the little blighters are. Like playing Kobolds Ate My Baby. Changing that... tore the heart right out of it.

The Auld Grump

I'm afraid to know about the ultimatum.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

I'm afraid to know about the ultimatum.

'Stop running the playtest. None of us are having fun.'

And she was right - I wanted to continue, not because I was enjoying it, but because I kept hoping that they would fix it.

This was right after the spokesmonkey from Paizo stated that it was a playtest, and wasn't supposed to be fun.

Uhm, it's a playtest for a game... and, yeah, games are supposed to be fun.

Then came Resonance, and half their playtesters quit.

Hot mess really does describe it - they already knew what they wanted to do, and were having trouble listening when the players tried to tell them no.

The Auld Grump

• Like 7

5 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

'Stop running the playtest. None of us are having fun.'

And she was right - I wanted to continue, not because I was enjoying it, but because I kept hoping that they would fix it.

This was right after the spokesmonkey from Paizo stated that it was a playtest, and wasn't supposed to be fun.

Uhm, it's a playtest for a game... and, yeah, games are supposed to be fun.

Then came Resonance, and half their playtesters quit.

Hot mess really does describe it - they already knew what they wanted to do, and were having trouble listening when the players tried to tell them no.

The Auld Grump

Yeah, having been a playtester during both private and public phases of several RPGs, it was bizarre to see how Pathfinder 2 was handled.  They sold a playtest version, weird.  They ignored most input, not good.  Comments like what they said regarding no fun seemed common.

It's like they took a good look at what most people talk about for D&D 5E and ran with the opposite.  Public playtest that didn't matter.  Simplified action economy but then half the actions don't fall under it.  Customization packet after Customization packet that would obviously just lead to instant bloat.  Universal special rules for weapons and spells, except there's tables of tables for those again.  

I was shocked by how much I disliked the finished product.

• Like 5

I made the ultimatum when I realized I was DREADING the game, not looking foward to it.

Character generation SUCKS! Spend four times as long to make a character half as powerful and capable. WTF!

Keeping PF1.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

I made the ultimatum when I realized I was DREADING the game, not looking foward to it.

Character generation SUCKS! Spend four times as long to make a character half as powerful and capable. WTF!

Keeping PF1.

I'm curious how the just announced 5E "Tasha's Cauldron of Everything" will handle Ancestry, as it is one of the optional rules mentioned.  I doubt it will be as silly as PF2 where your race/species/ancestry barely does anything except give access to more Feats

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

I'm curious how the just announced 5E "Tasha's Cauldron of Everything" will handle Ancestry, as it is one of the optional rules mentioned.  I doubt it will be as silly as PF2 where your race/species/ancestry barely does anything except give access to more Feats

I'd guess you're going to get a regional bonus like you do in pathfinder 1

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I'd guess you're going to get a regional bonus like you do in pathfinder 1

Yeah, they've said it may be things like "So you're a Rock Gnome but you were raised by humans, so swap out XYZ for human trait"

Sorry, I got us really off topic for the WizKids minis.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

I'm getting a 2E Powers and Skills vibe.  At least I think that was what the book was called.  I mostly skipped 2E.

• Like 4

So I'm thinkin the Deep Cuts Unicorn has become the Beholder when it comes to Out of Stock............

• Sad 4

4 hours ago, haldir said:

Oh here is anther one & with Testor's in limbo land (allot of their paint lines are going away)

Dullcoat.

Yah there are other matte sprays out there but there is only one Testor's Dullcoat!!!!!!

I've heard Rustoleum Universal Dead Flat might actually be rebranded Dullcoat.

• Like 5